7-9-07: Wand Removal Begins

teebin

i asked this question in one of the other hundred Wand threads, but if the crane is where it is.... what path did they take to get it in the place it is in. i know that merf linked the satelite view of where he thought it was... now with photos we confirmed this, but im wondering if they drove it in by guest relations or from the backside (WS under the canopy)

I believe the trussed section (top) would have been brought in after the crane (extendable) and attached in location.

jmvd20

I believe the trussed section (top) would have been brought in after the crane (extendable) and attached in location.

Yep, cranes like that come in pieces and are assembled on site. They are made to be driven down roads and meet typical bridge height clearances so it really isn't an issue.

Kind of strange how a 400' crane can fit under a 14' bridge...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yep, cranes like that come in pieces and are assembled on site. They are made to be driven down roads and meet typical bridge height clearances so it really isn't an issue.

Kind of strange how a 400' crane can fit under a 14' bridge...
yey, that is why initially i thought it could fit under the breezeway of SSE but obviously not through the graveyard or entrance. :animwink:

Badger Brent

Back to Big Blue and the crane crashing at Miller Park, i had two friends there at the time. One was doing electrical work and the other was doing ceilings in the suites. Neither was hurt, but the memory remains. Brent

jmvd20

Back to Big Blue and the crane crashing at Miller Park, i had two friends there at the time. One was doing electrical work and the other was doing ceilings in the suites. Neither was hurt, but the memory remains. Brent

Things like that are never forgotten, nor they should they be. It is unfortunate, but nonetheless true that many things are learned from horrible accidents such as that. We have had a few bad construction accidents around here in the last few years and they will remain in this communities memory for decades to come.

goofyfan13

yey, that is why initially i thought it could fit under the breezeway of SSE but obviously not through the graveyard or entrance. :animwink:

It would have been nice if they were able to roll the crane over the tombstones and demolish them all on its way to the wand.

But hey, even if the tombstones don't get removed we can look at it this way, at least the wand will be gone. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom