A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Disneyhead'71

Thank you for clarifying that. It seems to me that Universal likes to change up the queues while keeping their rides uniform.
Please, just ignore the gound breaking state of the art RVs.

Kong is an unapologetically "Universal" attraction. It's big, loud, and too intense for the little ones.

And Universal is debuting a new E Ticket Hulk this Summer, which as far as I know, doesn't require.3D glasses. But you can see the track, so it will obviously suck too.

2 seperate E Tickets in one summer.

brb1006

JDL30

Kong is an unapologetically "Universal" attraction. It's big, loud, and too intense for the little ones.

And Universal is debuting a new E Ticket Hulk this Summer, which as far as I know, doesn't require.3D glasses. But you can see the track, so it will obviously suck too.

2 separate E Tickets in one summer.

This isn't mean't to be an attack (without tone I can see how reading what I'm about to say could be misconstrued) - actually a genuine question - I thought the Hulk attraction was a refit/remodelling of an existing attraction rather than 'a new E Ticket'? I only say this as we know when Disney hypes up a ride that is simply an overlay/or re-imagining, and calls it an E Ticket, they get ripped to shreds.

Just trying to keep things balanced.

Quinnmac000

This isn't mean't to be an attack (without tone I can see how reading what I'm about to say could be misconstrued) - actually a genuine question - I thought the Hulk attraction was a refit/remodelling of an existing attraction rather than 'a new E Ticket'? I only say this as we know when Disney hypes up a ride that is simply an overlay/or re-imagining, and calls it an E Ticket, they get ripped to shreds.

Just trying to keep things balanced.

New cars, new queue,even a new track mind you same layout but still...so I count it

Mike S

Thanks - interesting, sort of the same thing they've done/are doing with Space Mountain in Paris (new queue, cars etc) - however I'd still say it was the same ride, not a new one - guess it is a matter of opinion
It's not really "new" but it's still the complete building of an E Ticket. I guess the same could be said of Disneyland's Space Mountain when it got rebuilt.

Nickels5

So is the general consensus kong was overhyped and just another typical universal ride? I was told there was going to be a lot of animatronics and all I saw was 1 with a bunch of screens. Let's just say if that was a Disney ride they would be getting crushed on this board.

Mike S

So is the general consensus kong was overhyped and just another typical universal ride? I was told there was going to be a lot of animatronics and all I saw was 1 with a bunch of screens. Let's just say if that was a Disney ride they would be getting crushed on this board.
There's 4 in the ride (11 total including all the drivers and the queue). Same number as Shanghai's Pirates, built by Disney btw, and that ride has been getting nothing but praise. Try again.

Nickels5

There's 4 in the ride (11 total including all the drivers and the queue). Same number as Shanghai's Pirates, built by Disney btw, and that ride has been getting nothing but praise. Try again.
You are going to try and compare that to pirates? Lol pirates is light years ahead of that ride. Sorry that all the hype you were doing for that ride left you with nothing but disappointment. That ride does not move the needle.

gmajew

Premium Member
You are going to try and compare that to pirates? Lol pirates is light years ahead of that ride. Sorry that all the hype you were doing for that ride left you with nothing but disappointment. That ride does not move the needle.

Man lets not start the Universal bashing again... The ride is good no doubts about it. It fills a need in that park. Is it their best work no it is not but not every ride is going to become the best ride in the park. Could the ride be better of course... back in the day could some of disney rides be better? Of course.

Just be happy quality is being added to the parks all parks as it is really good for business.... Concern we have now is will money keep flowing with the new fears thanks to a crazy man.

JDL30

Some people do seem to let their Universal/Disney bias cloud their judgement. From what I've seen from the Kong video - it looks like an ok ride, nothing spectacular, but suspect it'll be better in person. However there does seem to be a few people on this board who will jump on Disney after viewing a ride via video and then say not to do the same thing with a new Universal ride.

I suspect if Kong was a ride opening at Disney there would be a LOT more of a mixed reaction. Just my opinion from observing the boards - and I'm certainly not saying that Disney doesn't deserve criticism - just that both fans could be a little more objective...

Nickels5

Some people do seem to let their Universal/Disney bias cloud their judgement. From what I've seen from the Kong video - it looks like an ok ride, nothing spectacular, but suspect it'll be better in person. However there does seem to be a few people on this board who will jump on Disney after viewing a ride via video and then say not to do the same thing with a new Universal ride.

I suspect if Kong was a ride opening at Disney there would be a LOT more of a mixed reaction. Just my opinion from observing the boards - and I'm certainly not saying that Disney doesn't deserve criticism - just that both fans could be a little more objective...
Honestly it reminds me a lot of what the critics say about nfl, the queue and the outside are worthy of an e-ticket but it's a c-ticket attraction.

Mike S

You were talking about animatronics. I agree that Pirates looks better (Avatar could be better too) but this ride is still ahead of anything Disney has done in Orlando since Everest. Too bad about that Yeti though...

The ride actually meets my expectations pretty well based on what I've been reading on Orlando United and the fact that from the beginning we knew there would be screens and the 360 scene. We also knew there would be animatronics, which there are. The "hype" was sharing news and being excited (which I still am).
Honestly it reminds me a lot of what the critics say about nfl, the queue and the outside are worthy of an e-ticket but it's a c-ticket attraction.
You're really reaching if you're comparing this to Mermaid, lol. The only way it could be compared to Mine Train on the other hand would be if we rolled into the temple, saw the skeleton, saw Kong, then off to unload.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

2 seperate E Tickets in one summer.
If you're talking about motion simulator tech in the RV's, then I think it should be pointed out that IJA started the trend at DL and Universal has used similar tech in previous attractions. Also, billing the Hulk as a whole new ride is overselling it. its a refurbishment similar to what DL's Space Mountain got and what WDW's almost and should've got. When all is said and done, the Kong attraction may not my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom