A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Cody5242

Two Things:
#1 I saw Finding Dory today. Great movie that is almost as good as the original. Any parent that has a child with a disability is going to cry their eyes out. Highly recommend seeing it!

#2 I went over to Universal after the movie to ride King Kong. It was okay. There's not much of a story and the transitions between scenes are pretty bad. If Fast and Furious is going to be a similar ride I can't see it being pretty good. The Kong AA though is the best AA out there right now.

lazyboy97o

The canopy looks great for the approaches to the building and all the areas where guests move around the overhead track etc. The queue also has full wall video screens and high tech videos fitting for the attraction. I've not seen any end to end videos of it.. but it can't be empty from what we've seen. Plus you apparently cross over the load/launch areas as well for visuals of the ride (like Space at DL).
The canopy looking great doesn't hide the massive box sitting behind. There is only one full wall video screen shortly after entering the building. The only other video elements are overhead screens right before entering the load station. They are cool with their layered approach, but only seen briefly. Watching the launch gets monotonous with the pulsing sound effect and little time is currently spent above the load area due to poor operations. Even then, the load room is cavernous but uninteresting. There is good reason nobody has posted a full queue video, because it is empty. I've enduring standing in its emptiness.

Seems overplayed from the different videos I've seen. Its a bigger issue for the front of the train, but even still its a good bit away from where the train launches from.
It may be a good bit away but it is a cavernous and very visible opening. The light leaks all the way to the holding area with the queue above.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's so awful what's going on at Pulse.

There will almost certainly be Cast Members wounded and killed tonight, so the Disney community will be in shock, my thoughts and prayers with everyone who was there and their families.

Unreal and horrifying, watching from a distance. My thoughts are with everyone injured, killed, and their families. How absolutely awful this all is. :grumpy:

Mike S

hopemax

I saw this news breaking when I couldn't sleep. So terrible. I wanted to post something, but wasn't quite sure where to post it to be appropriate, because at that time not a lot of details had come out yet about the number of people involved. Because of the location and clientele, it would not be a stretch to assume that former or current CM's and also participants of this or other Disney forums, would be familiar with the club. So I hope everyone with friends or family that may have been there last night, are able to check in safely, and prayers to the friends and family of those who will not.

BlueSkyDriveBy

I've been super busy with the life stuff lately, so I haven't been on the boards. But hearing the news about Pulse this morning... I feel totally numb. :( I came here for community support, knowing that the possibility of Disney family members being at the club last night is, unfortunately, very good. :arghh:

Being that this is Pride Month, I'm concerned for my own neighborhood (Castro/SF). We've seen an uptick in street violence for the past year, especially late at night. Like Orlando, our city is a major tourist destination in general, with the Castro taking center stage during Pride. Seeing how easily this terrorist was able to wield so much death and destruction... none of our clubs are safe. AT. ALL! :eek:

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? That this club was a far easier target than WDW property, and precisely why it was chosen? And all of this paranoia about large corporate locations like WDW being terrorist targets is nonsense? That it's places like Pulse which are truly in danger of receiving terrorist violence? Because going after WDW is akin to taking on Fort Knox?

This is your wake up call, Disney. Your properties aren't the targets. But your employees are. :(

Mike S

I wonder if we'll hear a statement of condolences from Bob Iger later? This is going to be quite traumatic for Cast Members and a supportive statement from the boss could go along way to help.

Disney can often seem quite a ruthless employer, but in times like this they have the ability to really show they care and make a positive contribution to helping the community get over the tragedy.
When people said CMs might be involved first thing I thought of were flags at half mast today. Truly sad.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Immigration isn't even involved with this. Stop making it like it is. It is a LGBT terror attack to strike fear in the community during Pride month.
Well I guess since we aren't going to have any reservations about moving forward with the reasons etc, FWIW the shooter has been identified as a second generation Afgan American citizen whose parents immigrated. News is reporting there are ties to radical Islam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom