A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yep. If his friend really did put the pass up for auction without his knowledge it's a big time d move. He should have 1 less friend. There's also a good chance that he knew exactly where the pass was going and is just hoping that he can claim ignorance and get off with a warning.

Disney has permitted the auction of D33 passes for charity auctions before obviously with permission so this by no means is a verboten activity. I think TWDC is salivating over collecting a fresh new initiation fee and using this as an excuse. For crying out loud this guy is a CHARTER MEMBER of Club 33 I think he knows the rules.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Quick Thought on the Club 33 debate....

If I'm paying $27k for the initial membership and $12k/year for membership dues, NO WAY am I letting that guest pass get out of my site.

People are responsible for their guests. One of the easier ways to get term'd from the company is having your guests misbehave when you've maingated them.

When you have been a member for a half century one generally assumes that the management will cut you a bit of slack in the event guests do something questionable, It's not like the guy is a new member

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Friday Night (if I can keep my eyes open) Musings:

I've heard that DLR has decided on the BRAND over patriotism (and today is a day to be proud of the USA ... finally!) a, nd won't be showing the traditional July 4th pyro show at all (usually they play it for 3-5 nights) instead opting for the new 60th Disneyland Forever show. A friend said they did the same in 2005 during the 50th, but I simply don't recall. I still find it odd.

And of our DLers (@raven24, @TP2000, @GiveMeTheMusic , @Stevek etc) know for sure?

The final performance (as I reported here a while ago) for HKDL's Golden Mickeys will be a month from today and then the stage will go dark to be replaced in November with a new show called ''Mickey and the Wondrous Book'' ... I've been told that Olaf plays a major role (no, I don't take that as a good sign).

Speaking of that 'wuvable snowman who loves warm hugs and dreams of summer, HKDL is in the midst of their own summer Frozen Fest: http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.c...?AssetId=e98e5de9-08ac-4ce0-b8d3-7d2218cab90d

With DLP having its own summer Frozen event, it would appear that only Anaheim and Tokyo are largely free of Frozen Overkill right now.

I am looking forward to Ted 2 and I say that unabashedly. But I somehow doubt it will outdraw Jurassic World and Inside Out this weekend.

Speaking of movies, a tiny birdie says there are people in Burbank who are concerned that Ant Man will be the first Marvel film that ''only does OK''.

To all the Marvel fanbois who think Disney is going to force UNI to give back those characters ... BS ... yada ... yada ... and more yada ... you should take the work that's about to begin on IOA's Marvel-themed island as proof positive that it isn't the case at all. I'm just looking forward to a much smoother and plussed Hulk experience ... oh, and the 'possibilities' that will open up when they remove Dr. Doom and the almost always empty since 1999 Toon Lagoon Theater next door!

So, was thinking about buying something cheap for 'Angie' because it truly is the thought that counts, right? Anyway, was at the Disney Store website and couldn't help but notice Walt Disney Animation Gallery cells for sale at full price. Yes, take that as another sign that the Animation attraction space is, indeed, closing very, very soon. As is One Man's Dream.

No, I don't think putting a Star Wars/Marvel combo exhibit/retail space in Innoventions is a good idea, even if it's just temporary (in this case that could be 2-3 years depending on other developments).

Have been told that TDO wants the new Skippers Cafe (not sure if that's the final name) open ASAP. Chatter still exists that it will have a 1901-esque lounge component.

OK, I know summer only 'officially' started last week, but where are the breathless phased closings at MK (we know they'll never happen elsewhere!)

Did Under the Dome return last night for a third season? Yeah, I don't really care. Mr. Robot ... now, that is some very intriguing TV. The way they attacked Steve Jobs as a terrible human being (most people who aren't Apple fanbois agree) and Mark Zuckerberg (also, same) just was very, very ballsy.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Kicking out an Original Club 33 member that shows real class,

They likely had it coming from what I've been told.

And since I will only go as someone's guest, you behave like you are just that. The guy knew the rules and gave his tickets to someone who broke them (no, I don't care that it was a good cause ... every lifestyler- says they support Make a Wish and often do things for them. It doesn't make everything OK if you break rules for what you believe is a good cause.) that makes him culpable.

Mike S

I've heard that DLR has decided on the BRAND over patriotism (and today is a day to be proud of the USA ... finally!) a, nd won't be showing the traditional July 4th pyro show at all (usually they play it for 3-5 nights) instead opting for the new 60th Disneyland Forever show. A friend said they did the same in 2005 during the 50th, but I simply don't recall. I still find it odd.

And of our DLers (@raven24, @TP2000, @GiveMeTheMusic , @Stevek etc) know for sure?

The final performance (as I reported here a while ago) for HKDL's Golden Mickeys will be a month from today and then the stage will go dark to be replaced in November with a new show called ''Mickey and the Wondrous Book'' ... I've been told that Olaf plays a major role (no, I don't take that as a good sign).

Speaking of that 'wuvable snowman who loves warm hugs and dreams of summer, HKDL is in the midst of their own summer Frozen Fest: http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.c...?AssetId=e98e5de9-08ac-4ce0-b8d3-7d2218cab90d

With DLP having its own summer Frozen event, it would appear that only Anaheim and Tokyo are largely free of Frozen Overkill right now.

I am looking forward to Ted 2 and I say that unabashedly. But I somehow doubt it will outdraw Jurassic World and Inside Out this weekend.

Speaking of movies, a tiny birdie says there are people in Burbank who are concerned that Ant Man will be the first Marvel film that ''only does OK''.

To all the Marvel fanbois who think Disney is going to force UNI to give back those characters ... BS ... yada ... yada ... and more yada ... you should take the work that's about to begin on IOA's Marvel-themed island as proof positive that it isn't the case at all. I'm just looking forward to a much smoother and plussed Hulk experience ... oh, and the 'possibilities' that will open up when they remove Dr. Doom and the almost always empty since 1999 Toon Lagoon Theater next door!

So, was thinking about buying something cheap for 'Angie' because it truly is the thought that counts, right? Anyway, was at the Disney Store website and couldn't help but notice Walt Disney Animation Gallery cells for sale at full price. Yes, take that as another sign that the Animation attraction space is, indeed, closing very, very soon. As is One Man's Dream.

No, I don't think putting a Star Wars/Marvel combo exhibit/retail space in Innoventions is a good idea, even if it's just temporary (in this case that could be 2-3 years depending on other developments).

Have been told that TDO wants the new Skippers Cafe (not sure if that's the final name) open ASAP. Chatter still exists that it will have a 1901-esque lounge component.

OK, I know summer only 'officially' started last week, but where are the breathless phased closings at MK (we know they'll never happen elsewhere!)

Did Under the Dome return last night for a third season? Yeah, I don't really care. Mr. Robot ... now, that is some very intriguing TV. The way they attacked Steve Jobs as a terrible human being (most people who aren't Apple fanbois agree) and Mark Zuckerberg (also, same) just was very, very ballsy.
Ted 2 was great, saw it this morning :hilarious:

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland Forever will play nightly (including July 4th) and on the night of the 4th will have a special "patriotic" finale tag. Nothing for the 3rd or 5th. I believe the same thing happened in 2005 when the fireworks show was a big piece of the marketing campaign for the summer.

All 3 WOC's on the 4th will have a patriotic tag as well.

Have you heard anything about HKDL's 10th besides the new stage show?

GiveMeTheMusic

They likely had it coming from what I've been told.

And since I will only go as someone's guest, you behave like you are just that. The guy knew the rules and gave his tickets to someone who broke them (no, I don't care that it was a good cause ... every lifestyler-***** says they support Make a Wish and often do things for them. It doesn't make everything OK if you break rules for what you believe is a good cause.) that makes him culpable.

This is not the first time this member has broken the rules. In fact, this member contribute to some of the reasons some newer club rules exist. He's infamous among long-time club members, most of whom shed no tears upon learning of his booting.

WDW1974

Original Poster
How about compared to rest of the US carriers, I wish they would fly out of Tampa.
FiveThirtyEight has a statistical analysis on the efficiency of domestic carriers: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ines-airports-and-flights-summer-2015-update/

I am intrigued by their entrance into the cruise market, I have been on three Disney cruises and hesitant to try a different line due to the clientel, food and accommodations.

US carriers largely suck. After almost 15 years of being an elite level flyer with Continental and later United, I'm done. I'm flying whatever carrier has the best fares, times and planes for where I want to go. I would strongly advise people fly American if they're going to stick with a domestic carrier simply due to the absurd new way miles are calculated based on how much you spend (Delta and UA both have started doing this in 2015). No, I'm not giving loyalty to any carrier (sorry, Jim Compton!) to an airline that will penalize me for buying a less pricey seat. One mile flown is one mile flown. I'm not going to get 978 miles for a roundtrip from MIA to LAX because I was smart enough to buy a $300 ticket. Nope.

As to Virgin, I only had one experience. A Turkey Evening flight from FLL to LAX a few years ago. The crew was nice. the plane was new. The food I bought was decent enough. But it really wasn't special in any way.

I'd do a Princess cruise or an NCL cruise myself. Disney is great, but I've only had one bad experience (on Celebrity ) and as a result ... well, let's just say some heads rolled!

Last edited:

Tigger1988

Disney has permitted the auction of D33 passes for charity auctions before obviously with permission so this by no means is a verboten activity. I think TWDC is salivating over collecting a fresh new initiation fee and using this as an excuse. For crying out loud this guy is a CHARTER MEMBER of Club 33 I think he knows the rules.
He's not a charter member, again he joined TEN YEARS after it opened.

mahnamahna101

They're not removing the Carnage warehouse? If they did that, they could fit an E (Doom plus a portion of Carnage), a C/D (the rest of Carnage) and a C/D (Toon Lagoon Theater). They could even bulldoze the carnival games and move Storm Force across from the theater (enclose it to block out backstage) if they wanted more room over by Doom.

So MSHI is getting more than one new attraction? Since those two areas are pretty far apart :D

WDW1974

Original Poster
What do you mean? My 10 and 8 year old grand kids loved it and the 7 month old slept peaceably through it while I cried...

I think it depends on the kids, just like adults.

I think slower, more emotionally stunted children may find parts to be troubling. Same with adults or fanbois.

There's nothing wrong with taking your kids to films that may upset them (no, not saying you should traumatize them) or cause discussion.

I was very upset when I first saw Bambi. It was a re-release in theaters (Disney did this before VCRs, which came before DVDs, which came before Blu-Rays etc) and I was probably five or six. I think I haven't seen it fully since then. But learning that man hunts, man kills, man destroys is not a bad message. It is teaching reality. The world isn't a safe place and I can't imagine bringing up children to think it is (of course, I readily admit I could never be a parent to anything that actually talks back ... barking doesn't count!)

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
Disneyland Forever will play nightly (including July 4th) and on the night of the 4th will have a special "patriotic" finale tag. Nothing for the 3rd or 5th. I believe the same thing happened in 2005 when the fireworks show was a big piece of the marketing campaign for the summer.

All 3 WOC's on the 4th will have a patriotic tag as well.

Have you heard anything about HKDL's 10th besides the new stage show?

I would guess the ''patriotic tag'' will make enough folks happy. I just couldn't see them ignoring the holiday just because they turned 60 this year.

Nope. They are keeping quiet. Last I heard a new (day) parade was coming. I saw the logo for the 10th somewhere. It's pretty simple and I like it ... Tinker Bell basically covering the castle in Pixie Dust. If I knew where I saw it, then I'd place it here ...

StageFrenzy

There is a classic Spirit post good information on the little things that matter or are interesting, gossip on inner workings on TWDC, observations on attendance with a little media critique at the end. So what's more interesting Mr. Robot vs Humans? Is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell on your radar?

PhotoDave219

I'm beginning to look at the first 6Mo attendance .... and Damn. They're gonna break some attendance records this year.

The resort is busy as hell.... granted its feast or famine sofar this year. The resort overall? 42 peak crowds sofar (23% of the year) vs 43 all of last year (12% of the year) and 55 in all of 2013 (15%). You figure that between Christmas, Thanksgiving and July 4th, they'll exceed 55 without a problem. This time last year? 15 peak days. Same time period 2013? 32.

The overall crowd is either coming away in droves or staying home. Days when the crowd ranks 1/2 happened 22 times sofar, vs 7 in 2014 and 14 in 2013. Those middle days, the 4-7 days.... those dropped significantly.

The above average/average and below crowds are right in line with 2014 tho. Should finish the 6mo at 52% of the time Average and below crowd. However that above average crowd of 6+ days? seeing as its about the same as last year (should be one day different), its consisting of 3x as many peak crowds.

Resort as a whole is up big. Similar to 2013 crowd distribution but larger crowds.....

twebber55

I'm beginning to look at the first 6Mo attendance .... and Damn. They're gonna break some attendance records this year.

The resort is busy as hell.... granted its feast or famine sofar this year. The resort overall? 42 peak crowds sofar (23% of the year) vs 43 all of last year (12% of the year) and 55 in all of 2013 (15%). You figure that between Christmas, Thanksgiving and July 4th, they'll exceed 55 without a problem. This time last year? 15 peak days. Same time period 2013? 32.

The overall crowd is either coming away in droves or staying home. Days when the crowd ranks 1/2 happened 22 times sofar, vs 7 in 2014 and 14 in 2013. Those middle days, the 4-7 days.... those dropped significantly.

totally anecdotal on my part but I felt the crowds were much worse this year the first week of June than last year at the same time

The above average/average and below crowds are right in line with 2014 tho. Should finish the 6mo at 52% of the time Average and below crowd. However that above average crowd of 6+ days? seeing as its about the same as last year (should be one day different), its consisting of 3x as many peak crowds.

Resort as a whole is up big. Similar to 2013 crowd distribution but larger crowds.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom