A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Nickels5

You were talking about animatronics. I agree that Pirates looks better but this ride is still ahead of anything Disney has done in Orlando since Everest. Too bad about that Yeti though...

You're really reaching if you're comparing this to Mermaid, lol. The only way it could be compared to Mine Train on the other hand would be if we rolled into the temple, saw the skeleton, saw Kong, then off to unload.
Listen universal fanboy, the ride was greatly overhyped by many mostly yourself. I understand pride is getting the way and you can't admit the ride was nowhere near what you hoped and now you are sitting there convincing yourself it's still a good ride. Do you honestly believe that ride moves the needle at all? It's a 4 min ride going from screen to screen with horrible transitions with one animatronic at the end which left me wanting a lot more.

Nickels5

Listen universal fanboy, the ride was greatly overhyped by many mostly yourself. I understand pride is getting the way and you can't admit the ride was nowhere near what you hoped and now you are sitting there convincing yourself it's still a good ride. Do you honestly believe that ride moves the needle at all? It's a 4 min ride going from screen to screen with horrible transitions with one animatronic at the end which left me wanting a lot more.
I apologize for calling you a fanboy

truecoat

The bats are animatronic, the drivers are animatronic and there is the animatronic shaman or whatever in the queue. And the Kong looks pretty impressive, largest animatronic I know of. I know you want to crush @Mike S for "hyping" it up but in the end this ride looks pretty good even with the screens.

Everyone might as well face it, screens are the future of theme park rides. Look at Shanghai, Tron has screens, Pirates has screens and projections are used effectively in the Peter Pan ride. Avatar will have screens and Star Wars will have screens, screens for everyone.

Donaldfan1934

Thank you. The Universal wand waving here need to be pegged down a couple of notches.

Nickels5

The bats are animatronic, the drivers are animatronic and there is the animatronic shaman or whatever in the queue. And the Kong looks pretty impressive, largest animatronic I know of. I know you want to crush @Mike S for "hyping" it up but in the end this ride looks pretty good even with the screens.

Everyone might as well face it, screens are the future of theme park rides. Look at Shanghai, Tron has screens, Pirates has screens and projections are used effectively in the Peter Pan ride. Avatar will have screens and Star Wars will have screens, screens for everyone.
I'm not arguing that screens can't be used as a way to enhance a ride. Are you really going to use 4 little bats that do absolutely nothing as a way to call out animatronics on this ride? What a joke those are crap. Enough with this mindset that universal can do know wrong, if this was a Disney ride it would be getting ripped to shreds. Give this ride a couple of months and start seeing the reaction to it.

truecoat

I'm not arguing that screens can't be used as a way to enhance a ride. Are you really going to use 4 little bats that do absolutely nothing as a way to call out animatronics on this ride? What a joke those are crap. Enough with this mindset that universal can do know wrong, if this was a Disney ride it would be getting ripped to shreds. Give this ride a couple of months and start seeing the reaction to it.

I'm not about the Uni vs Dis debate. I like both places for what they are. I included the bats like you ignored the drivers and shaman so what's the difference. You don't like the ride? Don't ride it. You don't like Universal, don't go there. Problem solved.

Nickels5

I'm not about the Uni vs Dis debate. I like both places for what they are. I included the bats like you ignored the drivers and shaman so what's the difference. You don't like the ride? Don't ride it. You don't like Universal, don't go there. Problem solved.
I don't, my point or argument is we are on a Disney board right? So why all the universal talk, if you want to talk about universal go to that board right?

Nickels5

These threads have always included discussion on Universal. If it bothers you that much, don't read it. But you aren't in any position to tell people where to post what.
And I'm not I simply was using trucoats logic, I have no problem discussing universal but people freak out whenever you criticize anything they do. Put crapping all over Disney gets you praise and high fives all over this board.

Cesar R M

You are going to try and compare that to pirates? Lol pirates is light years ahead of that ride. Sorry that all the hype you were doing for that ride left you with nothing but disappointment. That ride does not move the needle.
And you know this.. because...?
I still do not understand your weird hate towards anything universal since you started posting.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's 4 in the ride (11 total including all the drivers and the queue). Same number as Shanghai's Pirates, built by Disney btw, and that ride has been getting nothing but praise. Try again.

Ok, now you've dug into just defending religion.. that was a bad stretch.. really bad stretch.

Nickels5

And you know this.. because...?
I still do not understand your weird hate towards anything universal since you started posting.
I don't hate universal not at all, it's the fact that universal gets praise for rides and tech that Disney would get slammed for that bothers me. The standards are not the same for two parks, universal gets praise for a ride that Disney would get slammed for.

Cesar R M

I don't hate universal not at all, it's the fact that universal gets praise for rides and tech that Disney would get slammed for that bothers me. The standards are not the same for two parks, universal gets praise for a ride that Disney would get slammed for.
It happens both ways believe it or not.
Disney did screens.. "oh the most amazing thing ever!"
Universal does screens "oh.. more screens.."

Disney builds animatronics " oh wow, those are absolutely amazing!"
Universal builds the biggest and most awesome AA ever since the Disney's Yeti "aaah yes.. a single AA and screens.. great!".

Nickels5

It happens both ways believe it or not.
Disney did screens.. "oh the most amazing thing ever!"
Universal does screens "oh.. more screens.."

Disney builds animatronics " oh wow, those are absolutely amazing!"
Universal builds the biggest and most awesome AA ever since the Disney's Yeti "aaah yes.. a single AA and screens.. great!".
do you think kong is on the same level as pirates?

FigmentForver96

do you think kong is on the same level as pirates?
I assume you are referring to the Pirates in Shanghai in which case I would say they are very close. The new ride in Shanghai is a really great example of what Disney can do with technology like screens and make a convincing environment. Kong is a whole other beast and yes the Kong AA is by far one of the most impressive AA's ever built anywhere....and they probably will not even need a strobe light.

Nickels5

I assume you are referring to the Pirates in Shanghai in which case I would say they are very close. The new ride in Shanghai is a really great example of what Disney can do with technology like screens and make a convincing environment. Kong is a whole other beast and yes the Kong AA is by far one of the most impressive AA's ever built anywhere....and they probably will not even need a strobe light.
Yes I was talking about Shanghai sorry I wasn't more clear, but I have to disagree I believe they are nowhere near the same level. If the kong ride was a Disney attraction it would be labeled as a c-ticket attraction.

FigmentForver96

Yes I was talking about Shanghai sorry I wasn't more clear, but I have to disagree I believe they are nowhere near the same level. If the kong ride was a Disney attraction it would be labeled as a c-ticket attraction.
No....no it would not. Im sorry you say we judge Disney harshly but if you look at their accomplishments over the last decade...why shouldn't we? The last truly great huge attraction was Expedition Everest. The ride is going on TEN YEARS OLD! When the ride opened it was given great praise and seen as a great attraction for the park minus the plain backside of the mountain. Do you know why we criticize it now? The AA inside is broke, and rather then fix it, they put a strobe light on it.

Please tell me what they have built since then that could be labeled a E-Ticket experience? Nothing in New Fantasyland is an E-Ticket. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is cute but it is not an E-Ticket sorry. Toy Story Midway Mania is not an E. Globally Disney has built some amazing rides and they have been given much fanfare and praise. Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch and Carsland to name a few.

Kong is another great attraction that is distinctly Universal. It fits their brand and their theme parks just as much as Pirates of the Caribbean fits ours. Yes it uses screens and while some have screen fatigue, they actually used it well here. They used it to create a convincing story with a GIANT AA that actually works and looks impressive. It also did not take them FOREVER to built it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom