A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

Bairstow

You are highly overselling the addition of another spinner.

I was actually thinking of Mermaid eating more people per hour than Snow White, but doubling Dumbo was nice too.
My point remains the same. If we're talking about parks that need more attractions in general and rides specifically the Magic Kingdom shouldn't even be in the conversation.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Ah, it says Spring, I guess they better get a move on.

I read it will be similar to the Wilderness Explorers scavenger hunts they have in part of DCA. It's just following clues to things that are already there. Find certain animals etc. They don't have to install lots of things like the other scavenger games WDW already has.

NewfieFan

We got to test this as well a few days ago. We were not picked or asked by a CM if we wanted to play, instead we just happened to be walking by the sign-up building and I noticed both doors were open and there was a CM inside dressed as a pirate. I walked in with my family and he asked us if we wanted to search for treasure (in a pirate-y voice). He didn't give us a lot of instructions but just handed us the talisman and directed us to the screen. I got the feeling they were trying to gauge how long it took for people to figure it out on their own (but I could be wrong). The kids tried to put the talisman on the screen a couple of times before we figured out the spot to the right of the screen was what activated our adventure. We then took our map (Guardians Curse) and we were off. We only did 4 of the spots on the map as well and it didn't take very long at all. A plain clothes CM met us at the end and thanked us for testing and asked us a few questions. She specifically asked if there was anything complicated or confusing. My husband did mention it took the kids (and us) a few seconds to figure out where to put the talisman at the beginning of the game, as well at a couple of spots that we visited. But it wasn't a big deal and we figured it out in a few seconds. I told them the effects were really well done and excited the children.

I think it's a fine addition and really suits the theme in Adventureland. I'm not sure how much replay ability it would have... but seeing as how my children enjoy doing the same World Showcase Adventures over and over again at Epcot... I'm guessing children that get the luxury to visit multiple times will probably want to replay this as well.

The effects are really well done and caused a lot of people that were nearby to stop and watch what we were doing. We even saw some people going up to it after and touching the props trying to make stuff happen. As soon as our adventure ended we walked by the sign-up building and both doors were closed and there wasn't a CM to be found. I guess we walked in at just the right time...

Any questions, feel free to ask!

We got to test this as well a few days ago. We were not picked or asked by a CM if we wanted to play, instead we just happened to be walking by the sign-up building and I noticed both doors were open and there was a CM inside dressed as a pirate. I walked in with my family and he asked us if we wanted to search for treasure (in a pirate-y voice). He didn't give us a lot of instructions but just handed us the talisman and directed us to the screen. I got the feeling they were trying to gauge how long it took for people to figure it out on their own (but I could be wrong). The kids tried to put the talisman on the screen a couple of times before we figured out the spot to the right of the screen was what activated our adventure. We then took our map (Guardians Curse) and we were off. We only did 4 of the spots on the map as well and it didn't take very long at all. A plain clothes CM met us at the end and thanked us for testing and asked us a few questions. She specifically asked if there was anything complicated or confusing. My husband did mention it took the kids (and us) a few seconds to figure out where to put the talisman at the beginning of the game, as well at a couple of spots that we visited. But it wasn't a big deal and we figured it out in a few seconds. I told them the effects were really well done and excited the children.

I think it's a fine addition and really suits the theme in Adventureland. I'm not sure how much replay ability it would have... but seeing as how my children enjoy doing the same World Showcase Adventures over and over again at Epcot... I'm guessing children that get the luxury to visit multiple times will probably want to replay this as well.

The effects are really well done and caused a lot of people that were nearby to stop and watch what we were doing. We even saw some people going up to it after and touching the props trying to make stuff happen. As soon as our adventure ended we walked by the sign-up building and both doors were closed and there wasn't a CM to be found. I guess we walked in at just the right time...

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for this detail of your experience! It sounds really neat!

We're going this weekend and I would love to catch this in testing! My kids are huge fans of the Agent P Adventures and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

Where is the actual signup building, so we can keep an eye out for the open doors?

bhg469

I am pretty excited to try this as I am a fan of the world showcase game. Sorcerers is just awful in comparison solely based on the use of monitors and not much else.

erikespo

Thanks for this detail of your experience! It sounds really neat!

We're going this weekend and I would love to catch this in testing! My kids are huge fans of the Agent P Adventures and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

Where is the actual signup building, so we can keep an eye out for the open doors?

Sign up building is near the exit of Adventureland leading to Frontierland. You can see the building on the new park maps just south of #28.

It appears they are taking it into full swing beta testing as everyone had pirate maps and they encouraged us to come back and try more maps.

There a 5 different maps when we played, Heads You Lose, The King's Ransom, Gaurdian's Curse, Haven Defense and Blackbeard. Blackbeard was not 'playing' today so we did the other 4.

The same "talisman" is used for all the maps. (Talisman is a thin, cardboard pentagon shaped card with an RFID tag embedded. The RFID tag uses NFC. Manufacturer of our tag was Infineon Technologies AG (Germany). Tag Type my-d(TM) move (SLE 66R01P) Looks like it is mostly a blank NFC with an ID and that info could be stored on the tag if disney wanted. Maybe they do as you are playing, because you can't just go to any adventure site. If you go to a random one, you will get a funny line about being off course and to go back to your last working one.

It appears they are still working on adventure site locations as not all of them were built yet.

The adventure were different for people with the same map. Some being sent to 1 location and other to another.

All in all it was pretty cool. Once all 5 maps and all adventure sites are up, it will be even more fun. We spent about an hour and 1/2 doing 4 of them. Which was great cause it killed time to our next fast pass (too much actually because we were 5 minutes late. We were still allowed on though)

Erik

erikespo

Pictures of the Map fronts and Talisman

maps.jpg

talisman1.jpg

talisman2.jpg

bonofuzz

Sign up building is near the exit of Adventureland leading to Frontierland. You can see the building on the new park maps just south of #28.

It appears they are taking it into full swing beta testing as everyone had pirate maps and they encouraged us to come back and try more maps.

There a 5 different maps when we played, Heads You Lose, The King's Ransom, Gaurdian's Curse, Haven Defense and Blackbeard. Blackbeard was not 'playing' today so we did the other 4.

The same "talisman" is used for all the maps. (Talisman is a thin, cardboard pentagon shaped card with an RFID tag embedded. The RFID tag uses NFC. Manufacturer of our tag was Infineon Technologies AG (Germany). Tag Type my-d(TM) move (SLE 66R01P) Looks like it is mostly a blank NFC with an ID and that info could be stored on the tag if disney wanted. Maybe they do as you are playing, because you can't just go to any adventure site. If you go to a random one, you will get a funny line about being off course and to go back to your last working one.

It appears they are still working on adventure site locations as not all of them were built yet.

The adventure were different for people with the same map. Some being sent to 1 location and other to another.

All in all it was pretty cool. Once all 5 maps and all adventure sites are up, it will be even more fun. We spent about an hour and 1/2 doing 4 of them. Which was great cause it killed time to our next fast pass (too much actually because we were 5 minutes late. We were still allowed on though)

Erik

Agreed - the best use of these games is during the fastpass waiting window. We played four of these maps yesterday and overall thought it was a fun diversion. I would recommend playing it at night because it seems like there are cool lighting effects built into each of the stations that get lost during the daylight.

ChevisMickey

This was up and running full steam. Since they are located just in Adventureland there is no going back and forth across half the park looking for the different stations. It has some Phineas & Ferb elements to it, like a pirate rising out of the water, or the tiki poles revealing hidden treasure. Quick games, small location, so in all a fun little diversion. All you need is a map and a 'key' (pass, room key, or talisman they give out).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom