A Spirited Perfect Ten

spacemt354

Chili's
And who knows, if an Indiana Jones reboot is successful we might finally get an Indiana Jones Adventure in WDW!!! :D Here's the perfect spot for it too.
View attachment 80512
Lost Expedition anyone? ;)

A new E-ticket in the Magic Kingdom?
75541-full.jpg

Eric1955

I was about 5 pages behind in this thread due to other responsibilities. Didn't take long at all to catch up when skipping all the Marvel talk ;) Now some thoughts.

I don't really share this opinion. The ship of Disney theme parks only being for Disney made properties sailed when Star Tours opened. I would love to see what Disney can do with Marvel in the parks (not just a RnRC retheme!!!) as long as they were appropriate. Marvel land in DHS? Even though there's about a 99.9% possibility of Disney not caring at all about the rights in Florida at this point in time, count me in.

He definitely has the right look imo ;)
View attachment 80511
And who knows, if an Indiana Jones reboot is successful we might finally get an Indiana Jones Adventure in WDW!!! :D Here's the perfect spot for it too.
View attachment 80512

I've wondered if it would be a good idea to put an updated version of the Jungle Cruise in Animal Kingdom freeing up room in Adventureland for Indiana Jones, a new boat ride, and possibly Fire Mountain.

spacemt354

Chili's
Or DHS. It all depends on how much room Star Wars will take up.
I would actually prefer DHS only to bring more life to that park. Although a lot of dominoes need to fall before either scenario is a possibility.

1 - The rumor of Indy reboot needs to gain more traction
2 - Hopefully Pratt signed
3 - Hopefully Pratt is good
4 - Hopefully the film is a success
5 - Hopefully the success doesn't turn into simply an Indy Meet & Greet in the Morocco Pavilion....:facepalm:

Cesar R M

Origin stories have been done to death. See Amazing Spider-man. And they are usually the least interesting part of the super hero mythology. Usually, you can tell everything you need to know about a super hero by his or her name and costume. A few lines of exposition here and there should be plenty.
thats because they have done the origin stories of spiderman way too many times.. again.. again.. again..
they could use more original stuff, like Miles Morale's style.

Cesar R M

I was about 5 pages behind in this thread due to other responsibilities. Didn't take long at all to catch up when skipping all the Marvel talk ;) Now some thoughts.

I don't really share this opinion. The ship of Disney theme parks only being for Disney made properties sailed when Star Tours opened. I would love to see what Disney can do with Marvel in the parks (not just a RnRC retheme!!!) as long as they were appropriate. Marvel land in DHS? Even though there's about a 99.9% possibility of Disney not caring at all about the rights in Florida at this point in time, count me in.

He definitely has the right look imo ;)
View attachment 80511
View attachment 80512
He already dons the style perfectly in Jurassic Park.

KNGZjPZ.jpg

Figments Friend

Catching up on things...i see the article about Bob was talked about earlier.
Felt motivated to comment.

So given the choice, i would rather have someone with some creative vision running the Disney Company.

Someone like........oh.....

Now that*s more like it.

My vote goes to Tony Baxter for CEO ( Creative Excellence Overseer ) !!

:)

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I can think of a number of other words for it, but, that would get me banned for life, so I think that your word pretty much tells the whole story and is one of the worst ways to run a company, in my opinion. There are no checks and balances in that system and it is OK as long as the BoD just want to be figure heads with no real say in the matter. They like every other high level in Disney are only there for the pay and benefits. Also to be able to say that they are on the Board of Directors for the Disney Company. That would impress many that do not realize that their position is nothing more then just puppetry.

No, it wouldnt get you banned. Just yelled at.

PhotoDave219

So, I leave here last night and stick my nose in now at lunch the next day and see almost seven pages of new posts. When I left, the main topic was largely just 'What Is Disney?' now based on the jumping off points provided by those stories in the HuffPo and The Atlantic.

My contention was that Disney has become a mess of large, and mighty successful to be sure, but disparate BRANDS, IPs, franchises.

All at the expense of what the Disney BRAND is ... or was ... or will be?

Congrats, my friends!!! You have all more than proved that with seven pages of almost entirely Marvel debate and discussion. I'm not going to enter into a back and forth on how many 'Disney fans' (from fanbois, Lifestylers and Mommy Bloggers to simply families in the Heartland who own DVC) truly gave a **** about Marvel before 2010. I very strongly suspect it was a much smaller number than what some folks here believe, but again, that misses the point.

Marvel is owned by Disney. Marvel is subordinate to Disney. Yet ... Marvel is that tasty treat that Disney fans now want to consume ravenously. Is that treat good for them? More importantly, what does it do to Disney? Sure, it makes them lots of money, but what does it do to DISNEY?

It's not unreasonable to think that of all the BRANDS that TWDC owns now that one of the least valuable is actually the one that brought us all here to begin with.

Think about it!

I knew what marvel was! I have a comic collection that is worth somewhere between Jack and Spit that I'm unloading tomorrow for pennies on the dollar. Thank god for Deadpool....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom