A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

jme

Since this thread has now moved to Avatar..
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that the Avatar boat ride system is similar to the Shanghai POC boat ride system?

I asked earlier in this thread and @WDW1974 answered:
do you have any insight into the rumors that the Avatar Boat Ride will share the same/similar ride tech to that of SDL's version of Jack Sparrow of the Caribbean?
I believe there are some tech similarities for the Pandoran cruise, but I would have to ask as I just don't recall.

No Name

Aren't they just referring to people getting off the train at the station and visiting DisneyTown? No way trial ops has gotten to a million attendance.

Yes. In fact, the highest number of visitors in one day was 110,000, they say. On May 1st. That was before the true trial operations began (they invited a few people in here or there before may 7th), and I believe it was the Day of Vandalism. Yes, over 100K people came to see a shopping center that had nothing open but a few popsicle stands. :D.

Does that possibly explain the guest behavior?

BrerJon

Yes. In fact, the highest number of visitors in one day was 110,000, they say. On May 1st. That was before the true trial operations began (they invited a few people in here or there before may 7th), and I believe it was the Day of Vandalism. Yes, over 100K people came to see a shopping center that had nothing open but a few popsicle stands. :D.

That Disney is crowing about this backs up what we've been saying in these threads for a long time, that the ridiculous 25M attendance figures Disney has told shareholders it expects for Shanghai will include DisneyTown visits, where there's no need to pay admission, and not just ticketed park entrances.

It will be very interesting to see how many of these visitors pony up for tickets when the park itself opens.

FigmentFreak

Beast just got a new look which can currently be found at DCL. His new look will later show up at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
image-jpeg.142885

He looks like a buffalo.

rael ramone

I'm so happy to hear that. I have gone since the beginning, and own DVC, they started cutting after we bought in. So much was promised and so little was delivered. Do I love Disney, yes.....but I don't stay in the parks like I used to. We are going to eat at City Walk this year. My first time over to the dark side:joyfull:.

It's been years since I've been there, but Emeril's is most excellent. And I was always able to eat lunch there with no reservation.

BAM!

betty rose

Tchop Chop at Royal Pacific is also a great, quiet lunch option; catch the boat from CityWalk and cruise on over to Royal Pacific. You get off the boat steps away from the restaurant.
Thank you, another great thing to do. I'm loving Universal. And I have never been in the park. Perhaps next year our grandson will be tall enough to ride the offerings.

brb1006

Rivers of Light and Star Wars are what I'm looking forward to the most. The Tree of Life Awakenings and Night Safaris will be cool too but that's pretty much it as far as my excitement for "Summer Awakens." Never really cared for the Castle shows. Best thing about those is a little less people in line so I guess a new one will help with that ;)
AK is going to have a good year starting next Saturday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom