A Bazillion Brazilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like the problem isn't necessarily a certain nationality or groups who are not American, it's rude people. And like someone else who has been to Brazil stated, their culture is much different from that in this country. As I've stated before in other threads about different cultures, etc. if I were to visit another country I would do so with respect to their culture because it is the country AND culture I CHOSE voluntarily to experience. Thus, if someone else from another country visits our country (and, no, I really don't care if they paid more, less, or the same as I would to visit a theme park) I feel that they should do so with respect to our country and it's culture. I don't care if you're a rude teenager or a visitor from another country, if you wrong me or one of my children I will say something about it and defend myself appropriately.

To the person who indicated that the tour groups chanting about their country isn't any different than a group of American kids chanting or singing about our country, there IS a BIG difference. They're in America. For my kids to chant or sing about America in America is most definitely appropriate. I wouldn't want my children going to some other country carrying on making fools of themselves and a mockery of someone else's home. This is because I've raised my sons appropriately and taught them respect. Again, it comes back to culture. When you are in another country you most certainly should be respectful of the culture of that land.

If you travel state to state within the US you are subject to the laws of the place you are in. If you travel from country to country you are subject to those laws of that country.

For the life of me I do not understand why people repeatedly think that as Americans we should just lay down and accept the crap and sometimes abuse we get dealt by people who come into our country just because they are from somewhere else. I won't do it. And if those visitors don't like it they can just go home. I don't go to other countries expecting special treatment and/or priveledges. Don't come here expecting such.

And, I think it was Cooleo, who indicated how overly expensive things are in Brazil with lesser quality. Obviously these tour folks have plenty of resources that they can afford to travel internationally. Kind of hard to feel sorry for them. I could afford to travel abroad but choose to spend my money differently. I'm sure those people could as well.

Hear Hear!:sohappy: OR so as not to offend - Here Here!:wave:

Cheshire413

I feel like the problem isn't necessarily a certain nationality or groups who are not American, it's rude people. And like someone else who has been to Brazil stated, their culture is much different from that in this country. As I've stated before in other threads about different cultures, etc. if I were to visit another country I would do so with respect to their culture because it is the country AND culture I CHOSE voluntarily to experience. Thus, if someone else from another country visits our country (and, no, I really don't care if they paid more, less, or the same as I would to visit a theme park) I feel that they should do so with respect to our country and it's culture. I don't care if you're a rude teenager or a visitor from another country, if you wrong me or one of my children I will say something about it and defend myself appropriately.

To the person who indicated that the tour groups chanting about their country isn't any different than a group of American kids chanting or singing about our country, there IS a BIG difference. They're in America. For my kids to chant or sing about America in America is most definitely appropriate. I wouldn't want my children going to some other country carrying on making fools of themselves and a mockery of someone else's home. This is because I've raised my sons appropriately and taught them respect. Again, it comes back to culture. When you are in another country you most certainly should be respectful of the culture of that land.

If you travel state to state within the US you are subject to the laws of the place you are in. If you travel from country to country you are subject to those laws of that country.

For the life of me I do not understand why people repeatedly think that as Americans we should just lay down and accept the crap and sometimes abuse we get dealt by people who come into our country just because they are from somewhere else. I won't do it. And if those visitors don't like it they can just go home. I don't go to other countries expecting special treatment and/or priveledges. Don't come here expecting such.

And, I think it was Cooleo, who indicated how overly expensive things are in Brazil with lesser quality. Obviously these tour folks have plenty of resources that they can afford to travel internationally. Kind of hard to feel sorry for them. I could afford to travel abroad but choose to spend my money differently. I'm sure those people could as well.

I agree. It really does boil down to respect. My hubby and I are planning a trip to Europe next year so I am trying to learn languages and culture so I can be respectful to the people inhabiting the countries we visit. And besides, when you go visit another place whether it's another state or another country, you are representing the place you come from. It's not wrong to have pride from where you come from but to go overboard and being obnoxious about it is just not cool.

Brwneyedgirl72

Well, your from Denver, so my guess is you probably are white, republican and climb mountains, hunt, fish, ski and drink Coors. Am I right? Or am I just generalizing.

Is that really necessary? Lets try not to let all of this get ugly and remember it is a DISNEY board.

Chu-Chi Face

I know quite a few English who could give BTGs a run for their money single handed! :hammer:

(and yes I am English).

Point illustrated.

Timmay

Well, your from Denver, so my guess is you probably are white, republican and climb mountains, hunt, fish, ski and drink Coors. Am I right? Or am I just generalizing.
Well, that was a perfect example of a non sequitur.

Next time, just say you were wrong...it will save us all some valuable time.

wedway71

Well this just sucks.....

I was going to transfer to Denver but now I cant since I hate to hunt, im a Democrat, ........but wait........ I do drink Coors.:D

Club Cooloholic

Well, that was a perfect example of a non sequitur.

Next time, just say you were wrong...it will save us all some valuable time.

NAh, think I hit it right on the head, make one comment with the words "white republican", and people get upset, meanwhile the bashing of a brazillian continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom