A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Brewmaster

Okay, show of hands, who's actually excited for that?

image.jpeg

Sped2424

Ignoring people is childish. To ignore someone because they are spamming the forum is one thing (and usually unnecessary, because spammers get banned). To ignore someone because they have a different opinion... childish.

And ignoring people should be a private matter. To make a comment about someone being on your list... takes that childishness to the next level!

Sure, sped, I do not always agree with you. But I can handle reading your opinions. You have absolutely no reason to be ignored.

But this post might be the last one Dave ever reads of mine... unless I'm already on his list. :eek:
Lol thanks egg! I always believed you came before the chicken! Joking aside watch out he might put you on his "Idiot" list! And I couldn't agree more about his comment just absurd and middle school in its intention.

flynnibus

Premium Member
:banghead: Aaaaaah I'm going home before I lose all of my brain cells.

Okay fine, I'll repeat it. The growing presence would be her new inclusion in a stage show and a restaurant. Her presence is clearly growing while other characters' are fading or remaining stagnant. If you can't see that, we can't discuss this.

I don't want to talk in generalisms... Someone claimed 'facts' so I said show your cards. If you can't show your hand, you aren't ready to be at the table. So onto your examples...

The wonder resturant... First, this was only known this week, so it can't be evidence of a previous trend. Second, why not another princess ? They aren't have restaurants themed to the castle princesses and Disney tries to keep some diversity between the boats verse carbon copies even tho they share popular elements... They intentionally keep some individual flaire. The wonder's list of changes, including some notable omissions continues that.

Did you not consider the food the theme enables? New Orleans would be very easy for Disney to bring in a notable palette... Certainly more than norway (and they've already nuked the menu at akershus)..

So now you get to see tiana as a portion of one stage show... A show that clearly set around Focusing on the more modern animated films. So you get a New Orleans themed resturant and one third of a stage show.... Over a seven year period. You call that a growing trend to take notice of? One which one of them you just learned of? With these changes she still doesn't even meet the everyday presence of jasmin, the princess sped can't fathom being more promoted than tiana.

What you're not explaining is WHY her presence is growing if it has nothing to do with her popularity. You can't explain WHY they chose to theme the Wonder restaurant after PotF rather than Frozen or Tangled or Snow White or Cinderella.

Well one... New Orleans is going to be far more of an inviting menu than norway (Disney already nuked most of akershus) And the menus are tied to the restaurants. Two, as previously noted, Disney already has a royal palace location.

And if you really want to hang your hat on one third of a castle stage show and New Orleans themed resturant you JUST learned of as signs of big change... You have a long way to go. She can't even top Merida who got a decorated m&g, her OWN unit in the new parade. Yet no one think Merida is some new breakout and shift in trends.

Why is Disney using her more now? There are many possible reasons, but the intelligent answer is to accept one doesnt know for sure rather than assuming with little concrete decisive info behind your answer. It could be other things like trying to change up the princesses to promote internal agendas, or toys, or diversity initiatives to try to attract demographics... Or in your two examples simply trying to appeal to kids who grew up with this decade of films, and New Orleans food. All viable justifications.

Having a character greatly under represented getting baby step improvements is a long way short of putting them as some breakout.

TL;DR - one third of a future show and a single resturant is your idea of growing trend and represents some clear and obvious growing trend? Is that really all you got? My expectations are higher to pin a trend...

Cesar R M

That's patently untrue.

Tomorrowland, for one example.

As to Pixar sequels - personally, I've had enough myself. That said, in more cases than not, the quality of them, the critical and public acclaim, profits, etc., far exceed the "sequels of sequels" that were greenlit by the previous management team - lest we forget about "Cinderella III - A Twist In Time" - during a dark, awful period when the most classic Disney properties were used as direct to video crap trying to scoop up the bottom barrels of the market along with cheap slasher flicks...
well, Planes is a fine example of "direct to video" quality that was still sent to cinemas in the name of merchandise sales.

while PotF felt like a "mommy and daughter day out" type of thing
Agree, Hence why nowadays We get movies named as "tangled" and "frozen". Because names like "the Princess and the Frog" pretty much labels it exclusively as a chick movie.

Ignoring people is childish. To ignore someone because they are spamming the forum is one thing (and usually unnecessary, because spammers get banned). To ignore someone because they have a different opinion... childish.

And ignoring people should be a private matter. To make a comment about someone being on your list... takes that childishness to the next level!

Sure, sped, I do not always agree with you. But I can handle reading your opinions. You have absolutely no reason to be ignored.

But this post might be the last one Dave ever reads of mine... unless I'm already on his list. :eek:
There are people who just want to be confrontational regardless of what you do. Like Well known trolls. Those who lure random posters with their gorglet singing voice of random nosense.
Then theres others who just want to pick at people.
For example..
I had one guy blasting me for using image macros, then claiming "totally going to put you on ignore because cant tolerate your macros".
I was like "hu, go ahead". Until he started to complain more and more about my posts. I mean.. aren't you supposed to be ignoring me to hide my content?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

and the movie was largely forgettable,
I actually wonder if this has to do with the weird racism that permeates movies still. Like those who complained about Finn being "main character of star wars".

it was also up against movies like "Avatar" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Why These Films Make So Much Money, Nobody Knows".
Must be because you were never raised when the Chipmunks were popular?.

Over and done. Always the first weekend in June, if I recall
The most sweaty days hu? :hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom