A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Rodan75

I'm not usually one to bump up dormant threads... but Gary Snyder is back. This latest conspiracy will hit home for most of us.

https://medium.com/@snydergary310/the-dis-influencer-2ec902b53c77

I think the last time he surfaced we realized he had axes to grind of his own. And if he was the Spirit then he was trying to weaponize the fan community in the same way that he accuses Iger of doing for his own personal gain as well.

Animaniac93-98

I think the last time he surfaced we realized he had axes to grind of his own. And if he was the Spirit then he was trying to weaponize the fan community in the same way that he accuses Iger of doing for his own personal gain as well.

If that's true, I don't think this is a case of "booth sides are equally bad". One allegedly successfully orchestrated a corporate takeover by playing key board members (like Roy Disney) and the media, the other is an angry writer looking for attention.

And I know I have no way of verifying anything in the article one way or another. Such is the nature of this kind of writing.

doctornick

I'm not usually one to bump up dormant threads... but Gary Snyder is back. This latest conspiracy will hit home for most of us.

https://medium.com/@snydergary310/the-dis-influencer-2ec902b53c77

I'm certainly wondering the connection between WDW1974 and Gary Snyder. Could that possibly be Spirit's identity? If not, I'm certain he's at least in contact with Mr. Snyder especially how he often loved to quote and refer to the previously article about Shanghai.

This has always beenmy take. Everything like this needs to be understood that it is being filtered via the person providing the information. Mr. Snyder certainly has a agenda and a bias as well.

kpilcher

I'm certainly wondering the connection between WDW1974 and Gary Snyder. Could that possibly be Spirit's identity? If not, I'm certain he's at least in contact with Mr. Snyder especially how he often loved to quote and refer to the previously article about Shanghai. Mr. Snyder certainly has a agenda and a bias as well.
They may well know each other, or even know each other well, but Spirit is not Snyder.

While I certainly agree Snyder has obvious bias, that doesn’t mean what he says isn’t true. (Disclaimer: I haven’t read his new article yet)

doctornick

They may well know each other, or even know each other well, but Spirit is not Snyder.

While I certainly agree Snyder has obvious bias, that doesn’t mean what he says isn’t true. (Disclaimer: I haven’t read his new article yet)

Of course. I actually tend to believe most of what is in the article as it lines up logically with Iger potentially having his minions setting up Chapek to be a fall guy if/when Galaxy's Edge doesn't live up to expectations.

But I'm also reminded that a good bit of the time in reading WDW1974 on here, it was clear that he has his own axe to grind and biases and so I always tended to took what he wrote with a massive grain of salt. I'm not going to assume that the person calling out someone as a fake isn't a fake themselves.

Rodan75

If that's true, I don't think this is a case of "booth sides are equally bad". One allegedly successfully orchestrated a corporate takeover by playing key board members (like Roy Disney) and the media, the other is an angry writer looking for attention.

And I know I have no way of verifying anything in the article one way or another. Such is the nature of this kind of writing.

I’m not really equalizing them. Just pointing out that Spirit/Snyder has a specific axe and apparent financial benefit by weaponizing Fan response to echo the Lutz impact. I do think the mucha shenanigans are worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom