A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmaya

I think that would be a great idea.
I actually still have shirts that they first sold at WDW when Captain EO just started up. They discontinued them very shortly afterwards. I'd love to see Captain EO in 3D again.

In 1991 my family and I got to sit a couple table from Michael at the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue. It was pretty wild. He was still very very popular at the time. Here is a shot of him during the dinner.

3663152000_ab6a7250ba.jpg

Lucky!

My mom followed him to every one of his concerts in the 80's :)

Thrill Seeker

Personally, I'd love to see a limited engagement revival run during a major rehab of the Imagination Pavilion. Disney could shut down JIIwF and Imageworks to be worked on while HISTA is replaced with a limited run of Captain EO in 3-D. Once the rehab of the rest of the pavilion is completed, they can shut down the Magic Eye Theater for refurbishment and getting it ready for a new film. That would make a lot of logical sence.

JEANYLASER

Lucky too! I wanted to see Captain EO Back! Oh! go to CaptainEO.com and sign the Petition to bring Captain EO on DVD!

Goofy316

I have never seen this at the parks. I had a comic and I did see part of it on you tube but never in the parks the way it should be seen. I would like to see it happen but I dont think they will bring it back short or long term.

Everyone has there own opinions and sees things their own way. I think Michael was a great, possibly even the best, performer that I have ever seen. As a person he was obviously strange and introverted. Everyone has their own thoughts on his trial, I dont think he did it, but a lot of people think he did. He will be missed as he should be.

Bellayellow450

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I really really think it would be so awesome and fitting if Captain EO was revived permenantly at all the parks, or at least MK in Florida:rolleyes:...... but who knows what will happen.

CaptainJackNO

Nothing against Michael Jackson, I grew up with him. Watching the Beat it, Thriller, and Billie Jean videos brought me back to my childhood. However, I don't think this is necessary. Times and technology have moved on and I think many would be surprised how far the technology has come. The loss of this music pioneer is sad; however, doing this, in my opinion has many drawbacks, among them would be bringing back this attraction in this situtaion would be viewed as profiteering since there was no plan of doing this prior to Michael Jackson's passing.

Figment632

Am I the only one who thought this ride was corny and MJ trying to act like a tough space captain doenst work. It was by far the worst #D film they ever did.

SirGoofy

Am I the only one who thought this ride was corny and MJ trying to act like a tough space captain doenst work. It was by far the worst #D film they ever did.

No, the current inhabitant of the Magic Eye is the worst 3-D film they ever did. Captain EO was incredibly entertaining.

Jasonflz

No, the current inhabitant of the Magic Eye is the worst 3-D film they ever did. Captain EO was incredibly entertaining.

Anything is better than what is there currently. I do really hope they re-release it at least in Imax.

Layzbuttercup

Figment632...I think that is a bit harsh...It is obvioulsy a masterpiece and generations who have not been graced with it should have the opportunity to experience the space captain bring goodness and light into darkness with music and dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom