70 Disney Bus Drivers Quit Last Week?!?

Frank Stallone

Aprilnjosh said:
You can do as you wish. Just don't complain about service you're receiving. You get what you pay for.

Just like there are people 3 floors up from you in the concierge level, who are paying much more than you, which means they make more money than you, and also have the luxury of having a Disney VIP tour guide, which means they get picked up from the airport, picked up from their resort, get priority dinner reservations, get priority access to rides and shows, and unlike you, they don't have to remind people of their wealth.

I hope you enjoyed the longest run-on sentence in the history of the internet. Please take your trolling elsewhere.

Side note: Swan and Dolphin now have the highest priced rooms (median price) on property. Last time I checked, there wasn't a monorail at the Swan or Dolphin.

wdwishes2005

tomm4004 said:
If you got on an airplane, and the pilot came on the PA and said that he/she was on their second straight night of overtime and asked the passengers to sing songs to help keep him/her awake - what would you do?
I would slap myself awake from that dream because he wouldn't be flying that much. They don't let them fly that much..... And would that mean I never fly again?

jmvd20

unkadug said:
I wonder if they all quit because of misinformation coming back to haunt them?

Great point. The one infailable truth that I learned at WDW last week is that the bus drivers are NEVER correct about park closing times, or fireworks times. On thursday last week I was shocked to hear EPCOT had a parade at 3:00 P.M.

redsfan4life

Aprilnjosh I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY THANK YOU AND I HAVE NEVER STAYED ANYWHERE ON PROPERTY EXCEPT VALUE RESORTS . I BARELY CAN AFFORD MY STAYS AT A VALUE RESORT . I DONT THINK MYSELF ANY LESS WORTHY OF BEING TREATED MAGICALLY OR AS ANY LESS THAN YOU BECAUSE I DONT MAKE SIX FIGURES, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU NOT THINKING YOU ARE ANY BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO TO DELUXE RESORTS . I SPEND MAYBE 3 HOURS A DAY IN MY ROOM AT A VALUE RESORT WHY WOULD I WANT TO PAY DELUXE PRICES IF I AM NEVER IN THE ROOM . To everyone else reading this i apoligize for the caps lock but i was mad and still am. Btw I love my morning and late night bus rides.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
redsfan4life said:
Aprilnjosh I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY THANK YOU AND I HAVE NEVER STAYED ANYWHERE ON PROPERTY EXCEPT VALUE RESORTS . I BARELY CAN AFFORD MY STAYS AT A VALUE RESORT . I DONT THINK MYSELF ANY LESS WORTHY OF BEING TREATED AS ANY LESS THAN YOU BECAUSE I DONT MAKE SIX FIGURES, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU NOT THINKING YOU ARE ANY BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO TO DELUXE RESORTS . I SPEND MAYBE 3 HOURS A DAY IN MY ROOM AT A VALUE RESORT WHY WOULD I WANT TO PAY DELUXE PRICES IF I AM NEVER IN THE ROOM . To everyone else reading this i apoligize for the caps lock but i was mad and still am. Btw I love my morning and late night bus rides.

Dont get mad.. they/he/it are obvious just a troll.. nobody is that much of an smacktard in real life. They just want to get reactions from people.. so dont give it to them. And also I agree about wasting money if your not going to stay in your room much. When we were there for 8 nights in earlier this month.. we were out of the room every day by 8am and didn't get back into to usually after 11pm where we just crashed.. so it seemed like a waste to spend the money on a deluxe resort. I would maybe try a moderate but they need to build a moderate that I like more than the Pop Century.

michaelsgurl29

redsfan4life said:
Aprilnjosh I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY THANK YOU AND I HAVE NEVER STAYED ANYWHERE ON PROPERTY EXCEPT VALUE RESORTS . I BARELY CAN AFFORD MY STAYS AT A VALUE RESORT . I DONT THINK MYSELF ANY LESS WORTHY OF BEING TREATED MAGICALLY OR AS ANY LESS THAN YOU BECAUSE I DONT MAKE SIX FIGURES, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU NOT THINKING YOU ARE ANY BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO TO DELUXE RESORTS . I SPEND MAYBE 3 HOURS A DAY IN MY ROOM AT A VALUE RESORT WHY WOULD I WANT TO PAY DELUXE PRICES IF I AM NEVER IN THE ROOM . To everyone else reading this i apoligize for the caps lock but i was mad and still am. Btw I love my morning and late night bus rides.

You go Michael! Tell these people what you REALLY think of their VERY immature attitudes and statements! :eek:

tirian

BACK ON TOPIC

Yes, nearly the entire resort is on mandatory 6-day workweeks right now because of the labor shortage. When expanding the WDW resort, planners apparently forgot that you have to find enough people to run it all; and CPs aren't around long enough to considerably improve the situation. :eek: Thus, the pre-existing labor shortage, combined with the drivers that left, have forced Disney to use many outsourced busses. Don't complain; the majority of these busses are plush VIP ones with TVs, tables, and a toilet!

P.S. Regarding the immature bus transportation remarks: I have stayed at monorail, deluxe, moderate, and value resorts, and have learned an important lesson. No matter where you stay, you will have to use a bus to for one reason or another. Disney doesn't consider bus transportation inferior to any of the other options; in fact, if you stay at a monorail resort, you'll have to use a bus to get to the Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney (and at the GF, the bus will get you to Epcot faster than the monorail). Furthermore, the monorail resorts get the most lousy bus service of all: one bus for all three hotels! While my personal favorite resorts are the Poly and the Boardwalk, frankly, anyone who thinks that staying in a specific resort makes you better than any other WDW Guest needs to grow up.

tirian

tomm4004 said:
We used to park hop, now we hotel hop. It's so easy with baggage transfer and checking in anymore tends to take about two minutes. Last trip we went WL - 4 nights, AKL - 2 nights, BW - 4 nights. It was perfect. At WL we did strictly MK and canoed at FW, rode boats on Bay Lake. Then at AKL of course we did strictly AK. Then at BW we did EPCOT and MGM, which involved nothing more than walking. So we really cut down on buses and transportation.

Also, it made our time at WDW feel longer by splitting it into basically three separate vacations. And it gave a distinct feel to each segment. The time at WL, MK and FW felt rural and laid back; staying at AKL while visiting AK extends the experience and makes it feel like you never left the park; and the EPCOT, MGM, BW days had a cohesion as well, being more urban and modern overall.

I think we will follow this pattern from now on.

:sohappy: I love hotel hopping! Go to the parks a few days, take a day off to switch hotels and visit Downtown Disney, and start again from a new hotel; you feel like you're getting two vacations in one! (Of course, since I live here, I pack extremely lightly...so that makes things a bit easier.)

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
tomm4004 said:
If you got on an airplane, and the pilot came on the PA and said that he/she was on their second straight night of overtime and asked the passengers to sing songs to help keep him/her awake - what would you do?

I would totally take over for him! or the copilot would take over

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Dont get mad.. they/he/it are obvious just a troll.. nobody is that much of an smacktard in real life. They just want to get reactions from people.. so dont give it to them.

Wow, cool, you used 'smacktard' in a sentence.

Last time I was at WDW, my husband and I rented a pool home with 3 bedrooms and a fold out couch for $1200 a week with 3 other couples. We all pitched in and rented an 8 person van for the week as well. We weren't in the van or the pool home most of the week, but for $450 a couple it was the way to go. Getting smashed in private and going swimming late at night was a bonus.

I drove the van some and wished we were on property and could use the busses a couple of times, Florida traffic is just wild. :eek: I'm surprised there aren't more horrbile bus accidents in Orlando with the way the traffic is there.

MansionHostess4

CommunicoreBabe said:
... I drove the van some and wished we were on property and could use the busses a couple of times, Florida traffic is just wild. :eek: I'm surprised there aren't more horrbile bus accidents in Orlando with the way the traffic is there.

Completely agree that the traffic and drivers (not all, but many) are quite scary. I was on I-4 last week going to Universal for a day, and was much more afraid of the trip there than going on the roller coasters!! I am learning my way around the area before moving in a week or so, and had to really pay attention to the road signs and exits. However, when the cars are flying around and behind you at 80 mph, it's easy to miss your turn-off. I hate speeding as I am a safe driver who may go 5 mph over the limit, but find it ironic that to be "safe" one has to keep up with the other drivers who seem to think I-4 is another term for the Indy 500 :brick:

tirian

Learn how to get around on Vineland and Turkey Lake. It takes a bit more time, but you avoid the bulk of traffic.

Anthony95

reading about the cab idea... i thought 'hmmm i'll use this on those nights when i'm tired'...

then reading abou the one way fares... i thought... "um... i needs to wait on that bus' lol

i keep forgetting that wdw is the size of freaking san francisco. i work in sf and know for a fact cab fare is a mug!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
tirian said:
Learn how to get around on Vineland and Turkey Lake. It takes a bit more time, but you avoid the bulk of traffic.

vineland and turkey lake mmm tasty flowing traffic roads

jonesenon4

i just dont understand what everyone is complaining about.we are getting ready for our 50th return trip to wdw approx. 20 at onsite resorts and we have never never had any problem with transportation. we have always stayed at moderate resorts until this year we are staying at wilderness lodge.maybe we are just lucky but i think the drivers do a wonderful job.the only reason we stay on site is because of the provided transportation.:wave:

Unplugged

Most common

jonesenon4 said:
imaybe we are just lucky but i think the drivers do a wonderful job.the only reason we stay on site is because of the provided transportation.

I have to agree. We rarely have trouble, more so slight delays depending on when they reroute buses (not the choice of the driver to my knowledge). Delays can occur anywhere and though rare in the big picture, should be expected on occassion. Our three most common "delay" times for buses:
  • From Typhoon Lagoon to Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk
  • From Pleasure Island to Wilderness Lodge
  • From EPCOT to Wilderness Lodge
Other than those segments, we've had good service over the years. Of course, on my 3rd item, we know avoid that by going to the transportation center and taking a monorail (which ever comes first). :eek:

Star Command

We were there this past week and stayed at Pop Century, we never had any trouble with the transportation system, our longest wait was 15 minutes for a bus when we tried to get from EPCOT back to Pop. I guess we just had good timing, we never waited more than 5 minutes for any monorail. The chartered buses were in heavy use this week, we saw at least five different bus companies being used to transport Disney guests. I would believe the rumor about some of the drivers quitting, as there were several Disney Transport buses not in use while the chartered buses were. We rode one of the charters from Animal Kingdom to MGM Studios, the driver said that Disney just couldn't keep up with the crowds. Also in the Orlando Sentinal there is an ad offering sign on bonuses for transportation and housekeeping jobs.
The ad also listed jobs for lifeguards, culinary, and lookalike characters I believe the starting wage was for $7.25 an hour and some of the sign on bonuses were for $1,000.

ssidiouss@mac.c your avatar is great, Appliance Direct is too funny. Saw lots of the commercials while we were there, they were entertaining! If I could I would buy my appliances from them.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1652951", true); </SCRIPT>

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Old Key West seems to have the worst bus times. Maybe because they have to stop at 3 or 4 bus stops. We usually just take the car when staying there.

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Dont get mad.. they/he/it are obvious just a troll.. nobody is that much of an smacktard in real life.
After I finished spewing water out my mouth and nose, I have to say that that comment made my day. I really have never heard that word before...it's hysterical. If you don't mind, it's going on my AIM profile:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom