7DMT is currently on fire (11/1/14)

PhotoDave219

Well, it's looking like everybody is okay. Still a lot of crazy stuff floating around on Twitter, and it's trending on Facebook. I'll be surprised if it's actually open again tonight though. That just sounds unsafe.

So now you understand why my patience runs thin & I tend to fly off the handle?

Lots of misinformation on Twitter.

Lots of people playing citizen journalist whom have never been at a structure collapse, major fire or had a BLEVE go off 200 yards from them. (I dont recommend that last one)

Short version: you report what you know. You report what you can prove.

DistractedGenius

So now you understand why my patience runs thin & I tend to fly off the handle?

Lots of misinformation on Twitter.

Lots of people playing citizen journalist whom have never been at a structure collapse, major fire or had a BLEVE go off 200 yards from them. (I dont recommend that last one)

Short version: you report what you know. You report what you can prove.

Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, there are still people saying that the ride is completely on fire and at least seven people are dead and stuff like that. It's ridiculous.

Magenta Panther

Holy flippin' crap. Am I glad I was able to jump to the end of this thread after I logged in here, instead of going through all of the minute-by-minute drama. Anyway, thank God nobody got hurt and the ride is okay. Whew!

Tom Morrow

Holy flippin' crap. Am I glad I was able to jump to the end of this thread after I logged in here, instead of going through all of the minute-by-minute drama. Anyway, thank God nobody got hurt and the ride is okay. Whew!
lol yeah.

It's on fire!
The fire is spreading!
Fantasyland evacuated!
The lift hill collapsed! It will never run again!
TOTAL ANARCHY!

...oh wait it was just some plastic bushes on fire and the fire is out and the ride is running again like normal.

Sped2424

And now you shall deal with me little dwarves...AND ALL THE POWERS OF HELL
tumblr_nee9fyk2nw1r15pa2o1_500.jpg

Image source

PhotoDave219

My favorite part of tonight will be the sentinel article describing mine train as a ride with swaying cars and SNOW!?!?

How do they continue to get so much wrong about a place 15 minutes away?

I haven't read the article… they get a lot wrong because at 9:30 on a Saturday night, you have one person maybe two people, working the desk. They've cut back beyond belief.

Short version? The people writing the story have no idea about the attraction itself.

What think should be interested in? Whether or not any changes occurred after the last fire on top of mermaid…

kap91

I haven't read the article… they get a lot wrong because at 9:30 on a Saturday night, you have one person maybe two people, working the desk. They've cut back beyond belief.

Short version? The people writing the story have no idea about the attraction itself.

What think should be interested in? Whether or not any changes occurred after the last fire on top of mermaid…
Except the sentinel has gotten so much wrong about the theme parks, indeed most local events, since like ...well pretty much forever.

Rob562

Im hearing from buffs down there that it was a misfire, not embers from the show. Definitely not something that was planned for.

I was in the park tonight. (Posting this from my room at SSR) Had zero idea this had even happened until I happened to log on here before heading to bed after a long day.

Watched Wishes from Main Street and definitely remember a large shell going off too low to the ground. We then hung out in Tomorrowland Terrace until the 10:35pm showing of Celebrate the Magic. They didn't shoot off the pyro at the end which I just chalked up to it being windy or that maybe they didn't do pyro for the second showing, but now I realize it must've been because RCFD was on the scene of the fire and the disabled all additional pyro.

After that we stayed in the west side of the park for MSEP and the start of EMH. Before leaving we stopped by the Mine Train at about 1am. It was running and the sign said 20 minutes, but the queue extended out of the entrance and along the walkway. We knew it'd be more than 20 minutes and weren't willing to wait, so we ended our day. Now we know why the line was all messed up...

So all in all a great job on the park staff for us having no clue all this was happening.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I was in the park tonight. (Posting this from my room at SSR) Had zero idea this had even happened until I happened to log on here before heading to bed after a long day.

Watched Wishes from Main Street and definitely remember a large shell going off too low to the ground. We then hung out in Tomorrowland Terrace until the 10:35pm showing of Celebrate the Magic. They didn't shoot off the pyro at the end which I just chalked up to it being windy or that maybe they didn't do pyro for the second showing, but now I realize it must've been because RCFD was on the scene of the fire and the disabled all additional pyro.

After that we stayed in the west side of the park for MSEP and the start of EMH. Before leaving we stopped by the Mine Train at about 1am. It was running and the sign said 20 minutes, but the queue extended out of the entrance and along the walkway. We knew it'd be more than 20 minutes and weren't willing to wait, so we ended our day. Now we know why the line was all messed up...

So all in all a great job on the park staff for us having no clue all this was happening.

-Rob

Great point of view from a guest who was none the wiser. And great example of how insignificant this was. Maybe a couple hundred people impacted, but social media made it sound like the world was ending.

Life went on. RCFD put the fire out and gave the all clear. Ops put the ride back into operations. And I assume they have crews up there right now assessing the damage, since EMH is over.

I hope they address the lack of fire prevention in these new areas, or modify the in-park pyro to avoi these flammable buildings.

PhotoDave219

Great point of view from a guest who was none the wiser. And great example of how insignificant this was. Maybe a couple hundred people impacted, but social media made it sound like the world was ending.

Life went on. RCFD put the fire out and gave the all clear. Ops put the ride back into operations. And I assume they have crews up there right now assessing the damage, since EMH is over.

I hope they address the lack of fire prevention in these new areas, or modify the in-park pyro to avoi these flammable buildings.

Well, this clearly happened before.

And clearly nothing was learned. Or changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom