70 Disney Bus Drivers Quit Last Week?!?

MiklCraw4d

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Busses were pretty bad this week going to Pop Century after the parks were closed.. and on one trip back a lady bus driver said that around 70 bus drivers just quit last pay period.
I stayed at Pop Century last month because it was the only place I could get reservations when I called. Transportation was a disaster. Last year I stayed at Dixie Landings and... transportation was a disaster. I wonder how long they can keep up such terrible service before it comes back to bite them in the tail. It's hard enough to keep that fleet running without huge walkouts.

Then again, it only takes one person to carry how many people on a single monorail? :)

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where it's far more efficient to stay off property for a third of the price and just drive to the parks. Something's going to have to give, and soon...

michael

MiklCraw4d

mkt said:
Disney is short staffed, plain and simple... and there are a lot of other employers in central florida that are appearing more attractive than the mouse right now.

Disney needs major changes if it wishes to remain an attractive employer... and increasing the number of CP's is not the solution.
Amen, brother. From what I've heard it sounds like there are similar problems in Anaheim. I wonder when management is going to put two and two together, bite the bullet, and start spending more upfront on CM pay and benefits like they used to. Much like so many other things that have fallen into disfavor (monorails, etc) you take a hit upfront but reap a lot of intangible (and even financial!) bonuses down the road.

michael

Shiloh

If I am correct bus drivers are ruled by the dept of transportation and I think the max hours they can work per week is 60, hence the reason they are being forced to work 60 hrs per week. I used to be a fedex driver and those rules were imposed upon us, too, altho fedex didnt allow us to work over 55 hrs per week, just so we wouldnot exceed the 60 hr rule.

Shiloh

<<If I could I would buy my appliances from them>>
No, you would not want to buy from them. I work in the appliance business and i can tell you that they say their appliances are new in the box, but they are not.

Shiloh

<<<If I could I would buy my appliances from them>>
No you would not want to buy from appliance direct. I work in the appliance business and can tell you their "new in box" items are not new.<IF them from appliances my buy would I could>

warlord said:
Old Key West seems to have the worst bus times. Maybe because they have to stop at 3 or 4 bus stops. We usually just take the car when staying there.

If you think the buses are bad at OKW, try staying at Port Orleans Riverside! :brick: :brick: If it wasn't for the outstanding atmosphere at POR, I wouldn't stay there simply because of the poor transportation. The ironic thing about the transportation at POR is the fact that the buses are usually dispatched from the PO French Quarter parking lot---literally right next door!! We have waited, numerous times, more than 30-45 minutes for a specific bus, while we would watch scores of buses for another specific park keep coming through the resort. When we receive a TELL US WHAT YOU THINK card, we always blast the transportation as a unit (we don't blame a particular driver---they are only going where they are told to go).

wdwishes2005

IneedaWDWfix said:
If you think the buses are bad at OKW, try staying at Port Orleans Riverside! :brick: :brick: If it wasn't for the outstanding atmosphere at POR, I wouldn't stay there simply because of the poor transportation. The ironic thing about the transportation at POR is the fact that the buses are usually dispatched from the PO French Quarter parking lot---literally right next door!! We have waited, numerous times, more than 30-45 minutes for a specific bus, while we would watch scores of buses for another specific park keep coming through the resort. When we receive a TELL US WHAT YOU THINK card, we always blast the transportation as a unit (we don't blame a particular driver---they are only going where they are told to go).
I've never noticed any horrible busses there, not that they were exceptionally fast though.

celticdog

IneedaWDWfix said:

I have to disagree with this. When we were there in Nov 2004, the buses were frequent and many. We rarely waited longer than 10 minutes. I personally have never experienced any problems, difficulties or any inconviences with the bus service on any trip. Disney and the drivers do an outstanding job.

dismedic

Just returned from POR last week, The busses were good never waited longer than 20 min at POR now naturaly during heavy return times at the parks was a differant story. I will say it seems thay may need a bit more tweeking with the dispatch protocols on the returns from the parks but give the heavy flow from the values they do indeed need the extra busses assigned to the values.

I must commend the drivers as they do what they can despite some guest obnoxiouse behavior at times , and visa versa some drivers are the exception being rude to the guest. Being in the public service industry I can attest its a two way street at times patients abuse us and we get curt at times with the public . Is it right no just human nature I guess after all these years

Mabey to put this to rest I believe a forum member INVERO is a transportation oldie CM mabey he can give us some accurate input on what is up ? Thats if he is still a memeber of the forum , he always had good insight on the transport part of WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom