A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

RSoxNo1

Speaking of Little Mermaid and live action, it's look like Disney is trying to butcher and remake it using pre existing songs and remixing them with Lin Manuel Miranda...yes because part of your world totally needs a hip hop beat and a rap verse breakdown in it .

http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-lit...-hamilton-disney-live-action-film-1201803536/
This is pretty typical and not a knock on Lin Manuel Miranda. The reason why Hamilton is so popular is because it's a unique concept. We're so bereft of original creative ideas that any time something original comes around we soak it up. Lin Manuel Miranda is incredibly talented but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good fit here.

It's similar to Disney's thinking in Cars Land/New Fantasyland by adding Red's Apple Freeze/Lafou's Brew. The simpletons in charge didn't understand why Butterbeer was so popular, they just thought a frozen drink was all that's needed. These same simpletons had to be asked by fans if Be Our Guest would server "The Grey Stuff" because they didn't think that's something people might want to try. So what do they do? They make it available free of charge as a birthday cake equivalent.

Executives that approve these decisions don't understand the creative process and they think to linearly. They try to simplify success and take the wrong lessons from success. I'll try to speak in language executives may understand. If you only buy stocks that have increased for three consecutive quarters, you're likely to be buying at a peak and not a valley.

CaptainAmerica

Speaking of Little Mermaid and live action, it's look like Disney is trying to butcher and remake it using pre existing songs and remixing them with Lin Manuel Miranda...yes because part of your world totally needs a hip hop beat and a rap verse breakdown in it .

http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-lit...-hamilton-disney-live-action-film-1201803536/
What makes you think there would be a "hip hop beat" or "rap verse?" Just because Hamilton features those elements doesn't mean Miranda is a one-trick pony.

Quinnmac000

What makes you think there would be a "hip hop beat" or "rap verse?" Just because Hamilton features those elements doesn't mean Miranda is a one-trick pony.

Bring it on the musical with music by Miranda dance pop with a lot of rapping. In the heights with music by miranda latin music with rap verses. Hamilton....that is is his go to as he likes rap. He kinda is a one trick pony.

MagicHappens1971

Mike S

This is pretty typical and not a knock on Lin Manuel Miranda. The reason why Hamilton is so popular is because it's a unique concept. We're so bereft of original creative ideas that any time something original comes around we soak it up. Lin Manuel Miranda is incredibly talented but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good fit here.

It's similar to Disney's thinking in Cars Land/New Fantasyland by adding Red's Apple Freeze/Lafou's Brew. The simpletons in charge didn't understand why Butterbeer was so popular, they just thought a frozen drink was all that's needed. These same simpletons had to be asked by fans if Be Our Guest would server "The Grey Stuff" because they didn't think that's something people might want to try. So what do they do? They make it available free of charge as a birthday cake equivalent.

Executives that approve these decisions don't understand the creative process and they think to linearly. They try to simplify success and take the wrong lessons from success. I'll try to speak in language executives may understand. If you only buy stocks that have increased for three consecutive quarters, you're likely to be buying at a peak and not a valley.
There's no "beef ragout, cheese soufflé, pie and pudding en flambé" either. Is there soup du jour or hot hors d'oeuvres?
I don't think this will happen, Universal was/is planning a Little Mermaid live action film.
Theres a Jungle Book movie from WB coming too. If they didn't stop Disney, Universal won't either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Book_(2018_film)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Phones would work for all guest use applications at WDW. The problem is that Disney wanted the device wearable in order to increase operational efficiency. This way there is no waiting for guests to get out cards or phones at main entrances, Fastpass entry points, or registers since they are already out and in your wrist. Additionally phones would not have allowed for the automatic linking of photo pass images, interactive elements around the resort, and data collection since not all users would have this capability and many utilize enhanced security/privacy features that would prevent it. Lastly, even in 2016 not everyone has a cell phone and certainly not a phone capable of what Disney wanted. And while most families probably do have a phone capable, they do not have one for every member of their party.

just think of the family sitting in the hallway with their phones plugged in waiting for them to charge enough to turn on so they can open their hotel room door :)

Nubs70

just think of the family sitting in the hallway with their phones plugged in waiting for them to charge enough to turn on so they can open their hotel room door :)
It would help FeulRod sales. Think of the incremental margin improvement.

Better yet, WDW could just go retro and install coin slots on room doors:)

RSoxNo1

There's no "beef ragout, cheese soufflé, pie and pudding en flambé" either. Is there soup du jour or hot hors d'oeuvres?
Be Our Guest is obviously doing exceptionally well and far exceeded their expectations, but they missed the boat on The Grey Stuff. It's also laughable to think that the land was going to be three Enchanted Tales with Belle type "attractions" and Mermaid. Mine Train is far from perfect but that was a very good decision from Tom Staggs.

CaptainAmerica

My grandparents certainly wouldn't have been able to enjoy their visit earlier this year since they have not, and will not, hopped on the smart phone train. Folks can gripe about the Magic Bands all they want but I know I would be spending less time at Walt Disney World if it required me to continually use my cell phone for the experience from paying, getting in the park, and opening my hotel room. I can't imagine it, probably because I'm not "one" with my phone like most folks.
There is ZERO chance that a smart phone becomes a mandatory part of the Disney experience. I certainly expect it to be an option in the future, but of course they'll offer other form factors.

FigmentJedi

tumblr_oc15affhWA1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg

RSoxNo1

Ive seen them both on POTC within the past few years. There's nothing new here.
In Florida it was only Blackbeard for a stretch, then it reverted back to Blackbeard and Davey Jones after the recent refurb. Either way it was never Barbosa as was in your original post.

PhotoDave219

In Florida it was only Blackbeard for a stretch, then it reverted back to Blackbeard and Davey Jones after the recent refurb. Either way it was never Barbosa as was in your original post.

I thought I remember Barbosa from 2006 or 2007....

Either way, back to my point: The replacement of a projector, akin to changing a lightbulb, is not news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom