A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

jakeman

Nope, This will be B-school case study in how to underinvest in the face of pent up demand. The FAIL will be epic.

Supposedly Iger will be gone by then so whoever gets the top seat at Disney will take the fall for this one. I feel sorry for them already
So, we've gone from "they will never build it" to "it will be too popular and will fail".

I can only imagine the howling of impending bankruptcy from you if there are pictures from DHS similar to WWoHP's opening day.

Hey, at least you're admitting it's being built now...so...progress?

EDIT: This is ingenious maneuvering on your part, though. Any sign of Pandora or greater type waits for SWL and you can now claim "as you predicted" they under built and it will fail. If there are no waits then you can claim the quality sucks and it will fail. This has nothing to do with the actual topic at hand; it's just you formulating your standard anti-Disney argument. I'm impressed.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

I think the paid access is the ticket price. For what DHS will offer, it'll be "access to SWL, plus this other stuff." They really need to add, keyword ADD, Cars Land, Indiana Jones land, daytime parade, daytime something in Hollywood Hills Ampitheater, and refresh all the shows in order to fix the park IMO.
Disney has put paid, guaranteed FP in Shanghai and Anaheim. Very hard for TDO to not want to do the same for Galaxy’s Edge.

AEfx

You just now think Disney is an IP multiplex? Disney has been an IP multiplex for a long time.

That's why I just have to read these discussions with a chuckle.

The parks have been "IP multiplexes" since Disneyland opened, LOL. A lot of people just don't have (or willfully ignore) a historical perspective, beyond Disney park myth-making. It's just so removed from reality - particularly the reality of the movie/TV business at the time. Because time has been kind to the Disney animated films of the era (and people conveniently excuse the facts like Frontierland being used to push then transient TV properties), people just gloss over things like Sleeping Beauty had a castle almost four years before she had a film.

Or the big "elephant in the room" fact nearly all of what we consider "Classic" Disney were stories written by other people, just sanitized ("Disney-fied") and largely old enough that Disney got away with not having to pay for them. But even then - Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins - all purchased and paid for "IP"...

People will go to great lengths to debate the minutiae of this, but when you account for the past 50+ years of change in the entertainment industry and how it has changed as a whole, you see that with few exceptions, it's the same thing going on that Disney theme parks have always done. We are just far more aware of how it works now.

Last edited:

jakeman

This thread feels like a talk show. We've got the snobs who think their opinions are the only ones that matter. We have the insufferable dimwits who think they sound intelligent but they really just spew nonsense. Finally, we have voices of reason, taking a neutral stance amid the bickering between the aforementioned groups, who make the show at least somewhat watchable.
Oh great, now we're going to have to spend the next 50 pages figuring out who is in what group. :D

brb1006

This thread feels like a talk show. We've got the snobs who think their opinions are the only ones that matter. We have the insufferable dimwits who think they sound intelligent but they really just spew nonsense. Finally, we have voices of reason, taking a neutral stance amid the bickering between the aforementioned groups, who make the show at least somewhat watchable.
At least it ain't like Jerry Springer.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, we've gone from "they will never build it" to "it will be too popular and will fail".

I can only imagine the howling of impending bankruptcy from you if there are pictures from DHS similar to WWoHP's opening day.

Hey, at least you're admitting it's being built now...so...progress?

EDIT: This is ingenious maneuvering on your part, though. Any sign of Pandora or greater type waits for SWL and you can now claim "as you predicted" they under built and it will fail. If there are no waits then you can claim the quality sucks and it will fail. This has nothing to do with the actual topic at hand; it's just you formulating your standard anti-Disney argument. I'm impressed.

We know that SWL is opening on time in Anaheim where logistics are already at their design limits +200%, I cant even imagine the traffic jams at DL when it opens.

As to DHS yeah it will open sometime after 2019 based on funds available I'm thinking 2021 or so. That builds in the usual 2 year announced/reality lag at WDW.

HauntedMansionFLA

SWL is going to be an epic logistical disaster, think the last SWW multiplied by x100

All Disney will accomplish with SWL is gridlock and tens of thousands of disappointed fans who will come and not be able to ride, The lands needed capacities in the high thousands perhaps even low teens per hour instead we have capacities of in the low thousands

I'm gonna break out the popcorn on SWL's opening day and enjoy the tears of the fanbois. And later watch the independent bloggers rip disney a new one for the logistical failures. Im sure the usual suspects will get their comp hotel stays and all the rides they can ride with an army of plaids.

Normal guests, well not so much...
Exactly, remember when Hollywood Studios did the non extra ticket event Friday The 13TH Meet The Villians party a few years back???? That's what I imagine it being like but X1000's worse.

jakeman

We know that SWL is opening on time in Anaheim where logistics are already at their design limits +200%, I cant even imagine the traffic jams at DL when it opens.

As to DHS yeah it will open sometime after 2019 based on funds available I'm thinking 2021 or so. That builds in the usual 2 year announced/reality lag at WDW.
Again...this has nothing do to with reality and is just prebuilding your "it's horrible regardless of what happens" angle.

Either way, in your current double speak, you win when SWL opens.

Congratulations on the box you built. It will serve as a baseless foundation of criticism for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom