A celebrity offered $100,000 + to stay in the castle suite.....

mickeysaver

It was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

I heard this same answer from a CM that works concierge over at the Poly in the Fall of last year. He said they offered money, they offered to perform in the parks even, but Disney said "No thanks" which I thought was great!

Keep the suite for an award or for the Make a Wish kids. IMHO, it should never be rented out.

I asked about guests from countrys in Latin America or the Middle East...she said..."NOPE"

:lookaroun

My guess on who it was:

Michael Jackson

:eek:

I guess the only way I will is if I win the contest

Now lets see........

1 trip every few years

+

Only a week at a time

=

I have a better chance getting struck by lighting every day for a week then a chance to win a night in the castle.....

So I guess Ill start dreaming about somthin else...

Thanks disney

Don't give up! It's Disney, magical things happen there. :D

SGT623

HA! These are good...how about:

There is a better chance of lightning striking your winning lottery ticket than getting chosen to stay in the castle suite

Rob562

As for the tax situation, you may be right. Since a value is applied to the Dream Suite, though, it could be that instead the reverse of what I said is true - since a value has been assessed (even if it is below our taxable limit), those from countries where taxes would be required on larger, more high-profile prizes are excluded so that the citizens don't have to pay anything. Obviously, I really don't know...I'm just basing my ideas here off what the guide told us. It is a shame not everyone can win the big prize, though.

Well, if you want to talk about "the big prize" in terms of monetary value, I'd much rather win one of the other prizes that they only give away one or two of in the entire contest.

The most expensive prizes are the two DVC memberships, which value at $87,361. Of course this is a huge amount because the prize also includes the estimated annual dues ($33,156) and money to cover approximately all the taxes of winning such a prize ($30,576).

There's also a collection of Disney trips worth over $59k, the Grand Marshall tour worth almost $37k, and the Priavte Island prize worth $42k. THere are also many other prizes in the $7k-20k range.

It's more likely THOSE big prizes that the residential requirements come into play.

Oh, and to play the role of the cynic for a moment... Disney may have said no to selling a night in the castle because if they did, they may not have enough nights left to give away as many stays as the rules say. The rules say that they'll be giving away 310 nights in the Suite. With 366 days this year, that only leaves 56 nights with non-winners. And most of those are because of after-hours parties in the MK. If Disney started selling nights in the castle before the giveaway ended, they might find themselves unable to give away enough suite stays by the end of the year to stay within the laws governing the contest. (If they say the contest will be giving away 310 stays, they HAVE to give away 310 stays)

-Rob

Ilovewishes

Am I the only person that has thought it would make an amazing bridal suite?

Of course, they would have to find a way round choosing which newly wed couple got the suite at night...Might be a small problem there...

Obviously, I'm not as charitable as the rest of you!

Disneykidder

I am glad Disney didn't give in to the celebrity. It would have been very easy for them to make that $100,000 and i'm sure they have had other offers even higher. Some celebrities think they can get whatever they want, simply for being famous. Than there are the rich who think they can buy whatever they want. I am glad Disney treated them like everyone else.

As for what the castle suite or even the DL dream suite will be used for after the promotions are over, I'd love to see it used for winners and charities. Someone said that most kids would love to stay in the suites and how to decide who gets it...that would be tough and I don't know how they'd consider who was luckier than another.

I am sure Disney has something in store for it.

jstainfield

I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the suite when I was there in December and the Cast Member who took us on the tour told us about the large money offer, she said it was Faith Hill & Tim McGraw. She further said it was going to be used for MAW after the year of a million dreams was over. The photo I use is of the crown in the foyer in the suite

radiohost

Original Poster
I have donated money to Make A Wish.....I stand for everything make a wish is.

One of the most cherishing moments of my life came when I worked with a Make A Wish family in my college program in 2006.

But.....

Are you all telling me that the only way a child or family can dream to have a night stay in the castle suite is if they become apart of a Make A Wish family....due to horrible circumstances???

C'mon people

nbodyhome

When we stayed in the castle (December), we were told that a million dollars had been turned down (by some Dream Squad members).

I hope it is used for Make a Wish and GKTW, that would be awesome.

Denise

slappy magoo

Man, this thread makes me laugh. You shouldn't trust anything Glenn Beck says. You shouldn't trust anything cast members tell you (that's not in writing). Yet, we should believe what Glenn Beck says a cast members says? The two negatives supposed to cancel each other out? :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

sweetpee_1993

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I hope they dismantle it after the YOAMD. We all know that won't happen, tho.

As someone else stated, why limit the suite to only the Make A Wish kids or other charities? The suite could be used so many ways. How about awarding stays to standout CMs??? That would be great. I think random selections from guests in the parks would be nice just to keep the daydream alive. I hope that they don't limit it to only certain charity guests. The could do a mix of CM's, charities, and random guests without ever resorting to renting it out. Renting it out would totally cheapen the entire thing. You know?

radiohost

Original Poster
Man, this thread makes me laugh. You shouldn't trust anything Glenn Beck says. You shouldn't trust anything cast members tell you (that's not in writing). Yet, we should believe what Glenn Beck says a cast members says? The two negatives supposed to cancel each other out? :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Oh please, what a waste of a post...

nbodyhome

I really like Glenn Beck.

And as I mentioned, this was told to ME by the Dreams Squad when my parents won the suite. Except that the figure was like a million dollars, not just 100k. Either way, it sounded believable. I would expect to pay 5k - 10k per night if it ever did get rented to the public.

I think auctioning nights off for Give Kids the World would be wonderful too, so anyone would have a chance at staying there on some nights (and money would go to a great organization). It was a very nice experience for me, and it'd be nice if there were opportunities for anyone to pay for a night.

Denise

radiohost

Original Poster
I really like Glenn Beck.

And as I mentioned, this was told to ME by the Dreams Squad when my parents won the suite. Except that the figure was like a million dollars, not just 100k. Either way, it sounded believable. I would expect to pay 5k - 10k per night if it ever did get rented to the public.

I think auctioning nights off for Give Kids the World would be wonderful too, so anyone would have a chance at staying there on some nights (and money would go to a great organization). It was a very nice experience for me, and it'd be nice if there were opportunities for anyone to pay for a night.

Denise

Perfect post......

1. You cant just limit those who get to stay there to just certain groups...aka Give Kids te World, Make A Wish, Luck Winners and those who pay money.

2. Let everyone have at least SOME OPPURTUNITY to get a nights stay, either they win, pay or are awarded it through some type of service.

3. The fact that cast members cant stay there is obsurd. They work way to hard to be counted out from a nights stay. I know cast members have been surprised with a nights stay. But say my family goes down and are at the parks without me. They are disqualified because I work there, yet they spend the same amount of money at the parks as every other guest.

4. I highly doubt Glenn Beck would devote the entire second half of his show to wdw and lie about it all. To say he would is, in fact, laughable Magoo

Radiohost:cool:

If you want to use the room for charity it makes much more sense to sell nights for large sums of money and then donate that money to charitable organizations. Think of what an organizationn like make a wish could do with 100,000 dollar donations. It would help a lot more people then just having onen family in the suite for each night. Even if they sold the room out for one third of the nights think of the money they could make or donate. It just makes sense.

nbodyhome

3. The fact that cast members cant stay there is obsurd.

Well, cast members COULD stay. If you had a friend who won, there is nothing in the rules to say you can't stay with them.

You and your family just can't win. It is too bad, but that is the type of rules for most contests. In the end, I think I'd rather see it rented out for $5k or so per night, with the money going to GKTW. That way, average guests could stay there - after saving for a while, anyway! And maybe once a week, the suite get donated to a wish family or for great cast members.

The only thing is - Disney would be fielding thousands of calls for each night available. Much worse than CRT used to be at 90 days!

Oh - and I've been a fan of Glen Beck since he was in the Tampa area (where I used to live).

Denise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom