6/25/13 - The Day Spectro Died... Sorry guys..

Yert3

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge or not, I wasn't as nearly as big on Disney back in 2010 when it happened, but can someone tell me why they "remixed" the music for MSEP in 2010? It sucks (I find it to be completely awful) compared to the original version. I know Disney doesn't like spending money, so why make a whole new version of a song that they already had? Also, what happened to the circus floats? That was my favorite part, of course those are the ones they had to get rid of... :(

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge or not, I wasn't as nearly as big on Disney back in 2010 when it happened, but can someone tell me why they "remixed" the music for MSEP in 2010? It sucks (I find it to be completely awful) compared to the original version. I know Disney doesn't like spending money, so why make a whole new version of a song that they already had? Also, what happened to the circus floats? That was my favorite part, of course those are the ones they had to get rid of... :(

The new soundtrack was created for the 2009 relaunch of the parade at DCA for the first Summer Nighttastic! promotion. The swirly LED pixie dust lights were added to every float, the music tinkered with and the Tink float replaced the Blue Fairy.

It's hard to say what the float lineup is now because they cut so many all the time. MSEP is truly on its last legs 41 years later - it's time to cut it loose before it sullies its own legacy (too late!).

Yert3

The new soundtrack was created for the 2009 relaunch of the parade at DCA for the first Summer Nighttastic! promotion. The swirly LED pixie dust lights were added to every float, the music tinkered with and the Tink float replaced the Blue Fairy.

It's hard to say what the float lineup is now because they cut so many all the time. MSEP is truly on its last legs 41 years later - it's time to cut it loose before it sullies its own legacy (too late!).

Eh. I hate the new soundtrack to be honest. I doesn't have the same energy as the original. At least to me it doesn't.

spectrodanny

this isn't the first time MSEP has looked different on a nightly basis. once Paris got their hands on thr Pinnocchop & Dwarf Mine floats from Disneyland, the lineup kept changing every night. the majority of the time the Alice mushhroom was among the missing floats.

rodserling27

I agree with you, the new music can't hold a candle to the original.

Don Dorsey also said in an interview that they changed the music because there was one 3/4 measure of music in the original Baroque Hoedown. It bothered all the performers literally since the inception of the parade. There were a lot of musical ideas that Don wanted to incorporate into the parade, so they never changed it. In 2009, Disney wanted to write new music to the parade floats and incorporate more songs from the films, and when that opportunity came in 2009 when they "upgraded" the parade, they decided it was time to change the whole underliner and make it all in a cut-time. They also decided on the "DreamLights" version of the parade because the swirly pixie sound was already incorporated.

erwinalber4

Wow this is terrible news. Last time I checked there was hopeful speculation of it's return (I've been out of the loop for awhile). Like many others here, this was my childhood parade. I grew up with it. :mad: I am trying to understand why, I really am, but I can't. I'm scared to even think about what will happen to MSEP at this point. We can only hope that Disney blows us away with a brand NEW night parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom