7-9-07: Wand Removal Begins

bliss

I saw around 6 trucks loaded with crane parts and a crane arriving in the back cast member gate of Epcot around 10:00 PM Sunday night. The name on the side of the trucks were Sim Crane and Equipment.

tn1999

the crane is currently on a couple trucks behind american adventure and italy. i wonder how much of its installation will get done tonight. i know my area (future world north) is prepping for this, as we cannont be in our area during "crane time" for safety reasons. this crane time should begin around midnight - after all CMs will have left anyway.

Figment82

the crane is currently on a couple trucks behind american adventure and italy. i wonder how much of its installation will get done tonight. i know my area (future world north) is prepping for this, as we cannont be in our area during "crane time" for safety reasons. this crane time should begin around midnight - after all CMs will have left anyway.

At around 11:30, the crane was driven down to SSE and the set up process was beginning. Should be interesting to see what tomorrow and the next few days will bring. It looked like they were sealing the cement on that side a few days ago - at least that's what it smelled like and they had the big fans going.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Isn't it ironic that we found permits for every stupid little thing Disney does yet there was no permit for the removal of a major structure like the wand?

I guess the really cool stuff doesn't need permits.

Krozar

Figured it would be done 3rd shift. Nice that it won't disturb the monorail or guests.

I have heard somewhere that the steel skeleton will be used for a major cleaning of the SSE tiles as it is taken down. That would be awesome! Back to its 1981 brilliance? (they also need to head over to the Imagination! pyramids, those are just downright icky)

Enigma

Account Suspended
Not to start rumors but I have heard that the wierd purple stuff and gaudy things around the communicore buildings is going to be removed as well. Would be awsome if true!

brkgnews

I think I can safely put this up now. :D

WandWatchAlert.jpg

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

brkgnews

Not to start rumors but I have heard that the wierd purple stuff and gaudy things around the communicore buildings is going to be removed as well. Would be awsome if true!
That was also mentioned by a very reliable insider (Spirit of 74) over at LP. I'd love to see it happen.

Another poster over there also mentioned this...

There are dozens of blue SSE OmniMover vehicles pulled out of SSE and set nearby.

So sounds like inside and outside work got underway almost immediately last night.

Foolish Mortal

Disney channel should pre-empt their normal programming and dedicate that time to removal coverage until the project is over :ROFLOL: They can resume normal programming when work is not being done.

brkgnews

Disney channel should pre-empt their normal programming and dedicate that time to removal coverage until the project is over :ROFLOL: They can resume normal programming when work is not being done.
:lol:

I wonder if I should go activate the EAS here at the station. :lookaroun

aeromike

People are excited to see the wand go down, but won't Spaceship Earth look worse when it gets painted Bronze for the 25th anniversary year???It will look more old than futureistic really lol

brkgnews

People are excited to see the wand go down, but won't Spaceship Earth look worse when it gets painted Bronze for the 25th anniversary year???It will look more old than futureistic really lol
It ain't Space Mountain at Disneyland.

And besides. 25 is the silver anniversary, so we're good to go as-is. :D

minnie2000

How much is the ride itself changing? Is it just going to be tidied up and painted etc., or will it actually be changed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom