A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Rodan75

"From the beginning of time, a war has raged between light and dark. This eternal conflict has flared across mystic battlefields all over the universe and is recorded in a magical golden atlas. The pages of the atlas..."

Cripes, wasn't the original cartoon just about some guys trying to get a drink?

Yeah. This feels like a throw back to 90’s Disney Afternoon, the good and the bad.

This animation can not be expensive.

FigmentJedi

"From the beginning of time, a war has raged between light and dark. This eternal conflict has flared across mystic battlefields all over the universe and is recorded in a magical golden atlas. The pages of the atlas..."

Cripes, wasn't the original cartoon just about some guys trying to get a drink?

Yeah. This feels like a throw back to 90’s Disney Afternoon, the good and the bad.

This animation can not be expensive.
More like an animated equivalent to a European Disney comic

Rodan75

More like an animated equivalent to a European Disney comic

I don’t know much about those.

But I can see why this doesn’t have a US release date, the animation quality is on par with the lower Disney Channel stuff, but the storytelling feels both too young and too old compared to current US productions. It feels like it was written in the 90’s to me.

Rodan75

The animation looks much better compared to modern Disney animated shows.

No, it is about the same. However, it does get better as the series progresses.

I’ve seen some folks gushing about it elsewhere online as well, but they really like the character models not the animation quality.

Unfortunately it looks like this may have been dumped on DisneyLife Philippines more than ‘Premiered’, the DuckTales guy said it was in production before DuckTales started production. And elsewhere has stated it was supposed to be released last year. So this has been sitting finished for at least a year, making it unlikely to get a second season.

Just finished Ep7, the production has improved a lot over the last few Eps. I can’t believe Disney hasn’t pulled this from YouTube yet.

FigmentJedi

I don’t know much about those.

But I can see why this doesn’t have a US release date, the animation quality is on par with the lower Disney Channel stuff, but the storytelling feels both too young and too old compared to current US productions. It feels like it was written in the 90’s to me.
Italian Disney Comics in particular can get pretty wild and generally push a lot of high adventure and sci-fi stuff. We've been getting tastes of that through IDW and Papercutz releases, but in general, it's the sort of stuff Disney America is afraid to poke at in animation.

tumblr_inline_p5so5oPApR1tmi2od_540.jpg

1070787-12_1.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Seeing Disney fans go nuts over Toy Story Land is disappointing when you consider how much better the park was 20 year ago. Here's a map from the 1998 holiday season, but during the summer of '98 the park still had:

- Soundstage Restaurant & Catwalk Bar
- Disney Animation (with real animators)
- 3 part (!) Backlot Tour & Backstage Pass (tram, walking tour, fx demo show)
- Sound FX show
- Afternoon Parade (remember when the park had those?)
- Hunchback Show
- Great Movie Ride
- Sid's One-of-a-Kind Shop
- Villains Store

+ things like Mermaid, BatB etc weren't stale and Fantasmic! was brand new. RnRC (which opened the following summer) was a new build, on land not previously used by something else.

TalkingHead

Seeing Disney fans go nuts over Toy Story Land is disappointing when you consider how much better the park was 20 year ago. Here's a map from the 1998 holiday season, but during the summer of '98 the park still had:

- Sound FX show
- Hunchback Show
- Great Movie Ride
- Villains Store

+ things like Mermaid, BatB etc weren't stale and Fantasmic! was brand new. RnRC (which opened the following summer) was a new build, on land not previously used by something else.

In roughly 20 years the park added one D-ticket ride?

The Mickey ride will help, but that park is gonna be unmanageable when Star Wars opens. It's embarrassingly underbuilt.

Animaniac93-98

In roughly 20 years the park added one D-ticket ride?

The Mickey ride will help, but that park is gonna be unmanageable when Star Wars opens. It's embarrassingly underbuilt.

And it will still have no clear mission statement and the same old BatB, Indy and Mermaid shows at this rate.

Have they even decided what's happening with Launch Bay?

Cesar R M

Italian Disney Comics in particular can get pretty wild and generally push a lot of high adventure and sci-fi stuff. We've been getting tastes of that through IDW and Papercutz releases, but in general, it's the sort of stuff Disney America is afraid to poke at in animation.

tumblr_inline_p5so5oPApR1tmi2od_540.jpg

1070787-12_1.jpg

IDW can really do dark stuff.. see TMNT..
Which is brutal...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

- Sound FX show
- Hunchback Show
- Great Movie Ride
- Villains Store

Nice map find! And Fantasmic! was listed as "all-new", as well. Wow... I remember the Catwalk Bar and the Soundstage buffet. Man, that was a lot of trips ago...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom