A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

AEfx

See the now-deleted tweet from Texas' Lt Governor quoting scripture to in essence say the victims brought this upon themselves.

Texas or not, what he said was so out of line that I expect him to be out of a job by the end of the week. That any adult would say something so hateful at such a time, regardless of their personal feelings, out loud and in public is shocking - but for the 2nd in charge for the entire state? If tweeting a picture of your junk covered by your underwear loses you your political career, certainly this qualifies.

hopemax

Texas or not, what he said was so out of line that I expect him to be out of a job by the end of the week. That any adult would say something so hateful at such a time, regardless of their personal feelings, out loud and in public is shocking - but for the 2nd in charge for the entire state? If tweeting a picture of your junk covered by your underwear loses you your political career, certainly this qualifies.

Well, they're going with the "it was an unfortunate, pre-scheduled tweet" but the sentiment itself is one that unfortunately makes the rounds in certain places when these things happen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Well he does quote scripture every Sunday so it isn't known whether this specific one was directed towards the shooting. It may have been prepared in advance. Not trying to make excuses. Just saying what he normally does on Twitter. We will see what he says.

rael ramone

First Christna Grimmie was shot dead in Orlando Friday night and now this absolutely disgusting.

The first is notable as well, though not obviously to the extent of the mass murder last night.

The person who killed Ms. Grimmie was armed and likely prepared to do more damage then that. Her brother heroically took him down and saved other lives. There could have been two mass casuality events, one night after the other.

And to keep in mind. Not everyone who visits the Orlando area stays in the WDW/UNI bubble. Some experience what else the area has to offer, including it's concerts and nightlife. So *guests* of the theme parks could be among those who lost their lives (and who could have the night before). People who landed at MCO just like many of us. Rent a car like many of us. Explore and visit areas outside the parks that should be safe like many of us. A guest could have been having lunch at Biergarten or Teppen Edo on Friday with people who could have lost their lives Friday night, or did lose their life Saturday night.

Quinnmac000

It does beg the question though, where did he learn to be anti-gay, and unfortunately that path can lead to religion. Although, Islam does not hold monopoly on that point. See the now-deleted tweet from Texas' Lt Governor quoting scripture to in essence say the victims brought this upon themselves.

Oh I know. I was texting an ex friend this morning about it and they essentially said they didn't care because they don't like gay people. I was like so its okay 103 people so far were killed/injured and his response is well they are gay and I don't like gay people so and he went through a rigrous private religious school and goes to a religious university so its not like one religion capitalizes on hatred of LGBT.

Quinnmac000

Big assumption there. Strong case could be made he was indoctrinated his whole life to hate people just like him. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy was closeted and in denial. In fact, I would expect it.

That would fall in line with the Pashtun people of Afghanistan. Their culture though isn't appropriate reading for this forum though at all. Fox news link in spoiler

Quinnmac000

For those who do live in or near Orlando and would like to give blood. They especially need O-, O+ and AB blood donors and will not turn anyone down from donating. ( full blood screening there though but still will take your blood)

upload_2016-6-12_12-56-35-png.2282

Nubs70

For those who do live in or near Orlando and would like to give blood. They especially need O-, O+ and AB blood donors and will not turn anyone down from donating. ( full blood screening there though but still will take your blood)

upload_2016-6-12_12-56-35-png.2282
They will need 10's of thousands of donations

FigmentForver96

Oh I know. I was texting an ex friend this morning about it and they essentially said they didn't care because they don't like gay people. I was like so its okay 103 people so far were killed/injured and his response is well they are gay and I don't like gay people so and he went through a rigrous private religious school and goes to a religious university so its not like one religion capitalizes on hatred of LGBT.

My God I just don't get it! Like I was raised Christian and led to believe it was not ok but we always were told to love and be kind. Even now as a gay man I still love and respect everyone. (Granted my parents don't know and they probably won't let me be around them when they do know) but why do people need to be so ugly. God is breaks me

RSoxNo1

I started writing up a long post on this but I don't think I can effectively articulate my thoughts here. I'm not gay, I don't have many gay friends and none of that matters. None of these poor individuals were harming anyone. I don't care what your religion offers up as an opinion on homosexuality. That's your religion, keep it to yourself and mind your own damn business. Your religious beliefs are on the wrong side of history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom