A *Special* Gathering

RPMdfw

Originally posted by RalphieN
As a Christian, I have absolutely no problem with homosexuals or any other type of sinner going to Walt Disney World. Without sinners there, the place would be empty. Walt created his parks as a place for everyone to enjoy. That doesn't mean this sin or any sin is acceptable, however. None of us are sinless, but those of us who are not trying to get rid of sins in our lives are truly in trouble.

So, anyone going to WDW to enjoy the magic, have a great time. I wish I were going now as well but for those of you who are going just to pronounce your "right" to be public homosexuals by attending "gay days" at WDW, I question your heart. WDW should never be used as a place to make a political statement.

You keep referring to being gay as a "sin". By whose definition. Even the different Christian Sects disagree on what costitutes a "sin", and many of them have said that homosexuality is not a sin, and have accepted gays and lesbians into their church communities.

Overall the bible contains 3 warnings about homosexual activitiy. It also contains over 400 warnings about heterosexual activity. Does that make heterosexuality inherently sinful? If not, then homosexuality can't be either.

If you're assuming that being gay is a sin becuse of that verse in Leviticus, please consider that it also says that eating shellfish is a sin (actually it says "abomination"). Ever had a shrimp cocktail at Disney World? If so, shame on you! It further says that fabrics woven of two different fibers is sinful. Ever wear a poly/cotton blend to WDW? If so, be glad the rest of us didn't stone you to death. (That's the most prevelant punishment recommended in Leviticus, by the way) Ever played football? Oops! touching the skin of a pig is strictly forbidden, you're unclean, and should separate yourself from good people. Do you see where this is going? Christians that are so easy to dismiss the parts of the bible that are inconvienient for them, but declare that I'm a sinner based on one line in the same part of the bible really irk me. There's a word for that, it's called hypocrisy.

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mr. Toad
Gary,

Thanks a lot for the info. I know my wife and I will be in EPCOT Saturday morning/afternoon as we are going to be doing the Aqua Seas program at the Living Seas. I think we have dinner at MGM that night so I guess we will miss the MK crowd although the seas of red shirts would be interesting to see.

Have a good time at PI and WDW.

No problem! I hope you have a great time! :D

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
I guess you missed King George I (otherwise known as President George Bush) debuting his 'Thousand Points of Light' message from the steps of Cinderella's Castle back in '91....

What about George II telling us post 9/11 to take our kids to Disneyworld (a fine idea ANY day, IMHO)?

It is a coincidence that WDW is conveniently located in the state of which his brother is governor?

and back on topic
everytime a heterosexual hold hands with a spouse, or gives him/her a quick kiss in Small World, they are "flaunting their sexuality".

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HAVE FUN!

Originally posted by RalphieN
I hope and pray that I never give up on everyone like this.

The thing I love most about religious zealots is their selectiveness. Since my BIL was saved (now there’s a laugh), hes so busy being a good Christian that he doesn’t even bother his to check that his sisters OK on her own with our 3 kids when im away. Why, because shes not a true Christian, ie not a member of his cult. But Im glad to see hes able to indulge his religious beliefs because of the freedoms that me and my mates maintain.
Now over the last 22 years ive seen plenty in this world that is nasty, really nasty, and funnily enough stood behind every event is some zealot proclaiming that theirs is the only true way.

I believe in myself, my team and my families love. None of which I hope are corrupted by someone’s interpretation of a fable or ancient story.
Live and let live, or to put it another way, dont ______ in my pool and I wont punch your lights out.
Now I think most of you know im not gay but I sure hope you all have a damn fine time especially if it gets on the thrupnee bits of of the Christian paramilitaries.

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

and back on topic
everytime a heterosexual hold hands with a spouse, or gives him/her a quick kiss in Small World, they are "flaunting their sexuality".

I was going to flaunt mine, but security said I had to wear something undermy kilt, other than a verticle smile.:eek:

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
I was going to flaunt mine, but security said I had to wear something undermy kilt, other than a verticle smile.:eek:

I just wish I had something to flaunt! ;)

Irrawaddy Erik

:eek: :lol:

Good one..........

I prob will be working that day but no word yet if I'm not I will prob be playing at Epcot though

Yellow Shoes

WOW--They really are beefing up (sorry :kiss: ) security.

This is the first I've heard of "Kilt Checks"!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
WOW--They really are beefing up (sorry :kiss: ) security.

This is the first I've heard of "Kilt Checks"!!

Yes it was because I was wearing the McDonald tartan. They wanted to know if I had a quarter pounder under the kilt.

Al

Yes it was because I was wearing the McDonald tartan. They wanted to know if I had a quarter pounder under the kilt.

:lookaroun :eek: :lol:

Enough!!!

Dayma

People need to stop worrying about what other people are doing and concentrate on being good people themselves. I dont care who you are as long as you are a good person. I bet half the people flaming gay people are not exatly the kinda people that I would want to spend anytime with.....

chellnjr

No, I haven't read all of every reply here. I just don't feel like it. But I do have something to say to this one

So you're saying that you're in favor of the activities that happen during Gay Day? Are you going to tell all of those innocent families to simply leave and "go to christian theme park" when they start seeing homosexuals getting "hot and heavy" with each other? Give me a break here people! Families and innocent people are going to be making trips to WDW to experience the Disney magic. They're not there to see homosexuals spreading their own kind of magic. Save the inappropriate behavior for another place.

I've been at the parks for Gay Days before and didn't even realize that it was until I got home and saw something about it on the news. The entire time I was there I didn't see "homosexuals getting hot and heavy with each other"! The hottest and heaviest I've seen homosexuals in the parks is holding hands! :eek: Oh, so hot and heavy. No, I don't think that qualifies as hot and heavy. Now, I have seen several hetro couples making out. :hurl: At least the couples I have seen there have enough respect for being in a public place that they don't "make out" in the parks.

Sorry, but I just had to get that off of my chest.

Gary and others I hope you have a wonderful time! But I won't ever be going back to WDW this time of year simply because it is too darn hot for me!

Will someone ride the TTA for me??!!!

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by chellnjr
Gary and others I hope you have a wonderful time! But I won't ever be going back to WDW this time of year simply because it is too darn hot for me!

Will someone ride the TTA for me??!!!

I ALWAYS ride TTA! And thanks for the kind words. :)

IOAGuy

I have no problems with gays or lesbians whatsoever, but why have a specific weekend setup specifically for homosexuals?

It really is all about making a political statement if you look at it from a non-biased point of view.

If you have a gay day, then you need to have a 21 yr old college student day, a police officer day, etc.

Please don't flame, these are, after all, just my opinions.

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by IOAGuy
If you have a gay day, then you need to have a 21 yr old college student day, a police officer day, etc.

If 21 yo college students or police officers want to pick a Saturday to meet at MK and all wear blue shirts, who would stop them? Would that be a political statement?

*heavy sigh*

This started out 13 years ago as some people from a chat room deciding to go to MK on the same day. They decided to wear red shirts so they could recognize each other. It started with a couple hundred people and grew from there. There is nothing inherently political or evil about it.

Again, it's chance to visit WDW with friends and make some new ones too. Where's the harm?

BTW - I ALWAYS ride Splash Mountain! ;)

NADisney

Hi Gang, for Those who are going "HAVE FUN " wish it was me but i won't be there till July 4th at the MK.But eveyday is gay day for me ,my family, coworkers and freinds. And as for "god" -please read it before you quote from it -you might find some of the things that "YOU DID WRONG " by him before juding others.So No one wins or loses. As for Walt Disney he is not buried but creamated and buried in a vase in glendale cemetery .But who cares,life goes on with or with out convictions from ourselfs and others. Live for Today and not the Past or Future .

"I Believe in Fairies !!!"

and "Trolls"

Oh and another thing : "Don't make me get my flying monkey's "

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D :wave:

PhotoDave219

Ya know, sometimes i wish that people who are trying to save the world would save their own world first, before trying to press their beliefs on others.

I mean, instead of harping on 'gay days' or whatever the cause of the week is, why cant people go into their communities and give back that way? Why not help those who need helping, or be a mentor or a strong role model within your community, rather than someone like "Gambling" Bill Bennett. I'm sure that throughout this great land of ours, there are the less fortunate who need the Big Brother program or need help repairing their houses, or theres a trash strewn lot that needs cleaning or there's a park that is in need of repair. There's plenty of kids who through circumstance need role models as well as love and affection

I guess my point is that I think its more effective and more readily betters society to fix your own community and problems that lie within it before you try fixing what your percieve is a problem with someone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom