A look inside the new Disney Story Room family suites at Disney's Art of Animation

lebeau

When we booked the CM told me that the LM rooms are not yet available for booking (so we went with All Stars Movies) and she had no idea when they would be ready. She said that they are concentrating on getting the suites ready since that is the focus of this resort.

That makes sense. They already have value rooms. The suites will be something new.

2013 is looking good.

devoy1701

That's the Inovabed. Look at the other images. You can see the "cabinet shell" around the pictures above the head of the bed.

I am still irked that they removed the pullout sleeper chair.

I was also refering to the stainless steel diamond cut facing and black counter and cabinet features as well. Looks like a Craftsman series!

lebeau

The whole thing costs more. The CM did tell me that the LM rooms, although standard rooms, will still be slightly higher than the other Values.

I'm willing to pay "slightly higher". I don't need a suite. But the rooms are bound to be newer and the girls would go nuts for an LM room. Seems worth it to me.

In a few years when the kids won't care any more, no way. But for now, definitely worth it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm willing to pay "slightly higher". I don't need a suite. But the rooms are bound to be newer and the girls would go nuts for an LM room. Seems worth it to me.

In a few years when the kids won't care any more, no way. But for now, definitely worth it.

And you're in their target demographic for the time being. Nothing wrong with that. You and your family like the theming in the rooms, as will many others....:)

devoy1701

I wonder how much more of this we're going to see in the years coming since Disney realizes they can charge more for these "themed" rooms...especially since we already have the Pirates themed rooms at CBR and we'll have the Royal Themed rooms at Port Orleans. (I feel like I'm missing a set)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more retro-fitting of existing rooms to be able to get that higher price point. I could see this happening in POP, any of the All Stars, and even Coronado. Could even see them getting the crazy idea to spread it to the Deluxe level... Stitch theme at Poly.... Wall-E at Contemp. I hope not...but could see it as a definite possibility.

G00fyDad

If you want to pay $200-$300 a night for a room with fixtures that can be found in my garage go right ahead.

I was also refering to the stainless steel diamond cut facing and black counter and cabinet features as well. Looks like a Craftsman series!

That's kind of the whole point of the Cars theming. But if that isn't your idea of comfortable then that's okay. Of all the rooms they will have there the ones that we would care the most to stay in would be the Cars section. It just feels neat to us.

I know what you mean. My kids are already there. A 16 year old girl and an 8 year old boy. My daughter could almost care less about going to Disney (We'll be getting blood work done soon to make sure she wasn't switched at birth :) ) and my son could care less what the rooms look like. He thinks the way I do, realistic. The rooms all look the same when your eyes are closed and we spend so little time in them so who cares. I know, others do spend a lot of time in the resort. Please don't flame me. I wasn't bashing your habits. LOL I just meant that we don't spend much time in them.

Tinkerbell 8

We don't have kids, but my husband has already said he wants to stay in one of the new rooms. We were planning on bringing a friend with us on our next trip so this might be a good idea for us, even not I would still stay here for a few nights. I love being completely surrounded by Disney when I'm there, it keeps the magic going. I can see why people would think they are tacky, cause well, they are, but for people with kids, or for those of us that are kids at heart and love one of these specific movies, I think it will be great. :sohappy:

wilkeliza

My boyfriend has already said we are either going to have to get some friends together so we can stay in a Finding Nemo room or he'll spend the extra just so he can see it. He loves Finding Nemo so if we spend a night or two and he is happy so be it just means he has to save more haha

COProgressFan

For desiging rooms that will be insanely popular? :shrug:

How do you know they will be insanely popular? There is a rather significant number of guests (older adults, newlywed couples, conventioneers, families with older children, etc.) who would likely have no interest in staying in rooms that essentially seem to be designed for preschoolers.

Its fine if you have preschoolers and like over the top Disney character designs, but they certainly have limited their audience here, perhaps more than any other resort. Between the decor and the price, there are lots of folks who would never stay here, even with small kids.

hpyhnt 1000

Meh. Still have yet to be impressed by any of these character themed rooms (including the Pirates and Royal rooms, though I do think the Pirates theme is the best so far) but I'm not the target audience so what does it matter? :shrug:

lebeau

And you're in their target demographic for the time being. Nothing wrong with that. You and your family like the theming in the rooms, as will many others....:)

No doubt. If every room on property looked like these, I'd be as mad as any body. But Disney would have to be crazy not to build rooms like these. Families with young kids like mine will be more than happy to fork out the extra few bucks for Art of Animation.

In a few years, we won't be in the target demo anymore. But someone else will be.

nolatron

There is a rather significant number of guests (older adults, newlywed couples, conventioneers, families with older children, etc.) who would likely have no interest in staying in rooms that essentially seem to be designed for preschoolers.

So go stay at one of the other 17+ resorts on property. Problem solved.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No doubt. If every room on property looked like these, I'd be as mad as any body. But Disney would have to be crazy not to build rooms like these. Families with young kids like mine will be more than happy to fork out the extra few bucks for Art of Animation.

In a few years, we won't be in the target demo anymore. But someone else will be.

Right, and Disney knows the interest these rooms will generate, suites or no. I have no interest in them, other than I like the idea of a "suite," but I probably wouldn't pay extra for the theming. But there will undoubtedly be others whom will take my place.

And like you said, these rooms are in the minority by far.....

dreamscometrue

How do you know they will be insanely popular? There is a rather significant number of guests (older adults, newlywed couples, conventioneers, families with older children, etc.) who would likely have no interest in staying in rooms that essentially seem to be designed for preschoolers.

Its fine if you have preschoolers and like over the top Disney character designs, but they certainly have limited their audience here, perhaps more than any other resort. Between the decor and the price, there are lots of folks who would never stay here, even with small kids.

I'm quite sure that Disney did their demographic research and knows exactly how many of these to construct. I too think they will be popular, as are POP and the All-Stars.

Btw, we are DVC members, have nobody in our family under age 20, and we all agree that we want to stay there. :)

GatorGuy

IMHO the rooms aren't soo tacky, yes they are a little bright and colorful but they serve their intention.

I cannot wait to see more on the Lion King rooms and buildings (the rooms look beautiful) although I am quite dissapointed the LK buildings won't have a pool, it could have been themed to the 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?' scene.

lebeau

They have limited their audience. But I suspect they have limited their audience to a subset that is still large enough to fill the place even at the higher price point.

I am guessing. I could be wrong. But the Nickelodeon Suites are very successful and this is clearly modeled on that concept. It doesn't have to appeal to everyone (or even the majority) to be smashingly successful. And I think that will be the case here.

lebeau

Right, and Disney knows the interest these rooms will generate, suites or no. I have no interest in them, other than I like the idea of a "suite," but I probably wouldn't pay extra for the theming. But there will undoubtedly be others whom will take my place.

And like you said, these rooms are in the minority by far.....

Exactly. They don't appeal to the majority because they aren't meant to. But they will be a home run for the (still very large) minority they were designed for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom