A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Nemo14

Many of us have less than favorable memories of our middle school teachers the kindest being the majority were dolts reading one chapter ahead in the 'teachers guide'

DW is a teacher and the abovementioned crowd has increased in number it appears these days much to her digust

As a retired middle school teacher, I can assure you that yes there are a few "dolts", but I have found the majority of the teachers I know work very hard and deal with more aggravation from students, parents, administration, and state and federal mandates than most people realize .

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As a retired middle school teacher, I can assure you that yes there are a few "dolts", but I have found the majority of the teachers I know work very hard and deal with more aggravation from students, parents, administration, and state and federal mandates than most people realize .

The stupidity flowing from state and federal government is what annoys her most especially the so called nutritional guidelines which are the latest in diet faddery and have no basis in reality or what kids will actually eat.

Sir_Cliff

Agree, Hence why nowadays We get movies named as "tangled" and "frozen". Because names like "the Princess and the Frog" pretty much labels it exclusively as a chick movie.
The thing I find interesting about that is that the same dynamic doesn't seem to play out in continental Europe. Here in Germany, for example, Tangled was called Rapunzel and Frozen was Die Eiskönigin (The Ice Queen). I think the same was true in France and other countries. Perhaps it has to do with kids being brought up with these fairytales here as part of the national heritage. Either way, it's curious as Disney almost seems to re-feminize the titles when releasing the films in Europe.

Mike S

Awesome. Yet Disney is no longer in the AA game. They outsourced everything to Garner-Holt. Justice would be for UNI to buy Garner-Holt ...
All of Kong's AAs are outsourced as well. Kong himself from Creature Technology and all the others in the ride from Advanced Animations, the same guys that made the Gringotts Goblins. Right @Disneyhead'71?

I'm actually starting to wonder, has Uni ever built their own AAs in house?

Btw, true justice would be if Comcast bought Creature. That would be a big blow.

Quinnmac000

All of Kong's AAs are outsourced as well. Kong himself from Creature Technology and all the others in the ride from Advanced Animations, the same guys that made the Gringotts Goblins. Right @Disneyhead'71?

I'm actually starting to wonder, has Uni ever built their own AAs in house?

Btw, true justice would be if Comcast bought Creature. That would be a big blow.

Right vendor wrong attraction...Jurassic Park, ET, T-2, MIB. Also did AA's for Disney for Tokyo Disneyland.

http://www.advancedanimations.com/index2.htm

brb1006

It appears that some sorta of event was going on today at Shanghai Disneyland.
13408746_872748872870870_1236579358_n.jpg

13398661_1116241918448582_582542743_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom