A *Special* Gathering

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Don L Duck
Besides maybe you should read that new book that's just been released.
A theologian has done 3 years worth of research an concluded that Jesus and 3 of his Apostles were gay.
Don't believe everything you read...........

KathyG/poohbear

A theologian has done 3 years worth of research an concluded that Jesus and 3 of his Apostles were gay.

I am not a gay basher but a Christian who takes offense to that remark. I tried to leave the thread and not say anything. but my convictions just would not let me. I love everyone and so does God but I can't let someone make a liberal statement like that about Jesus and not respond. People can write anything they want in a book but only one book is guaranteed to be the truth obout Jesus and that is the BIble. My best friend's boyfriend in college was living a "secret gay" life and dating her on the side. He ended up commiting suicide. The Church and everyone should have been there for him and offered him love and prevented his suicide so I have compassion for gays. Jesus' entire life was devoted to God's work and saving mankind from his sins.

Captain Cab

Wow, I forgot to put on my anti-flame suit before making my posting in this thread.

First, all I said was that I have no intentions of being there (or in Orlando for that matter) for that weekend. I didn't say anything else about gay people or this upcoming event in Florida. This was started by GaryT977 saying that he will be there. All I said was that I won't be there. And for that simple message I got a LOT of flack from people.

As for my comment about Walt spinning in his grave, that was simply an expression that he would not approve of the way things are being run in his theme parks today. He made those parks with the intentions of families vacationing together, experiencing the magic and joy that surrounds the fantasy world they are paying dearly to enjoy. Seeing a man in high heels, shirtless, and strutting around the walkways is hardly the fantasy families pay for.

Walt Disney was a brilliant, conservative visionary who built his theme parks with the intentions of keeping them as tasteful and traditional as possible. The key part in the planning was for traditional families (mom + dad + children and/or family pet) to spend time in a magical world where they could relax and temporarily get away from real world problems. Back then Disneyland had standards and wouldn't allow males with long hair to enter the park. Today those standards are long gone. I bet that Walt would be sick to his stomach if he knew that his family oriented company was catering to homosexuals.

For those of you going I hope you have a great time in the theme parks. I love going there as much as you do.

Bagheera

Robert Borgfeldt Brown? Walt's daughter Sharon's first husband who died of cancer a year after Walt died? After whom Sharon married Bill Lund? That Robert Brown?

RPMdfw

Originally posted by Captain Cab
Today those standards are long gone. I bet that Walt would be sick to his stomach if he knew that his family oriented company was catering to homosexuals.

Walt also stood by an animator he employed and refused to fire him when he got pressure to get rid of the man because he was gay. The same way that the Disney company now stands by it's Gay and Lesbian employees by offering Domestic Partnership benefits. I think Walt set the precident and the company has followed through on his vision. He was obviously a visionary in many, many ways.

By the way, I also pay dearly to enjoy the parks.

Woody13

Originally posted by Bagheera
Robert Borgfeldt Brown? Walt's daughter Sharon's first husband who died of cancer a year after Walt died? After whom Sharon married Bill Lund? That Robert Brown?

I heap piles of extra credit upon you! Go to the head of the class!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear

I am not a gay basher but a Christian who takes offense to that remark. I tried to leave the thread and not say anything. but my convictions just would not let me. I love everyone and so does God but I can't let someone make a liberal statement like that about Jesus and not respond.

Thank you very much KathyG/poohbear for saying that. That was the rudest statement on this thread by far.

figmentmom

Originally posted by Captain Cab

As for my comment about Walt spinning in his grave, that was simply an expression that he would not approve of the way things are being run in his theme parks today. He made those parks with the intentions of families vacationing together, experiencing the magic and joy that surrounds the fantasy world they are paying dearly to enjoy. Seeing a man in high heels, shirtless, and strutting around the walkways is hardly the fantasy families pay for.

Whoa, there, good buddy, let's park that closed mind at the door! WDW is for EVERYBODY, not just those who fit your mold.

tiggerlover1971

good point Jer this post was to say someone was going to be at disney on a certain date and to see who else was going to be there not for preaching and not for hurting anyones feelings and not to be rude or nasty

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I may have spent most of my life in a predominatly male hetrosexual enviroment, I find it strange that most of my working life has been spent dealing with situations that were originated by people of so called faith.
Perhaps if some practiced what the good books preached ( I include all denominations and branches of religion) there may be less requirement for people like me.

But if we are all equal why do some want to be classed as special? Now I know most of you are not lucky enough to be Scots, but youl just have to accept your deficiencies. As I except my spelling is pants.:)

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by sandjhooker
Hear that sound???

That's the sound of Steve closing this thread when he wakes up on Saturday morning......

Well, this certainly wasn't the response I was hoping to get.

Dammit.

:(

Erika

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak

But if we are all equal why do some want to be classed as special?

I suspect that was done to prevent exactly what ended up happening here :lol:

Oh well. It was a nice try, anyway.

And Maria, do you mean to tell me that the hairy man at Ice Station is Walk himself? :eek: Somebody needs to shave that poor man.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom