A look inside the new Disney Story Room family suites at Disney's Art of Animation

fractal

Maybe 10 years ago I would have considered staying there - but not now with two teenagers. I can't say that about any other Disney resort.

Seems like they are really targeting that young family demographic.

lebeau

Good catch. I didn't realize the LM rooms were standard rooms. I pulled up a ressie for July-ish and saw $345/night for a suite. Doh!

I only caught it because I know my daughter would love to stay here and there's no way I'm paying for a suite unless someone else comes along to share the suite and split the costs.

Sounds like we can both breathe a sigh of relief.

bferrara16

Congrats to Disney for building the hotel rooms that I used to describe when I was explaining what the rooms at Disney DON'T look like (to those people that didn't quite get my Disney obsession)...

I'm sure they will be a hit with the families they are targeted for, though.

DisneyRunner

The room design seems gaudy, over the top, to me. Maybe they will tone it down, before the public actually stays in the room. Haven't they heard of KISS (keep it simple st**id).

Disneykidder

The Nemo room seems the most themed but that carpet...I think it would make me dizzy if staying there for a week. But $395.....hmmm, for that price i'd rather stay at the Poly or somewhere else.
We stayed at a family suite in ASMu 3 years ago and loved the room but I don't remember paying that much. Sure it wasn't in your face themed but it was spacious and fit our needs. Now that we are a family of 5 we will need a room like this but i'd rather get 2 adjoining rooms at a mod.:)

WDWmazprty

I haven't tried. I see the suites are on the website but not the LM rooms. I thought the LM rooms were going to be available first. But perhaps I am mistaken.

Yeah, we're actually waiting for them to be available because we don't need a suite. I haven't talked to a CM about it yet though. I hope they'll be available soon.

G00fyDad

The counter/cabinets in the CARS themed room are the same kind that most people put in their garage...just a thought...

That's the Inovabed. Look at the other images. You can see the "cabinet shell" around the pictures above the head of the bed.

I am still irked that they removed the pullout sleeper chair.

G00fyDad

Yeah, we're actually waiting for them to be available because we don't need a suite. I haven't talked to a CM about it yet though. I hope they'll be available soon.

When we booked the CM told me that the LM rooms are not yet available for booking (so we went with All Stars Movies) and she had no idea when they would be ready. She said that they are concentrating on getting the suites ready since that is the focus of this resort.

WDWmazprty

When we booked the CM told me that the LM rooms are not yet available for booking (so we went with All Stars Movies) and she had no idea when they would be ready. She said that they are concentrating on getting the suites ready since that is the focus of this resort.

Thanks! Yeah, concentrating on the suites because they cost more! :lol:

lebeau

I strongly doubt we're going in 2012, but I was curious. It's possible if the rooms are available and the FL expansion is done and the stars align, we may make it down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom