A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

Spirited Friday Night (if I can keep my eyes open) Musings:

I've heard that DLR has decided on the BRAND over patriotism (and today is a day to be proud of the USA ... finally!) a, nd won't be showing the traditional July 4th pyro show at all (usually they play it for 3-5 nights) instead opting for the new 60th Disneyland Forever show. A friend said they did the same in 2005 during the 50th, but I simply don't recall. I still find it odd.

And of our DLers (@raven24, @TP2000, @GiveMeTheMusic , @Stevek etc) know for sure?

The final performance (as I reported here a while ago) for HKDL's Golden Mickeys will be a month from today and then the stage will go dark to be replaced in November with a new show called ''Mickey and the Wondrous Book'' ... I've been told that Olaf plays a major role (no, I don't take that as a good sign).

Speaking of that 'wuvable snowman who loves warm hugs and dreams of summer, HKDL is in the midst of their own summer Frozen Fest: http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.c...?AssetId=e98e5de9-08ac-4ce0-b8d3-7d2218cab90d

With DLP having its own summer Frozen event, it would appear that only Anaheim and Tokyo are largely free of Frozen Overkill right now.

I am looking forward to Ted 2 and I say that unabashedly. But I somehow doubt it will outdraw Jurassic World and Inside Out this weekend.

Speaking of movies, a tiny birdie says there are people in Burbank who are concerned that Ant Man will be the first Marvel film that ''only does OK''.

To all the Marvel fanbois who think Disney is going to force UNI to give back those characters ... BS ... yada ... yada ... and more yada ... you should take the work that's about to begin on IOA's Marvel-themed island as proof positive that it isn't the case at all. I'm just looking forward to a much smoother and plussed Hulk experience ... oh, and the 'possibilities' that will open up when they remove Dr. Doom and the almost always empty since 1999 Toon Lagoon Theater next door!

So, was thinking about buying something cheap for 'Angie' because it truly is the thought that counts, right? Anyway, was at the Disney Store website and couldn't help but notice Walt Disney Animation Gallery cells for sale at full price. Yes, take that as another sign that the Animation attraction space is, indeed, closing very, very soon. As is One Man's Dream.

No, I don't think putting a Star Wars/Marvel combo exhibit/retail space in Innoventions is a good idea, even if it's just temporary (in this case that could be 2-3 years depending on other developments).

Have been told that TDO wants the new Skippers Cafe (not sure if that's the final name) open ASAP. Chatter still exists that it will have a 1901-esque lounge component.

OK, I know summer only 'officially' started last week, but where are the breathless phased closings at MK (we know they'll never happen elsewhere!)

Did Under the Dome return last night for a third season? Yeah, I don't really care. Mr. Robot ... now, that is some very intriguing TV. The way they attacked Steve Jobs as a terrible human being (most people who aren't Apple fanbois agree) and Mark Zuckerberg (also, same) just was very, very ballsy.
I noticed Ant - Man isn't playing at El Capitan that struck me as odd

TalkingHead

I was very upset when I first saw Bambi. It was a re-release in theaters (Disney did this before VCRs, which came before DVDs, which came before Blu-Rays etc) and I was probably five or six. I think I haven't seen it fully since then. But learning that man hunts, man kills, man destroys is not a bad message. It is teaching reality. The world isn't a safe place and I can't imagine bringing up children to think it is (of course, I readily admit I could never be a parent to anything that actually talks back ... barking doesn't count!)

Man, talk about a movie that Disney Animation would never make today. Visually and thematically, it's one of Disney's most ambitious movies.

I gather it's also not very popular with the fanboi community. Shocking, I know.

doctornick

Speaking of movies, a tiny birdie says there are people in Burbank who are concerned that Ant Man will be the first Marvel film that ''only does OK''.

It depends on what is meant by "doing OK", but I think there is zero chance that Ant Man has world receipts less than The Incredible Hulk (only $263M worldwide) and I feel confident it will beat Capt America: TFA as well ($370M WW). I think it might feel like a "miss" to some people who have lofty expectations for any MCU film, but I'm expecting something in the realm of $450-500M worldwide which should still be reasonably profitable.

Rteetz

Just throwing this out there don't know if it's been discussed yet. Disney has told house keeping to stop doing the towel animals and mickeys because it wastes towels and time. They would much rather have the maids cleaning for an extra five minutes than making towel animals.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Just throwing this out there don't know if it's been discussed yet. Disney has told house keeping to stop doing the towel animals and mickeys because it wastes towels and time. They would much rather have the maids cleaning for an extra five minutes than making towel animals.
Interesting. I wonder if that will allow them to dust, vaccuum, and clean the urine from the toilet base and under the seat. It's a shame to lose the extra towels.

*1023*

Disneyhead'71

I think it depends on the kids, just like adults.

I think slower, more emotionally stunted children may find parts to be troubling. Same with adults or fanbois.

There's nothing wrong with taking your kids to films that may upset them (no, not saying you should traumatize them) or cause discussion.

I was very upset when I first saw Bambi. It was a re-release in theaters (Disney did this before VCRs, which came before DVDs, which came before Blu-Rays etc) and I was probably five or six. I think I haven't seen it fully since then. But learning that man hunts, man kills, man destroys is not a bad message. It is teaching reality. The world isn't a safe place and I can't imagine bringing up children to think it is (of course, I readily admit I could never be a parent to anything that actually talks back ... barking doesn't count!)
That what is so interesting about the Princess Snowflake generation. The tales that the Disney Princess movies are based on are cautionary tales about the dangers of the real world. Now the parents of Princess Snowflake storm Guest Relations if poor ADHD Princess Snowflack can't get a GAC for the entire family reunion group of 45.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
That what is so interesting about the Princess Snowflake generation. The tales that the Disney Princess movies are based on are cautionary tales about the dangers of the real world. Now the parents of Princess Snowflake storm Guest Relations if poor ADHD Princess Snowflack can't get a GAC for the entire family reunion group of 45.
Don't forget that everyone gets a trophy....

*1023*

PhotoDave219

Light duty people used to make those.... so I dont see them discontinued. Just pushed to the side for the busy work for those on the DL.

Mike S

Rteetz

This castle photo is going around the Internet

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom