A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Mike S

I was there May 18 - 23. I ate the $11.99 nachos. I had to send it back because there were only 5 tomatoes on them and I refused to pay that price for 5 small bits of one of the four ingredients.

The new effects worked on Rockin Roller Coaster and Small World. Haunted Mansion did not work. In fact, we had to fully evacuate the ride, with the house lights on all the way from the entry into the graveyard through the entrance.

Splash Mountain looked great. Crowds noticeably increased each day of trip.

My biggest issue was the stand-by line for shows. The first was for Fantasmic. They waited until the show started, which started 5 minutes early, to allow the stand-by guests into theater. They had cut off the stand-by line 10 minutes earlier. Once in the show, that had already begun, there was no direction of where to go or where to sit and stand. It was dangerous and the cast members could have cared less. People were cursing and tripping over each other.

A similar experience occurred at Indiana Jones. Since there is only like 3 things to do at that park anymore, I thought I would go check out that show since I hadn't seen it the past few years. Once again the stand-by line was let in when they were asking for volunteers at the beginning of the show. This time we were filtered all the way across the theater and down the side to the front rows. Only problem was that once we got all the way down there, the seats were filled. Cast members made no effort to seat the people that were now stuck down there and the other areas we could have been seated in the back were now full. Major disorganization on both accounts.
Sorry to hear about that, have a magical day.

peter11435

Never said I was an insider, I do read quite a bit more than the average person including industry specific journals and quoting them is useless as they are generally behind paywalls/or are available to industry association members only and quoting them would violate the terms of use.

As time wears on I find I care less and less about the dumpster fire known as TWDC. Though I'll watch with mixed feelings as the empire crumbles to dust.
We all know you are not an insider. But you made a statement, several times in fact that contradicts the facts that have been previously stated publically by Disney and garner holt but you fail to provide any proof of your statements. It's a good excuse to say that the information is behind paywalls and you can't post it. But that's all it is, an excuse. I'll just add this to the ever growing list of "facts" you've made up and have no basis in reality except in your imagination.

truecoat

It appears that some sorta of event was going on today at Shanghai Disneyland.
13408746_872748872870870_1236579358_n.jpg

13398661_1116241918448582_582542743_n.jpg

Re-education program.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Once again the stand-by line was let in when they were asking for volunteers at the beginning of the show. This time we were filtered all the way across the theater and down the side to the front rows. Only problem was that once we got all the way down there, the seats were filled.

Sounds like you were the late comers.. not the general standby line.

seabreezept813

That's why I'm aiming for the college kids. Though that comes with its own baggage too :cyclops:

It still makes me sick when I smell it, even after 13 years :depressed:

The funny part is they think it smells good so they shower in it. Most of my students were boys this year and I was that teacher who opened up all the windows in the middle of January. The beauty of private school is you don't have to sugarcoat anything and I can constantly tell kids hey stop being gross and take a shower once in awhile.

UpAllNight

Should we now only expect new ride announcements at D23 events?

Whilst organised events can focus and increase attention is that really necessary for a ride announcement in the age of social media? If people wanna talk, they'll talk...

Edit: you never know when the next Universal announcement is coming, Disney? May as well switch off until July 2017. Not sure it's the best strategy.

Last edited:

yeti

New luxury hotel coming to Disneyland in 2021:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hotel-718500-disneyland-city.html

ANAHEIM – Taking advantage of the city’s new policy giving developers tax incentives to build luxury hotels, Disneyland officials submitted plans Tuesday to add a fourth Disney-themed hotel at the resort.

Disney proposes a 700-room, four-diamond hotel and a parking structure on 10 acres at 1401 Disneyland Drive, at the north end of the Downtown Disney parking lot. Construction on the hotel would start in 2018 with a slated opening in 2021.

Walt Disney Imagineering will design the hotel, which currently does not have a theme, Disneyland officials said. Guests will sit on a rooftop deck to watch Disneyland’s nightly fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle, there will be signature restaurants, two pools, a fitness facility, concierge service and a kid’s play area.

The proposed hotel would be the first built at the Disneyland Resort in nearly 20 years. The Disneyland Hotel and the Disney Grand Californian Hotel & Spa are the only two properties in the city that fit AAA’s strict guidelines for the luxury four-diamond rating. The Paradise Pier is considered a three-diamond property.

Last year, the City Council narrowly adopted a policy allowing developers building hotels to the four-diamond standards to apply to keep, for 20 years, 70 percent of the Transient Occupancy Tax collected from visitors staying at local hotels. Guests pay 15 percent of the room rate.

After the 20 years, the city would keep all of the bed tax revenue, which goes to pay off bonds that funded improvements to the resort district in 1996 and pay for general city expenses and community programs.

City leaders have argued Anaheim needs more luxury hotels to attract higher-end visitors. City staff have said their research indicates the city has room for at least 2,500 of these rooms.

To receive the four-diamond rating, Disney must spend at least $225,000 per guest room, including $30,000 in furniture, fixtures and equipment in each room.

“This new flagship hotel would create thousands of jobs and benefit Anaheim with more than $750 million in additional tax revenue over the next four decades, while helping the city reach its stated goal of attracting more high-end visitors,” said Suzi Brown, Disneyland spokeswoman.

Disney joins the Wincome Group in proposing developments under the city’s incentive policy.

Wincome affiliates have submitted plans to build two luxury properties: a $208 million, eight-story, 580-room hotel where the Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites stands at 1700 S. Harbor Blvd., and a $225 million, 634-room hotel on the site of The Anabella Hotel, adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center.

Disneyland officials did not say how much the 1401 Disneyland Drive project will cost, only that they are investing more than $2 billion in their resort over the next decade – that includes the construction of a 14-acre “Star Wars” land in Disneyland and a 5,000-spot parking structure and transit center nearby.

The addition of the hotel is not part of the $1 billion investment deal Disney struck with the city last year to ban a gate tax for at least 30 years.

Disneyland is already entitled to build hotel rooms in the the Downtown Disney parking area. The council will need to vote on the tax incentive at a future meeting.

wogwog

I just went to a web site for a local Orlando TV station to look up something I heard on local news. Unrelated, I also saw a list of upcoming happenings at the local parks. The first item listed for each park are ........

SeaWorld opening Mako coaster Friday.

Uni removed the construction wall from Skull Island yesterday.

Disney announced:

On June 13, Alex and Ani will debut new "Words Are Powerful" color infusion bangles inspired by Disney sayings and attributes of some of your favorite Disney princesses.

New products by Dooney & Bourke will be released this summer at select merchandise locations at Disney Parks.

Really. :arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom