A Spirited Perfect Ten

ItlngrlBella

Of course she was. That's what she gets paid the big bucks (by Disney PR hack standards) for.
I sometimes have dreams where I'm riding Splash Mountain without my shirt and as my manboobs bounce, Cupcake is there singing 'Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah' as she feeds me cupcakes ... then I wake up.

But glad you enjoyed the film ...

That is certainly NOT the last visual I wanted before going to bed. :depressed: :hilarious:

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sorry to derail your numerous derailings but ...

Finally had a chance to see Dr. Blondie/Cupcake up close and in person today. As long as she wears that same skin-tight dress she had on at 7 am on a Saturday, she's welcome to use her social media PhD to Twitter all over my Facebook any time she wants.

I think that 'tude is a problem with many less savvy than yourself. ... These bloggers/fanbois/Lifestylers ... they think she is their friend, that she genuinely likes them, that she cares what they think or feel. And while Disney no longer casts for 'looks' largely, you better believe she was cast because she has that look (what look some may ask? basically the look most front-line CMs had in the 70s and 80s).

And 7 A.M.?!?! Why so early?!?!

PhotoDave219

I think that 'tude is a problem with many less savvy than yourself. ... These bloggers/fanbois/Lifestylers ... they think she is their friend, that she genuinely likes them, that she cares what they think or feel. And while Disney no longer casts for 'looks' largely, you better believe she was cast because she has that look (what look some may ask? basically the look most front-line CMs had in the 70s and 80s).

And 7 A.M.?!?! Why so early?!?!

Because you have to kick the girl out of your bed at some point!

.... I mean there was an early movie.

hopemax

Yes, I do. Because that's when I spent thousands of dollars there, sometimes on multiple trips a year. I couldn't tell you when I last spent a penny there. It has been many years. ... Oh, and I love how warm it always is in there. Artwork loves 82 degrees and humidity ... sure ... or maybe just George Kalogridis and Keith Bradford and Co do.

This reminds me of something...the service. My family is friendly with a WDW artist. He had someone who wanted to buy one of his originals, and so sent him to the DD Art of Disney, where the interested people were told that "that piece already sold." So the people left, no sale. Only, it wasn't sold, it was still available, artist verified it later. Artist is upset, potential buyers were upset, all because a CM didn't know how to do their job. The wealthy don't have time to deal with that, they move on.

hopemax

I can tell just by looking at WDW CM Blockout days (I always call them blackout days, does that make me a racist too?) If you are a Disney CM, then you can't take your family or friends into MK on a maingate for basically all of June, July and August (until the 22nd ... FYI, the majority of Florida schools return either the week before or two days later). EPCOT is clear all summer except for July 4th.

Studios and DAK are open every day.

Again, it showcases the issues TDO is having because people only really want to visit one park and Disney has just made the situation worse for years and is in no hurry to make it better.

Oh, I've never seen a summer like this where you can't use your Disney Difference perk for MK for the entire season.

Last year, they kept removing them. It started out that the MK was blocked out most days, but like on Monday, they'd lift them for Saturday and Sunday. I got in the habit of checking almost every day. I thought it was weird that it was only the weekends that got lifted.

At least that's better when they throw up the blockout date at the last minute. I was watching, very carefully during Mark Hamill weekends during SWW, and one of the three days wasn't blocked out, which kind of surprised me...until maybe a week before, maybe even less. We had comp tickets so we could still go on our planned day, but because they left it so late, I could see how Disney employees from elsewhere in the country had planned a trip because it wasn't blocked out, or invited family...and then got a nasty surprise when they got to the park. The park was crazy, so it probably needed to be blocked out, but it should have been blocked out from the beginning. Kind of surprised that Frank Oz weekends this year weren't blocked out.

Mike S

PhotoDave219

Last year, they kept removing them. It started out that the MK was blocked out most days, but like on Monday, they'd lift them for Saturday and Sunday. I got in the habit of checking almost every day. I thought it was weird that it was only the weekends that got lifted.

At least that's better when they throw up the blockout date at the last minute. I was watching, very carefully during Mark Hamill weekends during SWW, and one of the three days wasn't blocked out, which kind of surprised me...until maybe a week before, maybe even less. We had comp tickets so we could still go on our planned day, but because they left it so late, I could see how Disney employees from elsewhere in the country had planned a trip because it wasn't blocked out, or invited family...and then got a nasty surprise when they got to the park. The park was crazy, so it probably needed to be blocked out, but it should have been blocked out from the beginning. Kind of surprised that Frank Oz weekends this year weren't blocked out.

Yeah, last year they lifted the Blackout for the friday of Mark Hamill.

That Saturday? It was a very nice, relaxing day without it being insane as hell. My Bothans say they still exceeded revenue numbers too.

Magenta Panther

Whoa...the final tally for Jurassic World is in. It's amazing. And 61% of the audience over 25...

Ladies and gentleman, I give you a glimpse of what the future holds for Star Wars...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/14/media/jurassic-world-opening-box-office/index.html

Yup. The fact that so many in the Jurassic World audience was over 25 suggests that nostalgia played a big part in its success. That's def going to work in Star War's favor too. Big time.

But...for my part, I was planning to see SW, but then I saw that teaser with Harrison Ford. And...frankly...it's silly, but I don't know that I want to see Han Solo as a gray-haired old man. For one thing, you'd think, in a future with faster-than-light space travel and other marvels, that scientists in that time would have found a cure for aging. Heck, we're on the cusp of it now, from what I've been reading. Seeing Ford as Solo kind of took me right out of the spirit of the thing. And it seemed weird, too, that while Han's gone gray, Chewbacca looks just the same. Okay, maybe Wookiees age more slowly, but...I don't know. Seeing that trailer was kind of depressing. I realize that's not the general reaction, so yeah, the first Disney-backed SW film will be huge. But that universe far far away will never be the same...

AEfx

I'm going to make a prediction here: Jurassic Park enhancements will be announced, or heavily rumored, for IoA before Volcano Bay opens.

Weren't there already rumors of that? Or were those quashed when they started on Kong? You'd know best - you do realize you are my sole source of Universal news, right? I doubt I'm the only one who appreciates the service, LOL.

I hope they do - knowing Universal, it will be impressive - especially as it's their big homegrown franchise. The existing ride is good, but not nearly as cool as it should be.

I actually have been watching a lot of videos of the various versions (I've only ridden the two US ones myself so far), and they are just variations on the same effects that could easily be transported between them. They really could very easily make the UO version the "flagship" with a few changes - get the falling car effect, and get it working, use the more "JP at night" lighting and steam effects, add the second T-Rex attack in that the other parks have when you first get to the top - and finally, add that amazing water/steam effect from California for the final reveal of an updated T-Rex.

Top it off with some new Dino's from the new film in the lagoon (they can share molds with some of the dinos in the new ride they will likely build to save costs) and you've got a massively updated ride for a decent value since they wouldn't have to do anything significant structurally. And the way Universal does things, I bet they could get it done in a month or two if they wanted, LOL.

Mike S

I'm going to make a prediction here: Jurassic Park enhancements will be announced, or heavily rumored, for IoA before Volcano Bay opens.
Well, that was incredibly fast. Even for Universal :D
image.jpg

I will not go to the actual site to avoid spoilers.

AEfx

Yup. The fact that so many in the Jurassic World audience was over 25 suggests that nostalgia played a big part in its success. That's def going to work in Star War's favor too. Big time.

But...for my part, I was planning to see SW, but then I saw that teaser with Harrison Ford. And...frankly...it's silly, but I don't know that I want to see Han Solo as a gray-haired old man. For one thing, you'd think, in a future with faster-than-light space travel and other marvels, that scientists in that time would have found a cure for aging. Heck, we're on the cusp of it now, from what I've been reading. Seeing Ford as Solo kind of took me right out of the spirit of the thing. And it seemed weird, too, that while Han's gone gray, Chewbacca looks just the same. Okay, maybe Wookiees age more slowly, but...I don't know. Seeing that trailer was kind of depressing. I realize that's not the general reaction, so yeah, the first Disney-backed SW film will be huge. But that universe far far away will never be the same...

So true. I hope you end up giving it a chance though. Who knows, maybe his adventure will inspire the older you in a different way. :)

Just to allay your fears - Chewie has aged, just that shot didn't really show it (I think they were trying to downplay Harrison's appearance, frankly) - he definitely has some silver fur going on, etc. Just don't go googling for pics because there is a potential spoiler out there you'd likely come across, LOL. (And I have as much affection for him as the other characters at this point - to know all the things Peter Mayhew has gone through, especially the past few years, it's absolutely amazing that he was able to do it. Literally brings a tear to my eye - I'm so happy he's getting to do this all over again, more than any other of them, he deserves it and never got to really experience like they did the first time.)

burgess

I'm sure Star Wars will do well (at least, Episode 7 will. Not so sure about Episode 46). But Jurassic Park has a built up nostalgia value because there hasn't been a Jurassic Park movie, TV show, or anything for 14 years. Star Wars had a movie ten years ago, then a long-running TV show, and then another TV show, in addition to a ton of games and constant, inescapable merchandising. I would imagine that Star Wars' audience would be slightly younger, due to so many kids having grown up watching the prequels and the clone wars TV show(s). If it's not younger, and it's dependent on nostalgia, then that's going to be bad news for people trying to make annual Star Wars movies until the end of time.

Mike S

Weren't there already rumors of that? Or were those quashed when they started on Kong? You'd know best - you do realize you are my sole source of Universal news, right? I doubt I'm the only one who appreciates the service, LOL.

I hope they do - knowing Universal, it will be impressive - especially as it's their big homegrown franchise. The existing ride is good, but not nearly as cool as it should be.

I actually have been watching a lot of videos of the various versions (I've only ridden the two US ones myself so far), and they are just variations on the same effects that could easily be transported between them. They really could very easily make the UO version the "flagship" with a few changes - get the falling car effect, and get it working, use the more "JP at night" lighting and steam effects, add the second T-Rex attack in that the other parks have when you first get to the top - and finally, add that amazing water/steam effect from California for the final reveal of an updated T-Rex.

Top it off with some new Dino's from the new film in the lagoon (they can share molds with some of the dinos in the new ride they will likely build to save costs) and you've got a massively updated ride for a decent value since they wouldn't have to do anything significant structurally. And the way Universal does things, I bet they could get it done in a month or two if they wanted, LOL.
The water/steam effect from California you mentioned was just broken in Orlando for quite some time. Finally saw it again my last trip and it makes such a huge difference. If they added another Rex attack they should put the Indominus from JW where the three scratch screen currently is. Then go all out updating the other AA's in the ride. Maybe even give us a more animated T-Rex like the one in Japan.

Ok, that's enough armchair imagineering for now :)

Oh yeah, and about being your source for Uni news, I just bring up what I've read on Orlando United. It's easy to keep up there since it's much slower than this site.

AEfx

Ok, that's enough armchair imagineering for now :)

Haha, I know - I had to stop myself too. It's just the point that it doesn't seem like an incredibly difficult, costly, or time consuming project - it's just very logical. They clearly were all built similarly - like you said, some places have the 2nd T-Rex, some have the scratch screen - effect is in the same place. They'd have almost a new ride, especially with an updated soundtrack.

I'm willing to bet we see something like that, in addition to a a new E-ticket. (Should we start calling them U-tickets? LOL)

Oh yeah, and about being your source for Uni news, I just bring up what I've read on Orlando United. It's easy to keep up there since it's much slower than this site.

Shhhh...don't reveal your secrets! :)

PhotoDave219

I'm sure Star Wars will do well (at least, Episode 7 will. Not so sure about Episode 46). But Jurassic Park has a built up nostalgia value because there hasn't been a Jurassic Park movie, TV show, or anything for 14 years. Star Wars had a movie ten years ago, then a long-running TV show, and then another TV show, in addition to a ton of games and constant, inescapable merchandising. I would imagine that Star Wars' audience would be slightly younger, due to so many kids having grown up watching the prequels and the clone wars TV show(s). If it's not younger, and it's dependent on nostalgia, then that's going to be bad news for people trying to make annual Star Wars movies until the end of time.

The last time Han Solo was on the big screen was 1983.

This is gonna make bank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom