A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I need to go search for my SDL thread ... apparently, it doesn't belong on News and Rumors

You are missing a critical part of the title for this section of the forum "WDW News, Rumors and Current Events"

That Shanghai threads belongs in the Shanghai section of the forum, with the other threads that are all talking about Shanghai.

You can find it here: Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai

Nmoody1

I need to go search for my SDL thread ... apparently, it doesn't belong on News and Rumors, while talk about radical Islam and our collective national love of weapons of mass destruction do ... but I will say that mainstream media continues to place that $800 million figure out there like it actually was spent on additional capacity and more attractions and you can see simply from looking at the mid-2013 planning menu that it is totally not true. That money went ... who knows? But it didn't go where they say it went.

3 hour wait for attractions in PREVIEWS! What would the wait have been without those extra $800m of 'attractions'.

Soarin' Over Pgh

3 hour wait for attractions in PREVIEWS! What would the wait have been without those extra $800m of 'attractions'.

That's just craziness. I'm interested in wait time once the park officially opens.

Slightly unrelated- but what kind of security measures does Shanghai have- are they American security (like in front of our parks; security guards, metal detectors, baggage check, etc) or does Shanghai have a different type of security system?

Nmoody1

the.dreamfinder

I need to go search for my SDL thread ... apparently, it doesn't belong on News and Rumors, while talk about radical Islam and our collective national love of weapons of mass destruction do ... but I will say that mainstream media continues to place that $800 million figure out there like it actually was spent on additional capacity and more attractions and you can see simply from looking at the mid-2013 planning menu that it is totally not true. That money went ... who knows? But it didn't go where they say it went.
And the media failed to investigate the role of graft in the construction of Shanghai Disney Resort as two prominent Chinese officials connected to the project in supervisory roles, Dai Haibo and Ai Baojun, were arrested by authorities for corruption.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

I've been emotionally numb all day. I feel like running into the abyss or laying in my bed crying my eyes out, yet I can't even muster any emotion. It was so surreal having to work today and pretend like nothing happened 25 minutes from my apartment. It's been a terrible day
I'm so sorry! I'm not even in the state, and I just can't believe we are going through this again...

Cesar R M

It does beg the question though, where did he learn to be anti-gay, and unfortunately that path can lead to religion. Although, Islam does not hold monopoly on that point. See the now-deleted tweet from Texas' Lt Governor quoting scripture to in essence say the victims brought this upon themselves.
If the news are correct, The second would-be attacker was supposedly a christian fundie who hated blacks, latinos and gays. (the white one that looked like frodo that was about to attack a pride parade with tons of weapons)

Texas or not, what he said was so out of line that I expect him to be out of a job by the end of the week. That any adult would say something so hateful at such a time, regardless of their personal feelings, out loud and in public is shocking - but for the 2nd in charge for the entire state? If tweeting a picture of your junk covered by your underwear loses you your political career, certainly this qualifies.

this mindset reminds me of one guy who started a conversation to defend the "god is not death" movie. (movie used to claim christians are being persecuted in the USA). And how he approved terrorism against gays and planedparenthood. His defense "its in the bible and I wouldn't do it, but they deserve it"

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Adventure Isle and Treasure Cove look really solid aesthetically IMO. I'm not really impressed with the pics I've seen of Tomorrowland as far as aesthetics go (Tron included) but that's how I feel about the DL and MK versions of the land. Perhaps it will look better in person.

Have you figured out when you'll make it over there? I remember you said you were likely waiting a bit but I wasn't sure how long. Either way, I dig the reporting so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom