A look inside the new Disney Story Room family suites at Disney's Art of Animation

flavious27

Never mind, answered my own question.

$250/night for off season and $350+/night during the busier seasons!!! Once again, WDW manages to put lodging out of the reach of the working man. The $250 I can handle, but obviously you are limited as to when you can go at that point. But $350+ a night is exorbitant. That's more than what I paid for a room at the Wilderness Lodge.

$250? That isn't much less than the cabins.

My children have stayed at Value, Mods., Deluxes, and Villas... and let me tell you, kids are kids! They like big, colorful, tacky, etc.!!! My kids were more amazed with the elevator in Kidani Village than they were with the artifacts displayed!

The fact of the matter is (and yes, this is fact - Disney wouldn't be building these if they didn't think so) these rooms will be filled and the parents will be happy and the children will be happy!

And kids love overly processed food, doesn't mean that is what they should get it all the time. There are ways that disney can design to appeal to all members of the family.

NewfieFan

$250? That isn't much less than the cabins.

And kids love overly processed food, doesn't mean that is what they should get it all the time. There are ways that disney can design to appeal to all members of the family.

Are you comparing staying in a "tacky" suite to eating doughnuts for breakfast? That's really stretching it, don't ya think? I didn't know staying in a suite in AoA was bad for their health... Disney should look into that!?!

Come on! Let's keep this on topic! Disney built the suites to appeal to families with young children and they will do just that! And the parents will like staying there as well... b/c parents like to make their kids happy and the children's tastes become the parents's tastes. Staying in a hotel room b/c your child will enjoy the decor is not same as giving them Happy Meals everyday! :rolleyes:

And if you noticed my original post my children get a healthy diet of Value, Mod., Deluxe, and Villa resorts anyway! :animwink: :cool:

lebeau

Translation: If it does not appeal to me, Disney should not built it. They are my parks, dammit! :cry:

:brick:

lebeau

Are you comparing staying in a "tacky" suite to eating doughnuts for breakfast? That's really stretching it, don't ya think? I didn't know staying in a suite in AoA was bad for their health... Disney should look into that!?!

Come on! Let's keep this on topic! Disney built the suites to appeal to families with young children and they will do just that! And the parents will like staying there as well... b/c parents like to make their kids happy and the children's tastes become the parents's tastes. Staying in a hotel room b/c your child will enjoy the decor is not same as giving them Happy Meals everyday! :rolleyes:

And if you noticed my original post my children get a healthy diet of Value, Mod., Deluxe, and Villa resorts anyway! :animwink: :cool:

It's the same old, same old. When people say that Disney should appeal to everyone, they really mean everything should appeal to them. Despite the fact that Disney has been very clear that they are pursuing niche markets going forward.

These people can expect to be disappointed a lot more in the future.

flavious27

Translation: If it does not appeal to me, Disney should not built it. They are my parks, dammit! :cry:

:brick:

No, translation is don't make $250 a night rooms that are as one dimensional design wise as the disney tvs they sell at toys r us.

What kind of donuts are you eating? I am referring to the junk food and fast food that kids love.

I saw that your kids have gotten a taste of the full range of disney's designs, which is good for them. I don't have a problem with disney using different elements from their IP to create designs for the hotels and the park in general, but they should appeal to all groups like how Walt wanted DL to appeal to everyone.

Most of the design elements I don't have that much of a problem with, but there are things that wdi should have reconsidered.

For the nemo suite, the finish on the furniture looks cheaper than anything ikea sells. The carpet pattern could have been something that looks more like an ocean floor, like this:

taipingcarpets.com-ocean.JPG

For the cars suite, the stickers for the various shops in radiator springs would look more authentic if they had a more weathered look.

For the Lion King suite, that weird headboard enclosure thing looks out of place.

lebeau

I don't have a problem with disney using different elements from their IP to create designs for the hotels and the park in general, but they should appeal to all groups like how Walt wanted DL to appeal to everyone.

Well, as long as you don't have a problem with it... :rolleyes:

People misuse that Walt quote all the time. If everything in all the parks had to appeal to everybody, you'd have to get ride of every ride with a height restriction.

Oh, but you like those, right? So I guess they don't need to appeal to everyone. But if it doesn't appeal to you, Walt would disapprove.

Most of the design elements I don't have that much of a problem with, but there are things that wdi should have reconsidered.

For the nemo suite, the finish on the furniture looks cheaper than anything ikea sells. The carpet pattern could have been something that looks more like an ocean floor, like this:

taipingcarpets.com-ocean.JPG

For the cars suite, the stickers for the various shops in radiator springs would look more authentic if they had a more weathered look.

For the Lion King suite, that weird headboard enclosure thing looks out of place.

Yeah, those are the kinds of things most guests are going to be concerned about...

BigTxEars

The counter/cabinets in the CARS themed room are the same kind that most people put in their garage...just a thought...

I think that fits, it Cars...garage...works for me...... :ROFLOL:

Honestly I like em, they look like a great family room. The beauty of it is that with so many resorts on site Disney can build and design things that all different types of people like and dislike.

Anybody doubt these things are going to be jammed packed full for a while after they become available?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom