A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

Sped2424

These games dont cost as much as a ride to make and they offer a new experience and something else to do for family's or anyone really wanting to experience something exciting. Sorcerers was a big hit and still remains to be so amongst kids and adults, there are always long lines to access the portals around the park. If you ask me this is great it gives people more to do and it amazes them when they see the environment come to life so to speak and interact with them and if it keeps people out of the lines for rides I say why not? In terms of disturbing the theme of adventure land lets be honest, that place has been a hodgepodge of adventure like stories since its opening as has Tomorrow land. So really I see nothing wrong with this new game, if anything I cant wait to try it out and show my friends next time I go.

Mouseketeer #1

These interactive things are pretty cool. It's just another way to get people away from the long lines and doing activities with their family. It also gives the parents a great opportunity to let their imaginations run free because instead of having to stand in line and listen to wailing children and other grumpy adults, they can be a part of the action. I hope they add more of these all around the parks!

Tom Morrow

These games dont cost as much as a ride to make and they offer a new experience and something else to do for family's or anyone really wanting to experience something exciting. Sorcerers was a big hit and still remains to be so amongst kids and adults, there are always long lines to access the portals around the park. If you ask me this is great it gives people more to do and it amazes them when they see the environment come to life so to speak and interact with them and if it keeps people out of the lines for rides I say why not? In terms of disturbing the theme of adventure land lets be honest, that place has been a hodgepodge of adventure like stories since its opening as has Tomorrow land. So really I see nothing wrong with this new game, if anything I cant wait to try it out and show my friends next time I go.
The problem is that they are essentially doing stuff like this as a way to address capacity issues and give new experiences in place of building actual attractions.

Sped2424

The problem is that they are essentially doing stuff like this as a way to address capacity issues and give new experiences in place of building actual attractions.
You could view it that way but they are still building new attractions its kinda unfair to say that they are using this only in place of building new rides. The interactive aspects are to only enhance what is there we still have a whole slew of things coming in the future hollywood studios update, mine train, something in animal kingdom.

doctornick

You could view it that way but they are still building new attractions its kinda unfair to say that they are using this only in place of building new rides.

What new attractions? The only new ride currently under construction is the 7DMT and that was announced years ago. It would be great if there really was other rides under construction, but despite strong rumors (Avatar, Cars Land/Monsters Inc door coaster), nothing has proceeded to the greenlit stage at this point.

bhg469

Loved Kim possible, Loathed sorcerers. You could just tell how much less thought and money was put into sorcerers. I just hope these attractions feature way more than a monitor.

WDWFREAK53

To me this seems a little "small."
Agent P and the Sorcerer's works because it's basically a scavenger hunt around the entire park (yes, Agent P is only in World Showcase, but it's a huge amount of land.) Adventureland seems too condensed for something like this.

This will be one of those "wait and see" type things for me.

It would be neat if they could incorporate something like these games into the Mobile app.

dreamfinder

To me this seems a little "small."
Agent P and the Sorcerer's works because it's basically a scavenger hunt around the entire park

Even though each of the individual quests of Sorcerer's take place in a given land? With about the same number of locations to stop at? I think if they do a controlled roll out, only allowing so many people to play per hour like they did when Kim Possible and Agent P first started and were very popular it shouldn't be a big issue.

Sped2424

What new attractions? The only new ride currently under construction is the 7DMT and that was announced years ago. It would be great if there really was other rides under construction, but despite strong rumors (Avatar, Cars Land/Monsters Inc door coaster), nothing has proceeded to the greenlit stage at this point.
But eventually it will most likely at d23

JustInTime

Why was my thread merged? It was specific to the experience brining back the Talking Parrot...people have been asking about him for years and he kinda deserves his own thread. Ehhh, whatever.

Scuttle

I can't wait, this already looks much more promising than sorcerers.

Looks better than sorcerers, but it's not nearly as good as it looked on the prints. I remember being pumped about this when I saw the prints last year, but the more I see the less excited I get.

Also those two "imagineers" are dull as hell. Would it kill to have a little charisma when your pushing your project?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This looks a lot more like Kim Possible than Sorcerers, which is a good thing. But will be interesting to see if there is any real game play to this one, and how long it will keep peoples interest, particular in the replay-ability.

Scuttle

This looks a lot more like Kim Possible than Sorcerers, which is a good thing. But will be interesting to see if there is any real game play to this one, and how long it will keep peoples interest, particular in the replay-ability.

This without a doubt has more interactivity than sorcerers. My main concern and you'd think it'd be TDO's main concern to is how is this going to affect guest flow? Are they going to have to set this on the beginner level like sorcerers?

HMF

Can't help but notice that the game map is just the SMK Adventureland map on a different angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom