A "Real" Toontown for MK?

Princess Kitty

I love the idea of a new Toontown, much like the one in DL, but I'd rather see it in DHS. There just doesn't seem to be anything (besides Playhouse Disney or HISTK playground) for my young'un to do there.:shrug:

But, in the current climate, I think we stand a better chance of having Toy Story Land, Cars Land, or maybe even Monsters Metropolis join Pixar Place.:rolleyes:

prberk

I personally do not think that MK needs another cartoony place, if the new FL is built. Use that land for something completely new and different, more adventurous and completely new and for all ages, including adults -- like the original MK/DL attractions were.

EPCOT Explorer

Another idea....Train Ride aboard Casy Junior to a remote area ala Rafiki's Watch over in DAK.

Just another thought from me while I try to do Finite Math...:lookaroun:lol:

Timon

Which building exactly is the Roy O Disney production building. Is it the building directly behind Toy Story Mania?

The current Walt Disney museum (former hallway of the Studio Tour) runs through the Roy O Disney Production Bldg which fronts the same side walk leading to Pixar Studios or Little Mermaid Theater Animation Courtyard. As you can see this site is 50 feet from the center of the park, talk about your prime land.

What better place for a Toon Town than between classic Disney animation and Pixar Studios. If Toon Town were built here there would be no sight line problems with the exception of the Water Tower but since it has ears, technically it fits.

picture.php

Studios Fan

The current Walt Disney museum (former hallway of the Studio Tour) runs through the Roy O Disney Production Bldg which fronts the same side walk leading to Pixar Studios or Little Mermaid Theater Animation Courtyard. As you can see this site is 50 feet from the center of the park, talk about your prime land.

What better place for a Toon Town than between classic Disney animation and Pixar Studios. If Toon Town were built here there would be no sight line problems with the exception of the Water Tower but since it has ears, technically it fits.

picture.php

That would be a good area for expansion.

lazyboy97o

picture.php
I actually like this. There might some issues with sight lines coming into the park (a cartoon land behind the Chinese Theater), but it could play into the idea that Toon Town is right next door to Hollywood.

EPCOT Explorer

picture.php

Would be epic, symbolically and in conjunction with DHS. Well thought!

Timon

I was thinking one entrance could be through the wall in the Acme Gag Warehouse. This building could block direct viewing from the central plaza. The other entrance could be through a tunnel similar similar to the one Eddie Valiant drove thru but closer to the Pixar Studios gate. What do you think should be in DHS Toon Town?

Studios Fan

I was thinking one entrance could be through the wall in the Gag Warehouse. This building could block direct viewing from the central plaza. The other entrance could be through a tunnel similar similar to the one Eddie drove thru but closer to the Pixar Studios gate. What do you think should be in DHS Toon Town?

A Roger Rabbit dark ride would be nice, Pinocchio, etc.. :lol:

JLW11Hi

Toontown should definitely go near/in the animation courtyard. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid can't last forever, and the old animation building could be taken down, expanding out past it.

There should be a wild cartoony E-ticket ride as well as a slower Dark Ride like the Roger Rabbit one in Disneyland. I love that ride, but I'd love to see a fast paced Tex Avery style cartoon ride as well. Falling of cliffs, tearing through buildings, crashing into things here and there. Imagine Mr. Toads Wild Ride done with Indiana Jones Adventure style vehicles.

Timon

Toontown should definitely go near/in the animation courtyard. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid can't last forever, and the old animation building could be taken down, expanding out past it.

I agree about Little Mermaid especially after her new attraction opens. However I vote for the Animation Building to have Animators in both traditional and computer animation making movies of special projects agian. If you have ever been in that building (animators side) you would know just how special it is. You can only see 10% of this four story building from the guest side. There could be very exclusive tours given so others can experience that place, too. Truly magical. Sadly today it reminds me of Sleeping Beauty.

Studios Fan

I agree about Little Mermaid especially after her new attraction opens. However I vote for the Animation Building to have Animators in both traditional and computer animation making movies of special projects agian. If you have ever been in that building (animators side) you would know just how special it is. You can only see 10% of this four story building from the guest side. There could be very exclusive tours given so others can experience that place, too. Truly magical. Sadly today it reminds me of Sleeping Beauty.

I agree. They need to re-store the Animation Building to its former glory. Mermaid can go once the MK attraction opens.

NiarrNDisney

picture.php

This is a great idea!

Robert Zemeckis had this to say last April about Roger Rabbit. Could this be timing or what!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/377557/roger-rabbit-redux.jhtml

HMMM Very Interesting! :drevil:

Timon

Maybe it's just me but doesn't a Mickey, Donald & Goofy Dark Ride Adventure sound like an obvious attraction in a DHS Toon Town?

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

How about Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin?

picture.php

picture.php

I love this ride :) the queue alone can be considered an attraction, it's really well-themed and detailed.
*sigh*

WANT. So much. :eek:
Maybe it's just me but doesn't a Mickey, Donald & Goofy Dark Ride Adventure sound like an obvious attraction in a DHS Toon Town?

picture.php

That's a awesome idea, too. I would love to see a ride that finally features JUST the Fab 5.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom