7DMT is currently on fire (11/1/14)

raven

Isn't that why they block the road off directly in front of the firework fallout zone?

Just the route heading around to the Grand. The other side is open (save for perimeter firework nights) to get around but when the wind it right you are still subject to fallout.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Dave, serious question here....how much work does RCFD actually get. I don't hear of too many fires at WDW, but I'm sure a lot of their daily work would involve more EMT type calls...am I correct in that assumption?

From their website.
The fire department averages about 65 calls for service a day or almost 24,000 calls year.

psherman42

Just the route heading around to the Grand. The other side is open (save for perimeter firework nights) to get around but when the wind it right you are still subject to fallout.
Oh gotcha. I guess I've never driven back there when the wind is really blowing.

note2001

24,000 fires a year is quite a bit....that place ain't safe

The resorts and parks call the fire department for any health issues they aren't prepared to handle. My nephew split his leg open by dropping a glass in their room. The front desk told her they'd call 911 for her. She said no when she remembered that with her boys she kept a surgical worthy first aid kit in her car.

PhotoDave219

Dave, serious question here....how much work does RCFD actually get. I don't hear of too many fires at WDW, but I'm sure a lot of their daily work would involve more EMT type calls...am I correct in that assumption?

Mostly car accidents and EMS calls from what I've heard. The odd brush fire here and there.

I have not heard of a major, working structure fire in my time here. Tho they keep everything quiet.

ProfSavage

Too bad it wasn't next week. Elsa could have snowed out the fire....

Sorry, just trying to add levity..

Unless she started it....

hailhydra7.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom