A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

twebber55

Maybe not totally unique. There’s an area in Japan set for future Nintendo expansion where we would have the Donkey Kong coaster. Depending on how events play out I wouldn’t be surprised if that area in Japan was used for Pokémon instead. But I don’t really know. Maybe USJ would be willing to have two full size Nintendo lands in one park which wouldn’t be surprising either considering it’s Japan.

Out of everything I could see Zelda being an Orlando exclusive as I think most of the fan base is actually western and USH simply doesn’t have the space.
mike im sure im way behind on Nintendo
do we know what IP is going into the Nintendo part Super mario obviously but what else

bcoachable

do we know what IP is going into the Nintendo part Super mario obviously but what else
And, if I may piggy back on your question, what other IP themed areas they might throw in there? I’ve heard Zelda, but I think Zelda is super “nichey”, and would not draw em in (except for die hard fans).
Are there data firms out there that do research on what Ip we, the park guest, would come to a theme park for, i wonder? That would be an interesting job!

twebber55

And, if I may piggy back on your question, what other IP themed areas they might throw in there? I’ve heard Zelda, but I think Zelda is super “nichey”, and would not draw em in (except for die hard fans).
Are there data firms out there that do research on what Ip we, the park guest, would come to a theme park for, i wonder? That would be an interesting job!
i agree with you
Zelda seems niche but would it make an interesting area? does it adapt to a theme park land? ive always been a big believer not so much in IP but can it be executed properly in theme park for example see Cars land vs Toy Story Land Toy Story is the bigger IP but cars land is far better and far more successful

to me it would be
Nintendo-mario, DK
Classic monsters
Dreamworks for sure- HTTYD and kung Fu Panda
maybe another HP but im not sure i would
maybe minions

Mike S

The IP we have confirmed through early leaks are Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokémon. The original pitch was one big land containing all of these. Kirby was just a small flat ride area and Pokémon was a single building (yes, really). These plans changed to make the land focus in on just the Mario related characters (first 3). Also Kirby seems to have disappeared with almost no talk of it now. This was a wide leak and I have the pictures saved but not sure if I can post them. @wdwmagic?

After Mario and Pokémon, Zelda is Nintendo’s next most successful franchise and by extension the most successful one that aims for a bit of an older demographic. The fact Universal was giving it a bigger presence in that original pitch than even Pokémon was getting shows they want to do it. It’s expected to replace what’s left of Lost Continent.

the.dreamfinder

The IP we have confirmed through early leaks are Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokémon. The original pitch was one big land containing all of these. Kirby was just a small flat ride area and Pokémon was a single building (yes, really). These plans changed to make the land focus in on just the Mario related characters (first 3). Also Kirby seems to have disappeared with almost no talk of it now. This was a wide leak and I have the pictures saved but not sure if I can post them. @wdwmagic?

After Mario and Pokémon, Zelda is Nintendo’s next most successful franchise and by extension the most successful one that aims for a bit of an older demographic. The fact Universal was giving it a bigger presence in that original pitch than even Pokémon was getting shows they want to do it. It’s expected to replace what’s left of Lost Continent.
Do they really have the rights to Pokémon? I know it was in the pitch documents leaked by Gary Snyder, but wouldn’t they be separate because the IP is owned by the Pokémon Co?

Animaniac93-98

Highly recommend Into the Spiderverse. Holy flip, that was spectacular. I definitely would rank it higher than Incredibles 2 for this year’s animation; it’s that good.

It's already starting to win awards for this year's best animated movie. Would not be surprised to see it win that Globe or Oscar title. It already has the Globe nomination.

Princess Leia

So, the Superhero Genre is starting to dominate animated features, like it is for live action features... and TV.

Who had "superhero burnout" on their crystal ball?
Oh it definitely could happen sometime, but not if it plays around with genres and mediums.

You’ve got the ‘traditional’ films, like Avengers, Justice League, Doctor Strange, Wonder Woman, most Spider-Man movies, almost everything in Phase 1 & 2 of the MCU.

Comedies- GotG, Deadpool, Shazam, Thor: Ragnarok

Period pieces- Captain America: The First Avenger, Wonder Woman 1984, Captain Marvel

Animation- Spiderverse, Teen Titans Go

As long as the genre doesn’t play it safe, it will be good for at least the next few years. Message me in 2024 and we’ll discuss this again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom