A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Cesar R M

Tokyo Disneyland just announced today yet another "renewal" of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights adding a Frozen float, the return of an enhanced Beauty and the Beast float and some additions/enhancements to the Cinderella unit.

This is for July 2017
*edit*
damn lag, double post.. sorry!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's true...all this talk about Star Wars and have they actually begun any construction at WDW? In the park that should be called Disney's 5 Ride Park....that needs the most help of any Disney park worldwide...and they go full tilt construction at The Disneyland Park to bring Star Wars in first... even though DHS has been languishing for YEARS...slowly degrading... And the big D23 announcement that they were going to work on DHS amounts to nil...oh they will work on it...in a few years...Meanwhile here are a few more crappy meet and greet opportunities...

Done a lot of demolition so they can't be taxed on unused facilities (and the bonus value they can NEVER be reopened) but not a shovel of dirt has moved for construction.

Cesar R M

Phones would work for all guest use applications at WDW. The problem is that Disney wanted the device wearable in order to increase operational efficiency. This way there is no waiting for guests to get out cards or phones at main entrances, Fastpass entry points, or registers since they are already out and in your wrist. Additionally phones would not have allowed for the automatic linking of photo pass images, interactive elements around the resort, and data collection since not all users would have this capability and many utilize enhanced security/privacy features that would prevent it. Lastly, even in 2016 not everyone has a cell phone and certainly not a phone capable of what Disney wanted. And while most families probably do have a phone capable, they do not have one for every member of their party.
pretty sure that since there are so many phones and brands.. they do not want to have the nightmare to troubleshoot every single device for every error.
People can be really stupid. From having turned off wireless/bluetooth, to full malware installed..
It could also be horrible to handle such load on the CMs.
I mean, they(disney) couldn't get their darn MB and MyMagic systems running properly for almost a year or so..
Can you imagine if they switched to phones?

Cesar R M

There's no "beef ragout, cheese soufflé, pie and pudding en flambé" either. Is there soup du jour or hot hors d'oeuvres?

Theres a Jungle Book movie from WB coming too. If they didn't stop Disney, Universal won't either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Book_(2018_film)
god lord, this reminds me of the old studio wars.
Anyone remembers Dante's Peak vs Volcano?
or Armageddon vs Deep Impact?

Cesar R M

tumblr_oc15affhWA1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg
is this 4chan?
Im no surprised that they are mocking chapek.

VJ

Yes - lots of stunt work and really cool effects, as the article said.

Fantasmic has been virtually untouched for almost 25 years, and the original plan was to update it regularly. From what I know the team working on it is a great one and they adore the show. I'm very optimistic for the new show.
Disneyland's Fantasmic! is hands-down my favorite show in any Disney park and I'm being cautiously optimistic about this new iteration. Even better if Bruce Healey returns to score the show which seems very likely given he's still very heavily involved with Disneyland music production. Overall the more I hear about the show, the more excited I get. I just hope the hype lives up to the actual show.

Wikkler

Yes yes they are and they are the reason Disney is speeding downhill at an ever accelerating pace because as the pixie dusters lap it up and spew on social media how 'Disney has never been better cuz Stah Warz and Marvel' it gives management cover to keep degrading the experience.
Because people have been Pavlov conditioned since they were small to only buy products with their favorite characters on it.

mickeyfan5534

I decided to share this video titled "Ned Landon Retirement" from the early 80's where we see some behind the scenes look at Horizons and some Disney imagineers goofing around. It's charming to look at.

Guess it goes to show ya. There's always been horrid execs draining the Imagineers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom