A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe I missed it, but have we talked about the new IMG park in Dubai?

It seems we're now going to see at least 3 completely separate strains of Marvel IP attraction development.

I don't get the second one. You can find that ride at carnivals...just without the strobes and such. Am I missing something from the video?

Bairstow

I don't get the second one. You can find that ride at carnivals...just without the strobes and such. Am I missing something from the video?

Nope, it's an indoor Huss Giant Spin with lights, fountains, and effects, much like the old Tomb Raider ride at King's Island several years ago.

I haven't seen good video of the Avengers ride yet, but it seems to be a tamer incarnation of Spiderman/Transformers.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Another site is reporting that resort guests have been informed of late night firework testing at MK. Any idea what for?

I saw this and noticed they also speculated it is for a new fireworks show. I thought it was for the new stage show for MVMCP and maybe some Holiday Wishes testing. Who knows.

AEfx

Any idea what he was basing that on?

Probably the same thing I am.

The Wii had some fantastic titles - folks only seem to remember the shovel ware, but Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were better than anything that came out on the Wii U.

Nintendo seemingly gave up on the Wii U from year two on. No Metroid. No Zelda (they are only doing a co-release with the Swith version because they pretty much have to as they advertised it as a Wii U game for so long). No Animal Crossing (on the one system it would have been perfect for - instead they throw a shovel ware Amiibo game out and dozens of Amiibos for it - which are $4-5 on Amazon right now btw).

And the franchises they did do, were lackluster. They took the entire basis of Mario Party (a virtual board game) away. Mario Kart was good, you can't screw that up (which is why they are going to ask folks to buy it again). Smash Bros got too complex for its own good and online was a shadow of what it could have been. Star Fox was a dud. They tried to make A-list titles out of glorified DS games like Toad and DK puzzle games. Even the convoluted nature of Super Mario Maker's online features made it feel lackluster. Mario 3D and NSMBW were ok but very little innovation. Paper Mario Color Splash is a 3DS game forced onto the Wii U.

It sounds like the person being quoted (who is also a 30 year Nintendo fan like me) - has the same mentality that I do. People my age game on comfortable furtinture viewed on large screens with surround sound systems - so the portable aspect is not a draw. The only point to getting this new system is to play the newest first party games (apparently, this doesn't even match XBOX One stats, so I don't care about third party watered down for a semi-portable). And since the direction they have taken with those first party games hasn't been great, I don't care about the gimmick - and my Wii U investment can't be carried over - I totally see where he is coming from.

Mike S

This Nintendo talk is fascinating.... FOR ITS OWN THREAD!

@wdwmagic i know you guys don't like moving posts.... But I really wish you'd consider clean ups besides deletes to encourage conversations to 'get a room!'

This isn't the gaming forum. This 'every thread is a megathread' is making the site unbearable.
Yeah, I got carried away when it was first brought up. Sorry...

@wdwmagic, feel free to move it all here where we've had ongoing discussions about the Switch since it was just a rumor.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/nintendo-partnering-with-universal-to-make-attractions.899092/

Oh, and this is the only megathread.

Mike S

Strange to say the least...
CvVHk1zXgAAKx5v.jpg

https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/789616009942564864?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom