6/25/13 - The Day Spectro Died... Sorry guys..

MerlinTheGoat

What does Disneyland have to do with this?
It may give us an idea of how the current leadership at Disney perceives night parades regarding the US theme parks. Disneyland lacks one at the moment and i'm really not sure if there are even any wishes or plans among the company to design a new one. WDW's MSEP is running on bought time at this point. If it got to a point where it couldn't run anymore without a major overhaul or perhaps a complete rebuild, it's conceivable that they may just scrap it as well and run Magic Kingdom without a night parade just like Disneyland

I think it's a shame for any Disney park to be without a night parade, because they're really special and traditional. Even when the day parade is awesome, they just can't match the magic of a night parade. And while i'm definitely not a fan of MSEP's music (i'm a Spectromagic fan through and through and will always stand by its music being the best parade theme ever created), it's better than no night parade at all. And in the future, WDW may not have a night parade at all if their plan is to run MSEP to failure...

Fe Maiden

Well, there goes my childhood...WDW just stomped...I mean crushed it with a piece of construction equipment. :( This makes me so sad. There was nothing like standing on Main Street and watching/hearing that parade come by. The MSEP just doesn't do it for me, as hard as I've tried.
MSEP is the ONE parade that I would love to see smashed and crushed up when they are done with it. Can I at least have that? ;)

If you hurry you might be able to pick your childhood out of one of the six dumpsters.

bgraham34

Disney better not get rid of the night time parade that would be completely devastating. I would rather lose the fireworks but only if I had to choose. Plus kids love the parade it is to magical not to be around.

Figment82

Gosh... So much loathing for poor MSEP. I appear to be the only Disney fan who hates SpectroMagic. While I'm sorry to hear of its fate - something that shouldn't have to happen to any beloved piece of Disney history - personally, I was glad its run was over. Now I'm going to run away before the angry mob gets their pitchforks out!

I love MSEP, always have, always will. But MK needs a new parade - something along the lines of Dreamlights. I wasn't a fan of the recent upgrades it received, noteably the soundtrack change, which I think ruined it a bit.

jrh1985

It may give us an idea of how the current leadership at Disney perceives night parades regarding the US theme parks. Disneyland lacks one at the moment and i'm really not sure if there are even any wishes or plans among the company to design a new one. WDW's MSEP is running on bought time at this point. If it got to a point where it couldn't run anymore without a major overhaul or perhaps a complete rebuild, it's conceivable that they may just scrap it as well and run Magic Kingdom without a night parade just like Disneyland

I think it's a shame for any Disney park to be without a night parade, because they're really special and traditional. Even when the day parade is awesome, they just can't match the magic of a night parade. And while i'm definitely not a fan of MSEP's music (i'm a Spectromagic fan through and through and will always stand by its music being the best parade theme ever created), it's better than no night parade at all. And in the future, WDW may not have a night parade at all if their plan is to run MSEP to failure...
I agree! Why is it that only 2 out of 5 MK's has a nIght parade??? DLRP canned Fanti for cost which doesn't make sense to me. Fanti even in its DLRP form deserves better! DL Park we think is getting a night parade but after the last 14 years we'll see. HKDL is getting one next year. I hope it is along the lines of MSEP, Spectro and Fanti and not just an update on their Glow In The Dark Halloween Parade

AllyInWonderland

Oh my gosh. This just broke my heart. I have always had a deep love for that parade. Now with this and Tapestry gone, I don't have a favorite parade.

Thanks a lot Disney. Really appreciate the care you have for your parade floats. :mad:

I'm listening to the music right now, and I am tearing up. :(

I will always love you SpectroMagic!!!! R.I.P.

montyz81

Gosh... So much loathing for poor MSEP. I appear to be the only Disney fan who hates SpectroMagic. While I'm sorry to hear of its fate - something that shouldn't have to happen to any beloved piece of Disney history - personally, I was glad its run was over. Now I'm going to run away before the angry mob gets their pitchforks out!

I love MSEP, always have, always will. But MK needs a new parade - something along the lines of Dreamlights. I wasn't a fan of the recent upgrades it received, noteably the soundtrack change, which I think ruined it a bit.
Not the only one. I have been happy since MSEP returned, it is the original and a classic that has withstood the test of time.

TylerFG

And this is why those in charge shouldn't be.

Disgusting.

This. After reading somebody on here say their childhood was literally CRUSHED, I just couldn't help but get ed about it. (Even if it was a joke) The last time that I ever saw Spectromagic was almost 5 years ago, and I was pretty lucky too, since it was the first show since there was a referb going on at the time. (This was August 2008.) The simple fact that they could've told us that they weren't going to bring Spectromagic back could've softened the blow, but no. They just had to go and pretend like nothing ever even happened ever since MSEP came along. In fact, when I heard news that MSEP was coming back, I couldn't help but fear that this was the last of Spectro, but you know what, I knew it was going to happen. I'm just more shocked/upset at the fact that they could've just said they wouldn't bring it back....unless TDO thought we'd be able to take a hint by the fact that they extended MSEP's stay. :/

WDWFigment

What I think is most sad about this is that everyone has to be so sad. The destruction of SpectroMagic should confirm that a new nighttime parade is in the works, and that we're about to see something revolutionary that puts that antiquated parade to shame. It should be an exciting time as we await that parade's debut. Of course, we all know that Spectro's destruction doesn't mean this at all. Which is why everyone is justifiably sad.

I guess my point is that, while I loved SpectroMagic, in a world where Walt Disney World offerings are kept up to date, it should have been scrapped years ago. The most visited theme park in the world should have a nighttime parade that puts Dreamlights to shame.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with WDW management that doesn't see anything wrong with running a parade that's decades old. Because of that, our most logical hope was that they'd refresh SpectroMagic or do a small rebuild and give that back to us.

To me, that's what's most sad about this...

Tip Top Club

It is indeed in terrible shape. There was a night recently where the entire Mushroom unit was gone completely, went straight from Casey Jr. to Cinderella. Ugh, it saddens me the state of Parades at Walt Disney World.

iYazmo

I was just at WDW and got back on Sunday. Every time I went to the Magic Kingdom at night, I would hear MSEP in the background and get somewhat upset. The MSEP music, I just can't stand it. I hope they bring it back but I think that it it's unlikely. If Disney was more aware of it's popularity, I think they would refurbish it. It's ashame, really. :/

Biff215

What a terrible waste, and complete laziness on Disney's part. I'm afraid that once MSEP falls apart, we'll be left with nothing as others have said.

Spectro was a parade that we would plan our night around, possibly even more than once during a single trip. Unfortunately we typically find ourselves planning to avoid the MSEP, as our family just doesn't have the desire to see it again. The MSEP is cool for nostalgic reasons, Spectro was cool because it was a masterpiece all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom