A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

tribbleorlfl

If Universal's catch-up to Disney includes doubling down on the Jurassic IP, at least they could have make a *good* sequel. World's plot points and dialogue were awful. CGI was good... so... screen based attractions would work here!
I agree, I thought FK was terrible. I really enjoyed the first JW as one of the few sequel/reboot films that actually succeeded and high hopes for the sequel. Now, I just hope the franchise dies if it's going to be more if the same.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I read Jurassic Park last summer (haven’t read Lost World yet), but it’s kind of amazing how Spielberg & Co. took that book and made an even better movie out of it. Everything in that film still holds up today in 2018 (minus the computers, but what can you do). Unfortunately, none of the sequels have come even close to the first film. Minus the new one, I’ve watched them all. My dad and I hate watched 3 (it was on AMC, and we actively rooted for the dinos to win). JW was like TFA, in that it covered a lot of the same beats as the original, but despite almost copying the film, wasn’t as good as original. I just have no interest in seeing Fallen Kingdom.

Now, if JW:FK means getting more Jurassic Park attractions in Orlando, then I’m all for it. Just don’t really want to see the movie.

I thought the opposite, that the book was much better than the movie. However, that is the me of 25 years ago who hasn't read the book since, so a more up-to-date reading may be in order sometime. :) I started Lost World but never finished it.

RSoxNo1

I thought the opposite, that the book was much better than the movie. However, that is the me of 25 years ago who hasn't read the book since, so a more up-to-date reading may be in order sometime. :) I started Lost World but never finished it.
As one of the great philosophers of our time, Jim Gaffigan once said, "You know what I liked about the movie? No reading."

Quinnmac000

I agree, I thought FK was terrible. I really enjoyed the first JW as one of the few sequel/reboot films that actually succeeded and high hopes for the sequel. Now, I just hope the franchise dies if it's going to be more if the same.

FK was so much better than JW...this one actually had a child star that could actually act as well as the edge of seat factor that the others since Lost World have lacked.

The biggest issue was the villian and the key to all the issues points to Trevorrow who wrote the script...Thanks a lot Frank Marshall, Speilberg, and Kennedy for trying to make him a thing,

the.dreamfinder

FK was so much better than JW...this one actually had a child star that could actually act as well as the edge of seat factor that the others since Lost World have lacked.

The biggest issue was the villian and the key to all the issues points to Trevorrow who wrote the script...Thanks a lot Frank Marshall, Speilberg, and Kennedy for trying to make him a thing,
And Brad Bird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom