A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well I guess since we aren't going to have any reservations about moving forward with the reasons etc, FWIW the shooter has been identified as a second generation Afgan American citizen whose parents immigrated. News is reporting there are ties to radical Islam.

Yeah. That's what I am seeing being reported. And radical Islam is going to target gay people as that is one of the many groups they hate. So sad.

FrankLapidus

Just such a needless and senseless tragedy. It's impossible not to despair of the world we live in when things like this happen, when fifty innocent people can go to a club to enjoy their Saturday night and never go home. It's desperately sad.

My thoughts are with all those involved and their friends and families.

Nubs70

Yeah. That's what I am seeing being reported. And radical Islam is going to target gay people as that is one of the many groups they hate. So sad.
More correct term than radical islamist is Salafist. Salafists or "Original" are followers of the Islamic faith that prescribe to the belief that all need to live as the Koran originally describes. Salafism crosses all the different sects of Islam.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
More correct term than radical islamist is Salafist. Salafists or "Original" are followers of the Islamic faith that prescribe to the belief that all need to live as the Koran originally describes. Salafism crosses all the different sects of Islam.

Whatever you want to call it, it's the same story that continues to repeat itself. This one being one of the worst.

Disney Analyst

Is Disney opening as normal? This is the worst mass shooting in US History. Has the company said anything? Still trying to find out if all my friends working at Universal and Disney are safe

Stevek

Well I guess since we aren't going to have any reservations about moving forward with the reasons etc, FWIW the shooter has been identified as a second generation Afgan American citizen whose parents immigrated. News is reporting there are ties to radical Islam.
The suspects father has stated he believes the shooting has nothing to do with religion and his son was anti gay. Sadly, none of that really matters at the end of the day. 50 lives gone, 50 plus injured, many critical so the death toll will very likely rise.

Quinnmac000

The media loves hyping Islamophobia without realizing they are inherently creating more terrorists. They cite Islam follower does this this and this, America reacts with isolation and discrimination against followers of Islam, they get lonely and the people who do accept them are terrorist groups leading them to go to them for a sense of belonging creating even more attacks like this. Only with Islam does this happen, not with Christians setting on fire black churches in North Carolina or the guy who mass shoot up the abortion clinics last year. But I'm getting on a soap box now so let me just move on. This guy simply was anti-gay. Like the suspect's father said religion had nothing to do with it.

With the two major acts of violence that reach national news, I wonder how this will affect tourism to Orlando.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The media loves hyping Islamophobia without realizing they are inherently creating more terrorists. They cite Islam follower does this this and this, America reacts with isolation and discrimination against followers of Islam, they get lonely and the people who do accept them are terrorist groups leading them to go to them for a sense of belonging creating even more attacks like this. Only with Islam does this happen, not with Christians setting on fire black churches in North Carolina or the guy who mass shoot up the abortion clinics last year. But I'm getting on a soap box now so let me just move on. This guy simply was anti-gay. Like the suspect's father said religion had nothing to do with it.

With the two major acts of violence that reach national news, I wonder how this will affect tourism to Orlando.

I think I'll let the police do their investigation rather than listen to this guys father.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It is pretty obvious this psychopath hated LGBT people. Why else would he target a gay club? Plenty of other clubs in Orlando to inflict horror. So yeah, I don't give a damn what the police or media say. This was a pre-meditated attack against our community.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm also not going to ignore he was on the FBIs radar in 2013 and 2014.

As I stated earlier, radical Islam hates gay people.

Nubs70

So simple, ISIS Internet addresses start pinging 60 minutes into the incident.

So simple, the perp was under several FBI investigations since '12.

AEfx

The suspects father has stated he believes the shooting has nothing to do with religion and his son was anti gay. Sadly, none of that really matters at the end of the day. 50 lives gone, 50 plus injured, many critical so the death toll will very likely rise.

If I had indoctrinated my child into a religious group who's stated purpose in their holy text is to murder anyone who is not of the same religious group, you can sure bet I'd be trying to shuffle off the blame as well.

hopemax

This guy simply was anti-gay. Like the suspect's father said religion had nothing to do with it.

It does beg the question though, where did he learn to be anti-gay, and unfortunately that path can lead to religion. Although, Islam does not hold monopoly on that point. See the now-deleted tweet from Texas' Lt Governor quoting scripture to in essence say the victims brought this upon themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom