5th gate anyone.......?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger is worried that prices are getting too high, and that they are pricing out parts of their guest market.

Since they are not a charity, this suggests increasing supply, which helps lower the optimal cost.
Iger absolutely has priced out a chunk of his market…and has ramped that up over the last 18 months.

This is not an exercise In basic Econ…
He’s made promises to investors for many years and they expect them to be honored…and they’re not “fans”

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Iger absolutely has priced out a chunk of his market…and has ramped that up over the last 18 months.

This is not an exercise In basic Econ…
He’s made promises to investors for many years and they expect them to be honored…and they’re not “fans”
…which is why they could maximize revenue with lower gate prices and a third resort.

They don’t need a fifth gate, they need another castle park. In Binghamton.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Or option B is to go full six flags and ban outside food and charge $17+ tax for a slice of pizza and a tiny bag of Lays.

IMG_0499.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…which is why they could maximize revenue with lower gate prices and a third resort.

They don’t need a fifth gate, they need another castle park. In Binghamton.

Or option B is to go full six flags and ban outside food and charge $17+ tax for a slice of pizza and a tiny bag of Lays.

View attachment 790159
Why you so angry today?

…did the wind shift and its blowing in from Cleveland again? 😎

ohioguy

There are no shovels in the ground. No dirt is being moved. No beams are being erected. That is not "well underway". Epcot added Rat 4 years ago, that was something which was an actual expansion. GotG was not an expansion, it was a replacement. Most of Tropical Americas will be a replacement. What exactly are they building with BBT? It was a blue sky announcement at the 2022 D23, there was nothing specific mentioned.

Hopefully some of the emphasis above helps you understand, but somehow, I doubt it will.
Oh dude. LOL. Hopefully you don't talk to your significant other that way.

ohioguy

They can build the 5th park while getting the streaming division straightened out. That why they have multiple divisions lol.
Not with the financial situation they are in. Overall picture. They are still paying off that Fox purchase, are they not?

Goofyernmost

The degree of uncertainty in this country right now is indeed the elephant in the room. There are decisions waiting in the works currently that can possibly spell total disaster. People I have talked to are waiting and not spending money, especially money they don't have (credit). They feel like the changes that might occur could be a disaster to the common folks such as most of us. Plus as possibly predicted those with deep pockets are finding more exotic places to spend their money. Rich folk are terribly fickle and bore easily. They can afford to be. It is totally predictable that they will find a new toy or go back to an old one like the French Riviera. Travelers from other nations are also concerned about getting caught up in a problem that they can't get away from. So along with all the other reasons mentioned just because right now the economy is doing well, that doesn't necessarily mean the luxury things like a Theme Park won't be one of the first things crossed off the list of let's go to the wait and see list.

michmousefan

The real goal is keeping as much money on property as possible. From the time they touch down at MCO to the time they board the plane to leave. This was why I was so shocked that Disney dropped Magical Express. Magical Express did such a great job of ensuring your Disney trip started the moment you arrived at MCO and, as a side effect, made people less tempted to leave the bubble by making people think they didn't need to rent a car. I suspect their surveys have shown that most people are still staying within the bubble for most of their trip (otherwise, Magical Express would be back). I still think there is room to lure more guests to stay on site. Affordable family suites (big enough for [at least] a family of 6) would be very popular. Two-bedroom suites at Endless Summer are half the price of similar size suites on WDW property and I'd imagine if you had more rooms (at a better price) for larger groups like this, you'd get guests staying longer (and buying more food on property).
Yep... bring back ME (or some form of it), expand the existing parks (they are doing this, but not on the scale they need to—we'll see what the "Beyond Big Thunder actually pans out to be), and restore the park hours to the longer operating days that they used to have.

DisneyHead123

I think the odds of getting a “mini” gate are about 50/50 (those are the best odds because I can claim prescience no matter what happens. 😂) I think the top contenders for that would be:

- Something like Pleasure Island 2.0. Especially since park goer demographics have officially shifted to more adults traveling without children than families.

- A land that focuses almost exclusively on character experiences, maybe with some cruise line style restaurant experiences included.

- A new cruise line cay or DVC offering elsewhere in the US with so many offerings it could be considered a mini-gate (a la Coco Cay)

Also worth noting that Disney seems to be increasing their “traveling” experiences. So those may stand in as a mini gate, if you want to stretch the definition of the word.

ohioguy

Yep... bring back ME (or some form of it), expand the existing parks (they are doing this, but not on the scale they need to—we'll see what the "Beyond Big Thunder actually pans out to be), and restore the park hours to the longer operating days that they used to have.

According to some, "Beyond Big Thunder" will likely be a another needless shop and a fancy outhouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom