A September 2011 Disney Anniversary Pre Trip Report

Hello and welcome to my September 2011 Disney Anniversary Pre Trip Report! My name is Jon, for those of you who don't know me (which is probably most of you), and my travel partner is my beautiful wife, Brittany. Here is a shot of us from our December trip to WDW so you'll know who you are dealing with…

DSCF3916-1.jpg

We will be going to Walt Disney World this September for our 3 Year Anniversary and we can't wait!! We actually just got back from the World in December 2010 and had a blast (even though we froze our butts off)! I am a slacker and just finished posting that trip report. You can read it here…

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=718898

That report is FULL of pictures, so I hope you enjoy it! You can also check out my videos from WDW on my YouTube page by clicking here…

http://youtube.com/user/jcbm1024

Ok, back to our upcoming trip! Here are the details…

When: September 15-25, 2011
Who: Just Me and My Bride
Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House
Why: Our 3 Year Anniversary
What: 9 Day Park Hoppers and the Disney Dining Plan
How: From North Carolina to Florida by Car

Now, for the tentative itinerary…

Thursday September 15
We both plan on working a half day and then driving all the way from North Carolina to Orange City, FL and stopping for the night at the Holiday Inn Express there so that when we get up on Friday morning, we will only have about an hour drive to Walt Disney World!

Friday September 16
We plan on getting up early and driving the rest of the way to WDW. Once we arrive, we will be checking in to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House! We have 9 day Park Hoppers so we might check out the resort for a little while, but then we are going to start our vacation off right by hitting the Magic Kingdom, which is open until 7:00pm. The MK closes at 7:00pm for the average guest, but we have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - so we will be in the MK until midnight!! Before MNSSHP, the plan is to hop on the monorail and ride over to the Polynesian Resort for our first ADR of the trip at 5:45pm at Kona Cafe! After Kona, it's back to the Magic Kingdom for the night!

Saturday September 17
Today we plan on hitting Disney's Hollywood Studios which opens up early for EMH at 8:00am. The plan is to grab a counter service lunch and then we have our second ADR of the trip at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre at 6:35pm!

Sunday September 18
Today we are going to EPCOT. We will be spending a lot more time in EPCOT this trip… if you read my last trip report, you know what I'm talking about! Anyway, we have ADR's for lunch at Le Cellier at 12:15pm. That evening we are heading over to Disney's Wilderness Lodge for our 7:30pm dinner ADR's at Whispering Canyon Café. After dinner, we are going to ride the boat over to Fort Wilderness and catch the Electric Water Parade on the dock. Then we are going to head to the Magic Kingdom, which is open until 1:00am for EMH!

Monday September 19
Today we are heading to Disney's Animal Kingdom, which has morning EMH from 8:00-9:00am and then is open until 5:00pm. After DAK closes, we plan on having dinner at the Rainforest Cafe before hopping over to Hollywood Studios, which is open until 10:00pm with evening EMH.

Tuesday September 20 - Our 3 Year Anniversary!!!
Today we are starting the day off at Disney's Contemporary Resort at 8:00am with breakfast ADR's at Chef Mickey's! Then we plan on spending the day at the Magic Kingdom before heading over to Disney's Polynesian Resort for our 8:15pm ADR Anniversary dinner at 'Ohana!

Wednesday September 21
Today we have another early start with 8:30am breakfast ADR's at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom! I booked this especially so we could walk down Main Street before the park opens! I can't wait to get some pictures of an empty Magic Kingdom! After breakfast we plan on heading over to Animal Kingdom and then finishing the day up at Hollywood Studios.

Thursday September 22
Today is kind of a free day. The plan for right now is to sleep in a little bit and then hit the pools at Animal Kingdom Lodge and do some swimming until around lunctime and then we will head over to Downtown Disney in the early afternoon when it is less crowded. Then we want to head over to the Boardwalk for a while and I want to check out the Beach Club Resort. The only other plans we have for this day as of now is our 6:00pm dinner ADR's at Coral Reef in EPCOT.

Friday September 23
Today, once again, we will be spending the majority of the day at the Magic Kingdom, which closes at 7:00pm. Then we are heading back over to EPCOT for our 7:30pm dinner ADR's at San Angel Inn! EPCOT is open until 12:00am for EMH.

Saturday September 24
Our last day :(
Today we plan on hitting our two favorite parks! We will start out at Hollywood Studios and then finish our trip off right in the Magic Kingdom! We also have our last ADR of the trip at 5:00pm at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness.

Sunday September 25
We will probably get up at 8:00am or so and drive from Florida all the way back to North Carolina…

Well, that does it for my September Pre Trip Report. I hope you all have enjoyed it and hope you will be looking forward to my actual Trip Report upon our return! Send me a message if you have facebook because I usually do live updates and pictures from the parks.
Thanks for stopping by and See Ya Real Soon! :wave:

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Thanks!
Whoa nelly! :eek: That is a little more than I was expecting... Maybe I need to find some more people to go with us to split the cost! lol

foreverbelle

Gorgeous bride and groom! Congrats on the 3 yrs. They go by in the blink of an eye.

Your trip sounds wonderful! I hope one of these days we will be able to check out MNSSHP ourselves everyone seems to have a really good time. I can't wait to here the actual TR once you are back home.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Sounds like you have some great plans in place and it should be a great trip!!!

Thanks, I hope so!

Gorgeous bride and groom! Congrats on the 3 yrs. They go by in the blink of an eye.

Your trip sounds wonderful! I hope one of these days we will be able to check out MNSSHP ourselves everyone seems to have a really good time. I can't wait to here the actual TR once you are back home.

Thank you! Yeah, the past 3 years have FLOWN!
I am really excited about our trip and MNSSHP! Looks like such a fun time! We did MVMCP back in December and it was a blast. I hear the Halloween party is better... I look forward to posting a TR full of pictures upon our return!

keepermom8

Oh my gosh that is so cool!!!! My DH and I will be at Disney World September 17th-24th for our 10th wedding anniversary(sorry got a few years on yall :king:) which happens to be September 20th also :sohappy: plus we are also staying at AKL we just recently became DVC members so we are staying at Kidani Village, It's our home resort and this is our first trip. We are from Mississippi and are driving. Takes us about 15 hours :dazzle:. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort for 2 weeks in July 2010 so great choice on doing Ohana's for your anniversary it's awesome. We are doing the MNSSHP on the 20th. Happy early anniversary guys hope yall have a blast!!!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Oh my gosh that is so cool!!!! My DH and I will be at Disney World September 17th-24th for our 10th wedding anniversary(sorry got a few years on yall :king:) which happens to be September 20th also :sohappy: plus we are also staying at AKL we just recently became DVC members so we are staying at Kidani Village, It's our home resort and this is our first trip. We are from Mississippi and are driving. Takes us about 15 hours :dazzle:. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort for 2 weeks in July 2010 so great choice on doing Ohana's for your anniversary it's awesome. We are doing the MNSSHP on the 20th. Happy early anniversary guys hope yall have a blast!!!

Wow! September 20th is a good day! Thanks for the anniversary wishes!! Happy early anniversary to you too! Sounds like we will have similar trips planned. Although our drive from North Carolina is only around 10 hours... Maybe we will run into each other at AKL or in the parks. Can't wait!!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Quick edit to my original post today. I added 2 new ADR's! Kona Cafe on our arrival day and Trail's End on our last full day at Disney.

40 days...

:sohappy:

flipadeeflop

I'll be there during the same time with my significant other!!! Maybe we'll see you!! Look for us:

wsmiic.jpg

except I have platinum blond hair now, as of yesterday...

PolynesianPrincess

Congrats on 3 years!!! :wave: No better place to spend an anniversary than WDW for sure!!

And your last TR was the first one I ever read on this site!! :)

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Congrats on 3 years!!! :wave: No better place to spend an anniversary than WDW for sure!!

And your last TR was the first one I ever read on this site!! :)

Thanks! I agree - there is NO other place we would rather celebrate our anniversary.
Wow. I hope you enjoyed my last report and that it didn't scare you away from this site... :lookaroun I can't wait to write another one!

gwhb75

Hey there. I'm Graham, and we're all going to be there the same time (Sept 14-26). We're staying at the Beach Club this year, but stayed at AKL last year and absolutely loved it (we tried to get back in there this year but they were booked for the rooms we were looking for). Maybe we'll run into each other when we're there.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Hey there. I'm Graham, and we're all going to be there the same time (Sept 14-26). We're staying at the Beach Club this year, but stayed at AKL last year and absolutely loved it (we tried to get back in there this year but they were booked for the rooms we were looking for). Maybe we'll run into each other when we're there.

Hi Graham. Awesome that we'll be there at the same time! We are really looking forward to staying at AKL. We visited there on our last trip in December and fell in love with it. Hopefully we will see you!

uncwdwfan

Thanks for your reports!!!

I just finished your trip report from Dec. 2010 and what can I say other than AWESOME!! My wife, daughter and I will be at WDW from Sept. 10-17 and we can't wait! We are from Virginia, but I am a die hard Carolina Tarheel which I saw from some of your shirts that you might be too. My wife is a UVA wahoo which causes some strife, but we make it work. This is our second trip together and you have only excited me more with your reports. We stayed at The AKL Jambo house last year and you are going to love it, it was awesome and you are right no pictures do it justice! We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter this time around and will probably be the last time we can stay somewhere other than a Pop value, because we are expecting a baby girl in October!! I can't wait to share the Magic with her someday and it is great to see someone like yourself sharing your magic with everyone on here instead of the griping that seems to go on all the time. I would rather spend a week in WDW with most of the attractions not working than to never be there at all. Have fun and congrats on your 3 year anniversary, this August will be our 4th!!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
I just finished your trip report from Dec. 2010 and what can I say other than AWESOME!! My wife, daughter and I will be at WDW from Sept. 10-17 and we can't wait! We are from Virginia, but I am a die hard Carolina Tarheel which I saw from some of your shirts that you might be too. My wife is a UVA wahoo which causes some strife, but we make it work. This is our second trip together and you have only excited me more with your reports. We stayed at The AKL Jambo house last year and you are going to love it, it was awesome and you are right no pictures do it justice! We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter this time around and will probably be the last time we can stay somewhere other than a Pop value, because we are expecting a baby girl in October!! I can't wait to share the Magic with her someday and it is great to see someone like yourself sharing your magic with everyone on here instead of the griping that seems to go on all the time. I would rather spend a week in WDW with most of the attractions not working than to never be there at all. Have fun and congrats on your 3 year anniversary, this August will be our 4th!!

Thanks for the kind words about my Dec Trip Report! I had fun writing it because it took me back to WDW!! I can't wait to write another one after we get back in September.
I am a HUGE Carolina fan and can't wait for this basketball season!!
Congrats on your anniversary and the upcoming new arrival!! Maybe we'll see you down there.
Go Heels!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom