A "Real" Toontown for MK?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
So Toontown Fairs days are numbered, we know that. We've heard that Mickey Meet and Greets may be moved to the Town Square Exhibition Hall...that's all well and good, but do you suppose that down the road there may be bigger plans for the Big Cheese? Now that FL is expanding, all they have to do is get us beyond that CM access road (via tunnel or bridge) to open up all that great real estate between the expanded FL and the WWWRR. I don't know, but it seems to me there's plenty of room to build a DL style Toontown back there. What are your thoughts?

TP2000

Tokyo Disneyland also has a really great Mickey's Toontown. They have most of the same elements of Disneyland's original, just in a reworked format that is shoehorned into a tiny space. It was odd to see it flipped around from the Anaheim version, but it worked great in Tokyo.

If Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland can host these really great, fully realized Toontown lands, then certainly WDW can.

Sometimes I wonder what the point is of having all that land out there in Florida, if you are only going to use most of it for timeshares and parking lots. :lol:

Figment1986

They could build a more realistic toon town in DHS like they planned years ago. They just have to get around to talking to someone about doing it, then putting it in..

Skyway

No. There are no "bigger plans".

It took them 17 years (since Splash Mountain) to need a new E-Ticket and extra capacity at MK.

Everyone at TDO will be retired or dead (and so will most of us) before we see another major addition.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No. There are no "bigger plans".

It took them 17 years (since Splash Mountain) to need a new E-Ticket and extra capacity at MK.

Everyone at TDO will be retired or dead (and so will most of us) before we see another major addition.

Such cynicism, you must be a distant relative

hrcollectibles

So Toontown Fairs days are numbered, we know that. We've heard that Mickey Meet and Greets may be moved to the Town Square Exhibition Hall...that's all well and good, but do you suppose that down the road there may be bigger plans for the Big Cheese? Now that FL is expanding, all they have to do is get us beyond that CM access road (via tunnel or bridge) to open up all that great real estate between the expanded FL and the WWWRR. I don't know, but it seems to me there's plenty of room to build a DL style Toontown back there. What are your thoughts?

I hope so.... I would like to have the Toon Town they have at Disneyland.. And what is the WWWRR?

Exprcoofto

Someone posted an overview showing that there would be enough room new the TTF/Fanstayland Train Station to fit a full ToonTown. It would be cool, but doubt it will ever happen.

King Mickey

i agree. wdw has plenty of room to expand out of any part of the park and can create a new toon town out there. they could expand it out of the hub like all the rest of the parks but some remodeling would have to be done.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Sorry, Typo, meant WDWRR, not WWWRR, unless you have a speech problem, then I guess it could be Walt Wisney World RailRoad. It was late....

The Empress Lilly

From what I can gather from the plans, any hopes of the MK being extended to the perimeter are now dashed forever. They left no room between Gaston's and TLM.

It's been a dream of mine ever since my first visit in 1979 that they would build up the entire area of the MK. :cry:

It's so sad. The MK has one trumpcard none of the other castle parks have: space. The new FL expansion basically prohibits any further expansion to the north.

(And no, the entrance road and the utilidor entrance is no real obstacle. The road can easily be moved a bit to the west, leading directly to the utilidor, at no great cost)

jakeman

From what I can gather from the plans, any hopes of the MK being extended to the perimeter are now dashed forever. They left no room between Gaston's and TLM.

It's been a dream of mine ever since my first visit in 1979 that they would build up the entire area of the MK. :cry:

It's so sad. The MK has one trumpcard none of the other castle parks have: space. The new FL expansion basically prohibits any further expansion to the north.

(And no, the entrance road and the utilidor entrance is no real obstacle. The road can easily be moved a bit to the west, leading directly to the utilidor, at no great cost)
That seems a little dramatic.

While the current plans we have access to have that area closed off there is no reason something can't be moved or modified in the future to allow access to that northern patch of land. Just a quick glance at Google Maps shows 2-3 places where they can access that land.

I'm not sure if you have ever been back there, but if memory serves me right, that is the major entrance to the tunnels. It will be quite a feat expanding north and both conceiling and mantaining the usefulness of that entrance.

WishIwasThere

Frankly, I think it would be fun to use the WDWRR as the means to get to a new land. Put a station in at the back side of the park and have that be the way to get to a new 'land'.

I'm sure people thought the DLRR tracks were the perimeter of the park for DL, but they managed to shoehorn a tunnel between small world and the storybook canal boat/Casey Jr. and open up a whole new land. So there are ways around it. Just have to be creative.

PirateFrank

Um, you could also re-route the tracks....expand outward towards the west a bit...maybe bubble out to the east, towards bay lake, right after the fantasyland stop...

I'd have to imagine that laying new track is no worse in than digging tunnels and such.

bstiles

Frankly, I think it would be fun to use the WDWRR as the means to get to a new land. Put a station in at the back side of the park and have that be the way to get to a new 'land'.

They have already tried this at animal kingdom with RPW. I don't think it works too well.

jakeman

That's because the train leads to Rafiki's Plant Watch.

If they stuck a coaster or a dark ride back there instead of goats, I'm sure attendance would pick up.

jmmc

C'mon, folks. After the announcement of a major expansion, the first reaction is sadness because there may not be more future expansion? Maybe it would be good to be happy that something so big's being done.

I'm actually surprised that this would be going on during atough economy, but I guess big corporations like this (and Universal) know these things don't last forever, and new things will make people more likely to spend their money if something new arrives.

I do, however, wish the Toontown area wasn't being tossed out for this. It was always a fun place for kids.

NewfieFan

Do we know that the m&g is going in the Town Square Exhibition Hall or are we just assuming that? I heard that it was going to be moved to the front of the park but I didn't hear any specifics... but I might have missed something!?!

I think a Toontown (type of area/land) could work in DHS!

Such cynicism, you must be a distant relative

You sir, crack me up! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom