70 Disney Bus Drivers Quit Last Week?!?

amykissangel said:
I agree that your comment was a little bit rude...why do you think Disney had tons of resorts that aren't on the monorail? Because most people can't afford them. You're correct, you do get what you pay for. But if you had to wait half an hour for the monorail, I think you'd be complaining as well. Please try to see other's points of view. :)

Guess you've had problems too! Take a taxi. :kiss: Save up and stay somewhere nicer.

Aprilnjosh said:
Guess you've had problems too! Take a taxi. :kiss: Save up and stay somewhere nicer.

We've stayed at GF the last few times, so please don't be snide. I was simply asking you to be more considerate of the people on these boards. I wasn't trying to insult you...by your reply, I sense you didn't extend me the same courtesy. I just wanted to point out that there are reasons as to why there are several hotels for people to stay at...just because people aren't paying thousands of dollars doesn't mean they shouldn't receive quality service.

amykissangel said:
We've stayed at GF the last few times, so please don't be snide. I was simply asking you to be more considerate of the people on these boards. I wasn't trying to insult you...by your reply, I sense you didn't extend me the same courtesy. I just wanted to point out that there are reasons as to why there are several hotels for people to stay at...just because people aren't paying thousands of dollars doesn't mean they shouldn't receive quality service.

Good. So you know what kind of service I mean, right?

slappy magoo

aprilinjosh will never be accused of being empathetic.

Not everyone can afford to stay at a monorail resort. Some people struggle to afford the value resorts, or to afford staying on-property at all.

Regardless, one of the "perks" of staying on-site--one of those selling points that every travel agent reminds you and every Disney site trumpets--is all that wonderful on-site transportation. So technically, they ARE "paying for it," and they AREN'T getting what they pay for. Therefore, even snide asinine comments along the lines of "save up until you can afford a better resort" come off as ill-informed as the 4 year old that assumes the bank is the "money store," and if daddy says he can't afford to get you that new bank, then why doesn't he go to the bank and get some? The convenience of transportation is supposedly factored into the cost of staying on-site, and if it's not, then Disney should stop printing it in their brochures.

Quite frankly, you seem to enjoy being a d-nozzle, and I'd hate to interrupt what little fun you might have in your life, picking on people because you might be better-off than they are. Enjoy yourself. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses, or laugh at a quadripelegic whose wheelchair has a dead battery. Seems to be your style.

slappy magoo said:
aprilinjosh will never be accused of being empathetic.

Not everyone can afford to stay at a monorail resort. Some people struggle to afford the value resorts, or to afford staying on-property at all.

Regardless, one of the "perks" of staying on-site--one of those selling points that every travel agent reminds you and every Disney site trumpets--is all that wonderful on-site transportation. So technically, they ARE "paying for it," and they AREN'T getting what they pay for. Therefore, even snide asinine comments along the lines of "save up until you can afford a better resort" come off as ill-informed as the 4 year old that assumes the bank is the "money store," and if daddy says he can't afford to get you that new bank, then why doesn't he go to the bank and get some? The convenience of transportation is supposedly factored into the cost of staying on-site, and if it's not, then Disney should stop printing it in their brochures.

Quite frankly, you seem to enjoy being a d-nozzle, and I'd hate to interrupt what little fun you might have in your life, picking on people because you might be better-off than they are. Enjoy yourself. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses, or laugh at a quadripelegic whose wheelchair has a dead battery. Seems to be your style.

I work for my money...thanks. You could too.:kiss:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Aprilnjosh said:

We get the idea that you never use a bus anywhere, and either take a monorail or a taxi. Your posts are coming across as rather unhelpful, so I'd recommend leaving this subject alone now, you have said your piece.

Kadee

Back on topic....... The thought that TWDC would be making the bus drivers work that much is a bit alarming! While I'm sure the driver's comment on keeping her awake was meant as a joke, it would worry me some. I would hope that Disney wouldn't do something like that and put so many lives in jeopardy. It's one thing to fall asleep while serving someone a burger, but quite another to fall asleep driving a very large bus.

A question for those of you who work at TWDC or go regularly: Do y'all really think they are that short or is someone (a bus driver) just trying to stir the pot? Would that many people really walk out on their jobs?

slappy magoo

Aprilnjosh said:

Unfortunately, there's no cool way for me to say it.

I make a six figure income and can pretty much afford to stay wherever I want in WDW.

My comment was directed at you to consider people who just don't make as much money as either one of us. See, it's that thing called "empathy" that you should try to develop. Hey, it worked on Ebeneezer Scrooge, and now he's rolling in dough everytime someone dramatizes his true-life story. Give it a shot. Worst case scenario, the "kitchen help" wherever you eat will stop peeing in your food. Unless you've grown accustomed to the taste, in which case, bon appetit. :D

matthope03

I will gladly chime in here. AprilnJosh you are the type of person that nobody wants to stand in line next to because you think you should be privileged enough to get first class everything. Just because you stay at a deluxe does not mean you get pampered compared to everyone else. It is a good thing you work for your money because your personality definately won't earn you anything. Think twice before making remarks like that on these boards. They are not welcomed by any of us.

Oh and by the way this is not a money issue like you are making it out to be. It is about the quality of service, and deluxe or value, the quality of service is not up to par, although I do believe that steps are being made to change this.

matthope03 said:
I will gladly chime in here. AprilnJosh you are the type of person that nobody wants to stand in line next to because you think you should be privileged enough to get first class everything. Just because you stay at a deluxe does not mean you get pampered compared to everyone else. It is a good thing you work for your money because your personality definately won't earn you anything. Think twice before making remarks like that on these boards. They are not welcomed by any of us.

Oh and by the way this is not a money issue like you are making it out to be. It is about the quality of service, and deluxe or value, the quality of service is not up to par, although I do believe that steps are being made to change this.

Here Here! Well said. This guy's arrogant attitude jumped across the desk at me like a crazed cat in dire need of its rabies shot. People who measure their lives and treatment of others by the weighing of money is tragic, if not plain devastating.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Disney is a place where we can ALL escape, not only the rich and selfish. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, this just re-affirms why I hate the GF.

Besides that - the Buses aren't the problem. You pay to spend less time on them by staying at a monorail resort, hence adding more comfort to your life, but they should operate properly no matter where they are going.

If i recall correctly, the most expensive room at WDW is actually at AKL (i could be wrong) and that resort has buses to everything.

Want to be really posh and nose in the air? Hire a Disney tour guide! They'll be your personal guide and drive you around from point to point and even drop you off in some backstage areas. I'd like to see your taxi do that.

The point? Don't pull heirs because there's always someone better off than you. Be nice to people - all people - and folks wont be tempted to "do things" in your bisque.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Aprilnjosh said:

Jeez - Steve; you were too polite. Hopefully you came here due to a report alert. This arrogant little kid is hopefully heading for a suspension.

I won`t sink to their level, suffice to say I havn`t felt this mad over a post since Thrawn called me out.

mousermerf said:
Well, this just re-affirms why I hate the GF.

Besides that - the Buses aren't the problem. You pay to spend less time on them by staying at a monorail resort, hence adding more comfort to your life, but they should operate properly no matter where they are going.

If i recall correctly, the most expensive room at WDW is actually at AKL (i could be wrong) and that resort has buses to everything.

Want to be really posh and nose in the air? Hire a Disney tour guide! They'll be your personal guide and drive you around from point to point and even drop you off in some backstage areas. I'd like to see your taxi do that.

The point? Don't pull heirs because there's always someone better off than you. Be nice to people - all people - and folks wont be tempted to "do things" in your bisque.

Thanks

wdwmagic said:
We get the idea that you never use a bus anywhere, and either take a monorail or a taxi. Your posts are coming across as rather unhelpful, so I'd recommend leaving this subject alone now, you have said your piece.

I just made a suggestion about a monorail resort. The others are calling me out pretty much calling me a snot. There's somehting wrong with that?

slappy magoo

Aprilnjosh said:
I just made a suggestion about a monorail resort. The others are calling me out pretty much calling me a snot. There's somehting wrong with that?

No, there's nothing wrong with calling you out as a snot, because your comments were snotty. If you can't see that, then apparently you should take the money you'd use to stay at a monorail resort and invest in a reading/writing comprehension course. It would be money better spent. See you on the bus! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom