A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

I knew what marvel was! I have a comic collection that is worth somewhere between Jack and Spit that I'm unloading tomorrow for pennies on the dollar. Thank god for Deadpool....
I was selling full short comic boxes at a yard sale for $10 per once. At the end the bottom feeder comic guy came and offered me $3 a box. He was offended when I told him I was keeping the box(for those that don't know comic boxes cost about $4)

Cesar R M

eb15535123d2d329a159324aab76244c4707f8104fa8669d67b80603b5958098.jpg
Thats an awful way to use that meme, it doesn't fit.

Cesar R M

GotG, Black Panther, Inhumans...

What else can Disney touch?

Thanos? Captain Marvel? Ms. Marvel?
Cosmo, Nova...
kind hard because the lines are blurry.
As most Marvel characters fight most of the each other's villains. (like GOTG fighting the skrull, deadpool too fights the skrull.. but they are more tied to the Fantastic Four. )

Lee

Adventurer
Would you still set it in the 1930s-40s or move on from that as well?
I'd go prequel at the start. 1930s. Pre-Temple of Doom. Make a few early stories, then fill in between Crusade and Crystsl Skull.

As a bit of an Indy fanatic, I'm all for it. Pratt works for me. Might as well make the best use of Iger's purchases since they will be his only real legacy...

Mike S

I'd go prequel at the start. 1930s. Pre-Temple of Doom. Make a few early stories, then fill in between Crusade and Crystsl Skull.

As a bit of an Indy fanatic, I'm all for it. Pratt works for me. Might as well make the best use of Iger's purchases since they will be his only real legacy...
What artifact would they have him go after I wonder.

doctornick

GotG, Black Panther, Inhumans...

What else can Disney touch?

Thanos? Captain Marvel? Ms. Marvel?

Black Panther and Captain Marvel are definitely no since they are Avengers members. I think Inhumans could work though. They could do Big Hero 6 as configured in the Disney movie. I've wondered if SHIELD could be used, but it's sketchy with the intermingling they've done in the films and animated series.

The Incredibles could be used if they wanted to do more a general use of superheroes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
this is actually pretty ironic.
Because they seem to be "risk averse" in investing in tangible things. Yet they love to make big risks in Wall street bonanzas or bank financial type risks.

When you fail at a tangible thing it's there as a reminder to everyone.

When a financial scheme fails no one remembers it except for the historians. Does anyone remember Bear Stearns or Lehman Brothers, Or that Lehman brothers was allowed to fail because some powerful pol's got burned when Lehman Bros refused to save BCCI (a bank used by arms dealers and other less savory 'Businessmen') a few years ago,

Can't imagine WHY Lehman of retirement fund fame would want to be associated with a bank with it's head office in Karachi, Pakistan and incorporated in Luxemburg and who's customers included Abu Nidal, Manuel Noriega and the CIA.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
speaking of future stuff..
I just seen the new design for the hero in MOANA.

not amused, looks like a FROZEN clone?
Disney-Talent-Search-Moana.jpg

Why not - the computer models are already built and ready to use, Just change the palette a bit and you have saved MILLIONS on production costs. And because you are using the PROVEN Frozen characters Moana (i.e. tan Elsa) will be just as big a success as was Frozen.

I'm trying to figure out what Olaf can be - perhaps a rock spirit... Sven much harder problem as large quadrupeds are not common in the South Pacific...

the.dreamfinder

I would actually prefer DHS only to bring more life to that park. Although a lot of dominoes need to fall before either scenario is a possibility.

1 - The rumor of Indy reboot needs to gain more traction
2 - Hopefully Pratt signed
3 - Hopefully Pratt is good
4 - Hopefully the film is a success
5 - Hopefully the success doesn't turn into simply an Indy Meet & Greet in the Morocco Pavilion....:facepalm:
My main concern for this project is that they pick the right writer/director. Part of the reason the prequels and Crystal Skull sucked, aside from George only doing one draft per film, is the lack of connection to their inspirations; Sci-Fi serials and pulp novels. I'm hoping Lucasfilm can land Iron Man Three writer director Shane Black, who has a great affinity for pulps as well as being one of the best screenwriters in Hollywood. Unfortunately he is currently developing a film based on the classic pulp character Doctor Savage at Sony, but as we know know with Bob Iger's Disney, anyone can be bought.

Also, here is your recommendation/reminder that you need to watch Shane's 2005 film "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" starring a recently sobered up Robert Downey Jr. and @lebeau 's favorite Val Kimer. It's an excellent film that was able to give RDJ the opportunity to be cast as Tony Stark and shows you solid "Hollywood" movies can be made for relatively little money.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That picture looks photoshopped in my opinion. I thought the animation style in Big Hero 6 is what disney is using. That looks like Anna or Elsa photoshopped

Or since Elsa was such a success, Disney decided they would simply create a 'tan Elsa' by tweaking the palette a little bit on the computer models, It's the kind of thing a beancounter would do.

ParentsOf4

This tidbit from the recently released 2014 annual report should interest everyone:

I wish I could give you a glimpse of the amazing wonders we’re bringing to life for our guests – especially in our new park in Shanghai and expansion in Orlando -- but it’s simply too soon to share. All I can say right now is: prepare to be even more amazed.​

What a tease. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom