5th gate anyone.......?

mysto

I would count the monorail, Skyliner, and all the busses as another gate: Disney's Transportation Adventures!

TTCOT Transportation Ticket Center of Tomorrow.

A utopian vision of queueing to get somewhere else.

Just extend the skyliner and dig some canals and tada, 5th gate. 1.2 trillion once you figure the graft in.

ppete1975

Another thing is if you open a 5th gate you severely hurt 3 of the other parks. Everybody will either want to go to the new gate, or the MK. Epcot, AK, and HS would suffer badly. It makes more sense to expand the existing gates even if that means moving infrastructure around. Also the 5th gate would be severely over crowded for the foreseeable future where adding new areas to already existing gates would spread people around.
As much as I would love a new gate it doesnt make alot of sense. As far as universal I would be alot more worried if it wasnt for MK and that beautiful castle. People all over the world and little kids will always want to go there and meet mickey. No matter what IP universal adds, no matter the naysayers, nothing can compete with that. But how many days people stay or how the other 3 parks do thats the question.

Disney hasnt been the bubble it once was for a long time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another thing is if you open a 5th gate you severely hurt 3 of the other parks. Everybody will either want to go to the new gate, or the MK. Epcot, AK, and HS would suffer badly. It makes more sense to expand the existing gates even if that means moving infrastructure around. Also the 5th gate would be severely over crowded for the foreseeable future where adding new areas to already existing gates would spread people around.
As much as I would love a new gate it doesnt make alot of sense. As far as universal I would be alot more worried if it wasnt for MK and that beautiful castle. People all over the world and little kids will always want to go there and meet mickey. No matter what IP universal adds, no matter the naysayers, nothing can compete with that. But how many days people stay or how the other 3 parks do thats the question.

Disney hasnt been the bubble it once was for a long time.
That’s park cannibalization …which is why any mention of “5th park” ends up being silly

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They could have built a nuclear power plant as well, according to the original agreements. :)

If they did, I'd bet you it'd have a "festival"

1718734715606.png

Stripes

Premium Member
The biggest argument against a fifth gate has been that Americans wouldn’t be willing to extend their vacations to visit all the parks. I’m not sure that’s a valid reason Disney wouldn’t build another gate though.

For one, if a visitor doesn’t have enough time to see all the parks in one trip it would likely encourage them to make another trip next year to see the rest of them.

Secondly, Disney needs to spread out the crowds more in order to maintain a positive guest experience.

Jrb1979

The biggest argument against a fifth gate has been that Americans wouldn’t be willing to extend their vacations to visit all the parks. I’m not sure that’s a valid reason Disney wouldn’t build another gate though.

For one, if a visitor doesn’t have enough time to see all the parks in one trip it would likely encourage them to make another trip next year to see the rest of them.

Secondly, Disney needs to spread out the crowds more in order to maintain a positive guest experience.
IMO to spread out crowds, they need more attractions in the parks that are already there

Stripes

Premium Member
IMO to spread out crowds, they need more attractions in the parks that are already there
I think adding capacity to the existing parks first would be a good idea but eventually they will need a fifth gate.

Adding to the existing parks will also help ensure that when a fifth gate is built the new park won’t cannibalize any one park too much. Of course, any time a new gate is built the rest of the parks see some level of attendance decrease but with the number of guests visiting WDW nowadays it makes sense to consider adding a fifth gate in 7-10 years time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's not just a question of time, but of money. Are there enough people who would add extra trips to do more?

Is there any evidence that the current crowd level are hurting attendance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom