A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

BrianLo

I made it! Narrowly avoided getting stranded in Guangzhou for an extra 24 hours.

Boy has Disney put in a lot of crowd control efforts. You know that giant patch of earth sitting outside of the park behind roaring Rapids? It's a giant holding area with sod and various waiting zones. Park media was scanned first. Cast hold guests in groups of roughly 40 in the lines to prevent everyone from constantly pushing forward.

Starbucks is pretty awesome in Disneytown. Never encountered one so open and obviously aimed for serious crowds

Figments Friend

You mean the "To all who come to this happy place" thing? All the international Disneyland plaques use it.

The Shanghai version seems to try to mimick the 'original' more blantantly...and with cheesy wording to boot.
It's the lame attempt with the particular wording used for the Shanghai version that makes it come off as a poor knockoff, in my opinion.

-

brb1006

The Shanghai version seems to try to mimick the 'original' more blantantly...and with cheesy wording to boot.
It's the lame attempt with the particular wording used for the Shanghai version that makes it come off as a poor knockoff, in my opinion.

-
No wonder I heard Walt's voice while reading it but with a few changes.

Mike S

I hope it is more a prequel following Donkey or Shrek than either a sequel or a full on reboot of the original. But by far the biggest thing in that article is that there could be a 4th Austin Powers!
KIrYOTx.gif
Austin Powers 4 and Spaceballs 2 would make me a very happy man but after Dumb & Dumber Too I'm cautious...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm thinking back to the opening TV special about EPCOT Center with Danny Kaye. They discussed the filming of the China movie and how it was so mysterious to visit China and many places were never captured with western cameras before. From that, 34 years later and Disney has opened a park there....incredible the changes.

BrerJon

Call me a purist or a nutter if you wish, but that famous set of words on the Orignal Disneyland's plaque mean something and should remain only at 'Walt's Original' and not be 'bastardized' elsewhere....exspecially with such a poor attempt to try to emulate the source.
-

Yeah the wording comes across like a bad Chinese knock-off of Disneyland's, which is I suppose quite appropriate really.

BrianLo

No guests going in yet (not til noon). Im in the first holding pen but I'm not sure if they had guests standing at the gate. None of the executive stuff is visible.

Pro tip, 2 hours and change seems to have been the correct not too early, not too late time to arrive... You know, if they ever open another resort in our lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom