A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

monorail81

Why was my thread merged? It was specific to the experience brining back the Talking Parrot...people have been asking about him for years and he kinda deserves his own thread. Ehhh, whatever.

Athought this is A talking parrot, this is nowhere near THE talking parrot. THE talking parrot was green, had a pirate hat and a personality. This parrot bears a striking resemblance to the parrot used in Mexico for the Agent P adventure...kinda like they had an extra animatronic...

HMF

Athought this is A talking parrot, this is nowhere near THE talking parrot. THE talking parrot was green, had a pirate hat and a personality. This parrot bears a striking resemblance to the parrot used in Mexico for the Agent P adventure...kinda like they had an extra animatronic...
Not to mention he is no where near where he used to be.
BCA104.jpg

Incidentally that spot now has a dumb temporary-looking cloth marquee hanging in front of it.
IMG_2515_thumb.jpg

The 2006 refurbishment really did significant artistic damage to Pirates in Walt Disney World.
http://strangefrighteningsoundsblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-ravaging-rant-about-pirates-of.html

bhg469

This without a doubt has more interactivity than sorcerers. My main concern and you'd think it'd be TDO's main concern to is how is this going to affect guest flow? Are they going to have to set this on the beginner level like sorcerers?
I don't see this having different difficulty levels. I would imagine they put these elements in areas that wouldn't block ques or popular spots.

HMF

Couldn't agree more... The Sparrow-fication and other changes are horrible.
I would argue that if they wanted to just throw a few Jack AAs into the existing scenes that would have been fine in my book. My issue is they changed the ride to revolve around him and in a non-senseical manner making it even worse.

BoarderPhreak

I would argue that if they wanted to just throw a few Jack AAs into the existing scenes that would have been fine in my book. My issue is they changed the ride to revolve around him and in a non-senseical manner making it even worse.
Indeed, indeed. Unfortunately, it's broken quarantine and is invading Adventureland now.

There's also the slew of "PC modifications" from the 90s (e.g. the women chasing the pirates) as well.

"This is not your grandfather's PotC."

Vader2112

I love the original POTC ride the Sparrow additions are ridiculous. Sorry not a big fan of the movies can never really get into them maybe I am just old now. Maybe my 3 y/o will enjoy the game?

HMF

Indeed, indeed. Unfortunately, it's broken quarantine and is invading Adventureland now.

There's also the slew of "PC modifications" from the 90s (e.g. the women chasing the pirates) as well.

"This is not your grandfather's PotC."
The PC changes were dumb, but definitely no where near as damaging as the majority of the movie changes.

Dragonrider1227

The problem is that they are essentially doing stuff like this as a way to address capacity issues and give new experiences in place of building actual attractions.
Or you could say they are re-inventing what an attraction is
The PC changes were dumb, but definitely no where near as damaging as the majority of the movie changes.
I beg to differ. No amount of movie tie-ins screwed up POTC the way making politically correct killers and thieves.

Dragonrider1227

I agree. It is actually the one part of the change I don't understand or like. I think they could've easily have made the exact same changes without having to resort to making it look like the whole pirate world centers around him.
But that's another rant for another thread

HMF

I agree. It is actually the one part of the change I don't understand or like. I think they could've easily have made the exact same changes without having to resort to making it look like the whole pirate world centers around him.
But that's another rant for another thread
Exactly, What is even more frusturating is if you watch interviews with the Imagineers involved in the project ,They act as though all they did was add a few Jack AA's without altering the attraction in any other major way when in fact they altered the dialouge of three classic scenes.

Tom Morrow

I hate the changed dialogue too, but until now I never thought of the fact that the village has no reason to "harbor" Jack Sparrow, yet apparently it is.

HMF

I hate the changed dialogue too, but until now I never thought of the fact that the village has no reason to "harbor" Jack Sparrow, yet apparently it is.
That is my big issue with the 06 refurb. I understand that people wanted to see Jack in the ride and I think the actual figures are splendid and well placed, My issue is them changing the ride to revolve around him. The fact that the revised dialouge makes absolutely no contextual or logical sense, Mentions Jack by name numeorous times undermines a running-gag in the actual film,Only Jack refers to himself as "Captain Jack Sparrow" yet in the ride all the pirates mention his full title every time and of course the fact that the movie was "supposedly" based on the original ride thus by significantly altering the ride you are altering the movies source material (Even though the films particularly the first actually have less to do with the original ride than Disney's publicists would like you to believe.)
Also the WDW version in particular suffered some serious thematic damage most notably on the exterior, queue and Grotto (although the Grotto damage was thankfully partially remidied with the Mermaid additions last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom