A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Texas or not, what he said was so out of line that I expect him to be out of a job by the end of the week. That any adult would say something so hateful at such a time, regardless of their personal feelings, out loud and in public is shocking - but for the 2nd in charge for the entire state? If tweeting a picture of your junk covered by your underwear loses you your political career, certainly this qualifies.

Yes, Yes it does

the.dreamfinder

Good, sounds like immediate need is covered. Now they need to restock inventory.
For Orlando locals, One Blood needs snacks, water, juice and fruit to help process all of the blood donors that are coming in.

Please considering dropping off said goods at
379 Michigan St
Orlando FL, 32806
https://twitter.com/pulseorlando/status/742030588916436992

Also, if you intend to donate blood, please call ahead and schedule an appointment. OneBlood is at capacity and others likely will reach that threshold as well.

Orlando Area Blood Donation Banks
OneBlood
888-936-6283
https://www.oneblood.org/donate-now/
Central Florida Red Cross
http://www.redcross.org/give-blood

Quinnmac000

If there had been a single person in Pulse with a firearm and appropriate training the scale of this tragedy would have been far smaller. In the country we think of a firearm as a tool an extremely dangerous one but a tool nonetheless.

The guy who shot up the club legally obtained a gun as he was a security guard and was trained. Also Florida doesn't have strict gun laws so that argument kinda doesn't work here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disenfranchising persons create more problems and witch hunts. Did we not learn anything from the past with McCarthey and the red scare where people were randomly accusing their neighbors of being communists, the 60s were innocent black men were put to death by lies and rumours of committing crimes they didn't commit leading to the formation of radical hate groups like the black panthers etc. These crimes are not being committing by first gen immigrants but second gen due to being disaffected and not feeling as if they belong. When people don't feel like they belong, they can easily be manipulated into becoming part of a group. That has been happening in the African american community for years with gangs, the second generation Hispanic youth with gangs as well, and now subsequent generations of Arab/Persian Americans with joining Islamic fundamentalist groups. Even the caucasian community is seeing an increase of white nationalist groups. You want to mitigate these problems you need to integrate them into the community and give them a sense of belonging and worth so they actually care about the people around them. Thats the problem now.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The guy who shot up the club legally obtained a gun as he was a security guard and was trained. Also Florida doesn't have strict gun laws so that argument kinda doesn't work here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disenfranchising persons create more problems and witch hunts. Did we not learn anything from the past with McCarthey and the red scare where people were randomly accusing their neighbors of being communists, the 60s were innocent black men were put to death by lies and rumours of committing crimes they didn't commit leading to the formation of radical hate groups like the black panthers etc. These crimes are not being committing by first gen immigrants but second gen due to being disaffected and not feeling as if they belong. When people don't feel like they belong, they can easily be manipulated into becoming part of a group. That has been happening in the African american community for years with gangs, the second generation Hispanic youth with gangs as well, and now subsequent generations of Arab/Persian Americans with joining Islamic fundamentalist groups. Even the caucasian community is seeing an increase o You want to mitigate these problems you need to integrate them into the community and give them a sense of belonging and worth so they actually care about the people around them.

If this is the case WHY was this guy the subject of a FBI Terror investigation not only ONCE BUT TWICE, Once again where there is smoke there is generally fire.

Quinnmac000

If this is the case WHY was this guy the subject of a FBI Terror investigation not only ONCE BUT TWICE, Once again where there is smoke there is generally fire.

Well obviously that investigation meant nothing if it allowed him accessed to weapons legally and a job as a security guard. Usually you get a background check for jobs like that.

In the past two weeks, Mateen legally purchased a Glock pistol found at the shooting scene from a St. Lucie County area gun store, a law enforcement official said.
A law enforcement source told CNN that Mateen worked as a private security guard. He rented a car and drove to Orlando to carry out the attack, the source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/

Soarin' Over Pgh

For those who do live in or near Orlando and would like to give blood. They especially need O-, O+ and AB blood donors and will not turn anyone down from donating. ( full blood screening there though but still will take your blood)

upload_2016-6-12_12-56-35-png.2282

How far away from Orlando is good to do donations?

I'm no expert - but to be honest, pretty much anywhere is going to be good because the tap on the blood supply will have some impact at least regionally, if not beyond.

Any time there is a mass tragedy...which seems to be more and more frequent... It puts a strain on ALL blood banks, as they rush their supplies to the affected areas and need to replenish their own stocks.

I encourage everyone to donate blood to your local blood bank.

You can go to http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation. For information on preparing before donating, and afterwards.

We can all help. Let's do it!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Wow, $800M sure buys some amazing placemaking these days.

I need to go search for my SDL thread ... apparently, it doesn't belong on News and Rumors, while talk about radical Islam and our collective national love of weapons of mass destruction do ... but I will say that mainstream media continues to place that $800 million figure out there like it actually was spent on additional capacity and more attractions and you can see simply from looking at the mid-2013 planning menu that it is totally not true. That money went ... who knows? But it didn't go where they say it went.

BrerJon

I need to go search for my SDL thread ... apparently, it doesn't belong on News and Rumors, while talk about radical Islam and our collective national love of weapons of mass destruction do ... but I will say that mainstream media continues to place that $800 million figure out there like it actually was spent on additional capacity and more attractions and you can see simply from looking at the mid-2013 planning menu that it is totally not true. That money went ... who knows? But it didn't go where they say it went.

I can't fathom why nobody is calling Bob out on that. It's such a big chunk of change, you'd think shareholders would be pretty concerned, but the only questions he ever gets seems to be about showing smoking in movies and ESPN.

You'd think the analysts, journalists and activist shareholders would be all over that one.

lazyboy97o

I can't fathom why nobody is calling Bob out on that. It's such a big chunk of change, you'd think shareholders would be pretty concerned, but the only questions he ever gets seems to be about showing smoking in movies and ESPN.

You'd think the analysts, journalists and activist shareholders would be all over that one.
Because there is no published basis for the questioning. Disney didn't release the attraction roster. Anything that fell behind could be touted as an "addition." It's the same sort of word games that get played all the time by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

BrerJon

Because there is no published basis for the questioning. Disney didn't release the attraction roster. Anything that fell behind could be touted as an "addition." It's the same sort of word games that get played all the time by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

True. Thing is there's barely $800M of attractions there as there is, so take that away from the opening day line-up and you'd have hardly anything left, it's not a very convincing argument that we're getting a ton of attractions we never would originally.

BrerJon

I've been emotionally numb all day. I feel like running into the abyss or laying in my bed crying my eyes out, yet I can't even muster any emotion. It was so surreal having to work today and pretend like nothing happened 25 minutes from my apartment. It's been a terrible day

I don't know how the Cast Members working the parks today managed to get through it, must have been quite an ordeal to put on a friendly face for guests.

PhotoDave219

gmajew

Premium Member
I forsee Attendance taking a hit. With this and the Christina Grimmie murder happening within 28 hours of each other, Orlando doesnt give the impression of being that safe anymore.

Maybe locals but overall attendance won't go down from this... Our country has become stronger lately standing strong and not letting these thing detour us. Heck if Chicago tourism can grow with all we have here then this won't hurt Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom